“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to email@example.com. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Websites you need to see:
- Friends of the Israel Defense Forces
- Israel: About Israel, The Israel Project, Tourist Information, the Holocaust, Israel map, Israel’s War of Independence, the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War, the First Intifada, the Second Intifada, Arab-Israel conflict, and anti-Semitism
- The Temple Institute
- Video: The Aaronic Blessing—This is a beautiful video rendition of The Aaronic Blessing (Numbers 6: 24-26) in Hebrew and English, but notice that the title Adonai is used instead of the Name Yahweh. That is in keeping with a Jewish tradition that dates back to the mid-second century B.C., but you can be certain about this fact. Yahweh’s Name is essential to The Aaronic Blessing and should be there.
- Video: He is Yahweh
Scripture Quote of the Day:
Isaiah 8: 11-15—For thus Yahweh spoke to me with mighty power and instructed me not to walk in the way of this people, saying, “You are not to say, ‘It is a conspiracy!’ In regard to all that this people call a conspiracy, and you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it. It is Yahweh Sabaoth whom you should regard as holy. And He shall be your fear, and He shall be your dread. Then He shall become a sanctuary; but to both the houses of Israel, a stone to strike and a rock to stumble over, and a snare and a trap for the inhabitants of Jerusalem. Many will stumble over them, then they will fall and be broken; they will even be snared and caught.”
Currently, I am putting up bite sized pieces of His Name is Yahweh in SnyderTalk Commentary. If you haven’t read it, it will be a treat for you. If you have read it, you will probably enjoy reading it again. Don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. You can download the entire manuscript for free at His Name is Yahweh, or you can buy it in Kindle format from Amazon for just $5.
I have left out several footnotes. Please go to the website His Name is Yahweh and download the manuscript. It has all the footnotes, and it’s free.
Yahweh Has Physical and Spiritual Characteristics
Genesis 1: 26 says, “Then God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness.’” This verse suggests that Yahweh is talking with a manifestation of His Divine Being, an interpretation that is consistent with the meaning of the Hebrew word for God, “Elohim.” Elohim is a plural word that “expresses the majesty and fullness of God’s being.” Also, the Hebrew word translated as “image” in Genesis 1: 26 is “tselem” (tseh’-lem). This is a “concrete term implying a physical resemblance” between God and man that is similar to the physical likeness between Adam and his son. In addition, Genesis 2: 7 says that Adam became “a living being” when Yahweh breathed His Spirit into him. Thus, Genesis 1: 26 suggests that Yahweh has physical and spiritual characteristics and that He gave both traits to mankind through Adam.
Targum Yonasan and the Midrash suggest another interpretation of Genesis 1: 26. Targum Yonasan says, “And God said to the ministering angels who had been created on the second day of Creation of the world, ‘Let us make man.’” (Scherman, Rabbi Nosson, The Stone Edition Tanach, The ArtScroll Series®, Mesorah Publications, Brooklyn, New York, 1996, p. 4)
The Midrash expands on this notion: “When Moses wrote the Torah and came to this verse (let us make), which is in the plural and implies that there is more than one Creator, he said: ‘Sovereign of the Universe! Why do you thus furnish a pretext for heretics to maintain that there is a plurality of divinities?’ ‘Write!’ God replied. ‘Whoever wishes to err will err…Instead, let them learn from their Creator Who created all, yet when He came to create Man He took counsel with the ministering angels.” (Scherman, Rabbi Nosson, The Stone Edition Tanach, The ArtScroll Series®, Mesorah Publications, Brooklyn, New York, 1996, p. 4)
It’s obvious that Genesis 1: 26 says one thing and that Targum Yonasan and the Midrash say something entirely different. Thankfully, the Bible provides information that sheds light on this controversial issue.
News Items of Interest:
- Temple Institute Rabbi: Obama is a Robber
- Report: IDF carries out several attacks on Gaza
- IDF trying to boost China ties ahead of Iran sanctions vote
- Editorial / International push for Iran sanctions is too little, too late
- Likud MK: Not even ‘Hussein Obama’ will remove us from Hebron
- Qassam hits Israel after Russia urges Hamas to stop rocket fire
- Lebanon Druze chief holds talks with Syria’s Assad
- U.S. Senator Kerry: Syria is committed to peace
Commonsense: John Kerry is an idiot. I’m sorry if that offends any of my readers, but I’m committed to telling the truth, even when it seems harsh. I’ll stop at that because it would be cruel to hammer such a pathetic dimwit. I am giving him the Dunce Award. He is as deserving as anyone I can think of. Is it just me, or does John Kerry look like an undertaker?
- Police probing Land Day protesters carrying Nasrallah poster
- Ahmed Tibi / For Israel’s Arabs, Land Day is our narrative and our justice
- Shin Bet: Terror-related attacks on the rise in March
- MESS Report / How far will the world go on Iran?
- Somali army trains to fight al-Qaida-linked rebels
- Drug cartels target Mexican army in brazen attacks
- 40 activists bust out of Yemen prison after blast
- China insists Iran nuclear crisis needs ‘peaceful’ answer
- U.S. sees China progress on Iran sanctions drive
- White House welcomes China move on Iran
- Brown backs tougher Iran sanctions
- Muslim Students Want to Take Over Christian College
- High-Ranking U.S. Official: Enemies? Islamists? Revolutionaries? We Don’t See Anyone Like That!
- New Iran sanctions not enough, warns Israel
- 3 Israeli police wounded as Palestinian violence escalates
- Why This War on the Poor?
- Lower Prices and More Foreclosures Will Solve Housing
- Where Do Jews and Christians on the Left Get Their Values?
- The Growing Threat from Female Suicide Bombers
- What makes Obama different?
- Pope sees sex scandal as test; bishops urge reform
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org