“For from the rising of the sun even to its setting, My Name will be great among the Gentiles, and in every place incense is going to be offered to My Name, and a grain offering that is pure; for My Name will be great among the Gentiles,” says Yahweh Sabaoth. (Malachi 1: 11)
What about the stock market?
I’ll begin this editorial by saying that I am not a financial advisor or a professional stock market analyst. I am a retired university professor who taught strategy and leadership for 25 years. I still follow the markets closely, and I invest.
That said, the market is experiencing wild gyrations. So-called “experts” are telling us that it’s just a market correction—a natural occurrence in growing markets. I think they are wrong.
I’ll explain why briefly:
- China has been growing about 9%-11% annually for many years.
- Commodities producers globally have geared up to meet Chinese demand.
- Commodities are the things that go into building a country/market: things like concrete, cement, steel, asphalt, etc., etc., etc.
- China’s growth rate has been cut in half or more. That means there is more than twice as much capacity in commodities as there is demand.
- That capacity was built with a high percentage of debt. Running at half capacity or less is below breakeven. That means commodities producers are in trouble, and so are the banks and private investors who loaned them money.
- Many commodities producers are approaching default.
- Oil and gas are commodities, too. The problem that I just described for commodities in general applies to oil and gas as well. But there is a huge difference with oil and gas. Investments in those two areas are enormous. They dwarf investments in other commodities.
- Oil prices have fallen sharply already, but they can fall a lot more. If they do, and I think they will, oil and gas producers will be in danger of defaulting. Many of them are teetering on the brink right now. Another sharp drop in oil and gas prices may be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.
This is the bottom line: I don’t think this is just a market correction. I think we are in for a really rough ride. Between now and mid-October, I would be extremely careful. It may take longer than that to play out, so don’t get anxious.
If what I think will happen actually happens, the housing bubble bursting in 2008 will look like a hiccup.
The website is not very long, but it’s loaded with factual information that proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Yahweh is our Savior and that the Messiah is Yahweh.
I hope you will take a few minutes and explore the website. I also hope you will share it with your friends and family.
It’s time for believers to tell the world about our God by His Name—Yahweh.
VATICAN CITY – Pope Francis is applying his vision of a merciful church to women who have had abortions, saying Tuesday he realizes some feel they had no choice and making their path toward forgiveness simpler.
In a letter published by the Holy See, Francis said he was allowing all rank-and-file priests to grant absolution during the Year of Mercy he has proclaimed, which runs Dec. 8, 2015 until Nov. 20, 2016.
The church views abortion as such a grave sin that it put the matter of granting forgiveness for an abortion in the hands of a bishop, who could either hear the woman’s confession himself or delegate that to a priest who is expert in such situations.
Essentially Francis has made it possible for women to bypass this formalized process in the approaching special Year of Mercy while putting the stress on “contrite” hearts.
In a statement after the pope’s letter, the Vatican made clear that “forgiveness of the sin of abortion does not condone abortion nor minimize its grave effects. The newness is clearly Pope Francis’ pastoral approach.”
SnyderTalk Comment: The pope has decided that “rank-and-file priests” can grant absolution for abortions. Problem is only One Person can forgive sins. His Name is Yahweh.
The pope is just talking. That’s something he’s prone to do.
Yahweh is merciful. He will forgive us if we ask Him, but he expects something in return—faith. Saving faith (i.e., faith with legs) results in obedience.
There can be no forgiveness without faith in Yahweh and a desire to obey Him. The pope and “rank-and-file priests” are irrelevant. Actually, most of the time, they are worse than irrelevant. They hinder progress.
No one can stand in Yahweh’s place. Not the pope, not priests, not anybody.
All of us have sinned. We all need a Savior/Redeemer. Yahweh is that Person.
If anyone wants forgiveness, ask Yahweh, have faith in Him, and obey Him. Pray to Yahweh and look for the leading of His Spirit. Follow Him. That’s essential, and that’s what He said.
When Yahweh forgives, He doesn’t just forgive us for committing a sin or the sin that we have in mind. When we ask Him for forgiveness and ask Him to become our Savior/Redeemer, He forgives us totally, completely, and absolutely. When He does that, it’s the same as though we never sinned at all. Using His words, He makes us “as white as snow”.
But again there is a caveat: forgiveness and salvation go hand-in-hand. You can’t get forgiveness and salvation without faith and obedience. That means we have to change our ways.
I’ll take Yahweh’s word any day. The pope? I’ll be kind. He’s not Yahweh.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “add me to your distribution list” in the subject line. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
- God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘Yahweh, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This [Yahweh] is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.” (Exodus 3: 15)
- “Therefore behold, I am going to make them know—this time I will make them know My power and My might; and they shall know that My name is Yahweh.” (Jeremiah 16: 21)
- “Behold, the days are coming,” declares Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely; and this is His name by which He will be called, ‘Yahweh our righteousness.’” (Jeremiah 23: 5-6)
- Yeshua said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” (John 8: 58)
Blessings in the Book of Revelation is a book that you need to read, especially now. There are blessings throughout the Scriptures but Revelation is the only book in the Bible actually containing a specific blessing for reading it. It’s repeated twice, once at the beginning and again at the end. This is the reason that I believe Revelation should be the first step toward studying biblical prophecy. Though not easy to do, Revelation can be broken down and understood by anyone, not just the academic elite. So, Revelation’s blessings are for everyone. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
Other Books by Neil Snyder
- Stand! is a suspense novel that exposes the lies, corruption, and greed underlying the theory that man-made CO2 emissions are responsible for global warming. Professor Wes Carlyle and Karen Sterling, his research collaborator, carefully scan the audience for their would-be attacker—a member of the enviro-gestapo who has been following them for days. Wes spots his man in the back of the room leaning against the wall. Suddenly, another man in the audience steps forward and moves toward Karen at a menacing pace. With a vicious stroke, he swings a billy club at her head. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- What Will You Do with the Rest of Your Life? deals with a question that every Christian has to consider: what should I do with my life? Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- Falsely Accused is a true story about a young woman who was accused of committing a double homicide. It’s about a travesty of justice, and it reveals Yahweh intervening in the life of a believer to rescue her from danger in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. Everyone will enjoy the book, but young people in particular need to read it because the mistakes made that led to the problem could have been avoided. They were the kinds of mistakes that young people are prone to make. As they say, forewarned is forearmed. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
See “His Name is Yahweh”.