“…Jerusalem, the city where I have chosen for Myself to put My Name.” (Yahweh speaking, 1 Kings 11: 36)
The 2016 Presidential Election is about Yahweh
I planned to post this editorial after Sukkot, but I changed my mind. Enjoy.
I don’t enjoy writing about the 2016 presidential election. To me, it’s a diversion from things that I enjoy and need/want to do.
So, why am I writing about it? Why is it so important?
There are many reasons to believe that the next president will define the character of our nation like none before him/her. For example,
- The next president will appoint several Supreme Court justices. They will define what the Supreme Court will become for decades to come.
- The next president will determine our nation’s position on illegal immigration. In a broader sense, he/she will determine whether the U.S. remains an independent nation, because a nation without borders isn’t a nation.
- The next president will almost certainly be in office when the next recession hits. Given our national debt and unfunded liabilities, what we do during the next recession will be extremely important.
- The next president will almost certainly have to confront Iran, probably militarily. Thanks to Obama, it’s quite likely that he/she will have to confront an Iran with nuclear weapons and missiles to deliver them. Islamists are crazy people. Iran’s leaders are Islamists. Do I need to go any further? I hope not.
- The next president will have to contend with a disintegrating Europe. Great Britain has dropped out of the EU already. Germans are fleeing their country in droves. Germans who are leaving tend to be well-educated and highly-skilled. They are leaving for a reason. They don’t like what Germany is becoming. Germany is just one example. The same kind of thing is happening in every European country. Those who can see the writing on the wall are cashing in their chips and getting out of town, so to speak. There is a reason for that.
- The next president will have to stand up against a re-energized Russia under Vladimir Putin. He’s no pushover. His goals are becoming obvious. By aligning himself with Iran and Syria, he is positioning Russia to become the hegemon in the Middle East.
- The next president will have to confront the Chinese behemoth. Economically and militarily, China is ascending. Chinese leaders want to expand their country’s global footprint. That’s important. What we do in response matters a lot.
That’s not an exhaustive list of the issues that the next president will have to grapple with, and I didn’t include the most important issue. The next president will play a key role in determining what the world becomes. As believers, I trust that you understand what that means.
Based on things I have said, many of you may believe that I am anti-Democrat. You are right. I am anti-Democrat, but I am not pro-Republican. I am not a Republican, never have been and never will be. I used to be a Democrat, though. That’s why I know so much about them.
I’m not talking about ordinary Democrats. They are people who simply vote for Democrat candidates. Most people who vote for Democrats have no idea what the Democrat Party is all about. All they know is what they are told by candidates who are running for office, and those candidates will never tell them the truth. If they did, they couldn’t win an election, at least not now.
The Democrat Party is anti-Yahweh. Hillary Clinton and other Democrat hopefuls won’t say that. In fact, they will say just the opposite, but they are lying.
During the 2012 Democrat National Convention, Democrat delegates booed Yahweh. They did it for a reason. They don’t believe in Him, and they don’t think their political party or our nation should pay any attention to Him.
Why are those delegates important? It’s because they represent the real Democrat Party. They don’t just vote for Democrats. They determine who the candidates will be, and they support candidates who see the world the same way they do.
In an offhand remark, Barack Obama gave us a glimpse of what real Democrats think. He said, “And it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
That was in 2008. Obama was running for president. He was explaining why his message didn’t resonate with ordinary working-class voters. In a nutshell, he was saying that he thinks people who cling to “guns and religion” are ignorant people who don’t have a clue what’s going on around them. In Obama’s world, they are Neanderthals.
Hillary Clinton was talking about those same people when she called Trump supporters “irredeemable deplorables”. She went on to say that they are “Islamophobes, homophobes, you name it.”
Many of those Trump supporters, probably most of them, support him because they believe that Hillary Clinton wants to eradicate any influence that Christian people have on their government. From legalizing sodomy to protecting the “right” of women to murder their unborn children to Islamicizing our nation, Hillary thinks that Christians are standing in the way of “progress”.
In Hillary’s world, that’s what being a “progressive” means. Saying that her philosophy is anti-Yahweh is an understatement.
I believe that ordinary Democrat voters are supporting things that they don’t understand and wouldn’t support if they did.
You shouldn’t believe what Democrats say when they are trying to win your vote. As the recent WikiLeaks email dump revealed, real Democrats openly discuss what they will say on the stump and what they will say behind closed doors to their financial backers. They are not the same thing.
When Barack Obama ran for president in 2008, publicly he didn’t support same-sex marriage. In fact, he opposed it. When he became president, his true colors came shining through. Today, he’s not just a same-sex marriage supporter. He has elevated LBGTQ (lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender, queer) “rights” to the highest level of importance in his administration.
Why did he do that?
The reason is simple. He’s a Democrat, and Democrats want to remove Yahweh from the equation. As I said, Hillary Clinton is doing the same thing. That’s an important reason why I can’t support her.
Hillary is different, though. She’s a criminal. The things we know about her suggest that she should be in jail. That’s not a partisan political statement. It’s a statement of fact.
This election is about the extent to which we are willing to allow our government to turn its back on Yahweh. Already, we have reached the point where praying at public gatherings is wrong/illegal. Already, we have reached the point where the Ten Commandments can’t be displayed publicly. Already, we have reached the point where people who oppose importing unvetted Syrian immigrants and other would-be terrorists are seen as “Islamophobes”.
I could go on, but I shouldn’t need to. We are on a slippery slope that leads to a head-on collision with Yahweh. The Democrat Party is the standard bearer for all of those causes. That’s not a coincidence.
As I said, the Democrat Party is anti-Yahweh to the core, and it has been anti-Yahweh for a very long time. I can’t and I won’t support the Democrat Party or its candidates.
Donald Trump is far from perfect, but he’s not a Democrat. Just as important, he’s not a Republican. That’s why establishment Republicans never miss an opportunity to harpoon him.
This is the bottom line: with Donald Trump as president, I think we have a chance. With Hillary as president, we don’t.
Yahweh is merciful, kind, and loving, but His patience with us extends just so far. I think we are about to cross the line. If we elect Hillary, I think that will do it.
To see videos that explain the importance of God’s Name, click here.
“The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.” (John 17: 22-24)
See “His Name is Yahweh”.