A Picture of the Temple Mount Taken from the Top of the Mount of Olives
For the benefit of SnyderTalk readers, I want to make several factual statements that contradict conventional wisdom that is based on ignorance or hatred of Israel:
- People we call “Palestinians” today are in large measure descendants of a hodgepodge of unruly Arabs that none of the Arab nations wanted to absorb following Israel’s War of Independence in 1948, and for good reason. For instance, Palestinians who migrated to Jordan following Israel’s War of Independence created havoc for King Hussein, so he booted them out killing thousands of them in the process during Black September. Click here and here for details. “Palestinians” then fled to Lebanon and helped to foment the Lebanese Civil War which lasted for more than 15 years and cost untold more lives.
- The Romans changed the name of Israel to Palestine following the Bar Kochba rebellion in 135 B.C. Click here for details. They chose that name to insult Jewish people because the Philistines were Israel’s mortal enemies.
- Until 1948, anyone who lived in the country we call Israel today was regarded as a “Palestinian”, including Jewish people. Click here for details.
- The number of Jews forced out of Arab countries in 1948 was greater than the number of Arabs who chose to leave “Palestine” for what they thought would be a short time while the Arab nations “drove the Jews into the sea”. Since tiny Israel defeated the combined Arab armies, they found themselves homeless.
- Rather than absorb the “Palestinians” who were displaced by the War of Independence, the Arab nations opted instead to set up refugee camps for them. They did this to create squalid living conditions for “Palestinians” in hopes of garnering global support for an anti-Israel PR campaign. Click here for details. It’s worth noting that Israel absorbed more than 850,000 Jewish refugees from Arab countries following the War of Independence. Click here for details.
- Yasser Arafat (an Egyptian, click here for details) commandeered the name “Palestinian” in 1964 when he created the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO). Click here for details. The primary purpose of the PLO was and is to destroy Israel. Click here for details.
Back to SnyderTalk Homepage