Shalu shalom Yerushalayim: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. (Psalm 122: 6)
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would a newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “add me to your distribution list” in the subject line. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Scripture of the day:
Isaiah 43: 3-4—“For I am Yahweh your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place. Since you are precious in My sight, since you are honored and I love you, I will give other men in your place and other peoples in exchange for your life.”
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4: 6)
News Items of Interest:
- Abbas Says He “Can’t Allow Even One Concession”
- Abbas: No ‘historic compromise’ on Jerusalem, borders
- Abbas urges U.S. to step into settlement dispute
- Fidel Castro tells Ahmadinejad: Stop bashing the Jews
- Egypt FM: Palestinians could get $50 billion in compensation under peace deal
- Palestinian Authority arrests 2 in connection with West Bank shooting attack
- Christians unite in Israel for mass baptism
- Egypt FM ‘worried’ by Israel’s demand to be recognized as Jewish state
- Jordan and Syria call for Israeli withdrawal from all Arab lands
- The PA’s Mixed Messages about Peace Talks
- Netanyahu tells Israeli public: No guarantee peace talks will succeed
- Middle East Peace Talks, and the Problem of Land
- Israeli Defense Minister Lobbies Moscow to Stop Arms Sales to Iran and Syria
- Israel Will Respond If the World Confronts Hamas
- Arab Organization for Human Rights in London Supports Hamas Against the PA
- Palestinians set their sights on all of Jerusalem
- EU Official Apologizes after Blaming Jews for Blocking Mideast Peace Talks
- Will Brussels Boycott De Gucht?
- Russia, Israel Join to Fight Terror and Nuclear Proliferation
- Russian Servicemen “Mastering” Use of Israeli Drones
- Anti-Israel Hackers Target UK by Mistake
- Gaza City Riding Club Is Booming
- Israelis flock to Sinai despite terror warnings
- Egypt seizes anti-aircraft weapons bound for Gaza
- Israeli probe finds Austrian billionaire behind illicit money transfer to Sharon family
- Ben Gurion Airport employees declare peak season strike
- Video: Obama’s Rosh Hashanah message: Seize year of opportunity for Middle East peace
- Video: Airstrike in Gaza hits tunnel
- Video: Volcano erupts in Indonesia
- Video: Hawking: ‘Science Makes God Unnecessary’
- Video: Church proposes to burn Qur’an
- Video: Outrage Over Pastor’s Plan to Burn Quran
- Video: Patraeus: Quran burning may spark violence
- Video: America Overreacting to 9/11?
- Video: Terror Bankrolling Ground Zero Mosque?
- Video: van der Sloot confesses to extorting Holloways
- Video: Colo. fire destroys homes, triggers evacuations
- Video: Colorado fire officials plan attack on flames
- Video: Tropical Storm Hermine soaks South Texas
- Video: Ga. Deputies rescue man from burning car
- Video: Russian MiG Shooting Down an Israeli-Made UAV in Georgia in 2008
- Tony Blair: Radical Islam Is World’s Greatest Threat
“Mr. Blair said radical Islamists believed that whatever was done in the name of their cause was justified—including the use of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons.”
“The former prime minister argues the West has become too imbued with doubt and lacking in mission. On repairing the economy, combating Islamic extremism and restoring purpose.”
- Boaz Ganor: Terrorism in the Middle East—Will the renewal of direct negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians result in a wave of terror attacks?
“We should not be misled by the official Israeli and Palestinian spokesmen – Nobody involved in the renewed direct negotiations is really interested in holding them.”
- Jeff Jacoby: Victims on the road to ‘peace’
“In Hamas-controlled Gaza, the bloodshed was celebrated; the news was broadcast from loudspeakers and there was a ‘victory’ rally in the Jebaliya refugee camp. The Palestinian Authority, headed by Fatah’s Mahmoud Abbas, issued a tepid statement condemning the Hamas ‘operation’—not because the slaughter of innocent civilians is a brutal atrocity, but merely on the tactical grounds that it ‘contradicts Palestinian interests’ by making it more difficult for ‘the Palestinian leadership to garner international support.’”
“As someone interested in the non-political aspects of the Ground Zero Mosque (business plan, zoning, financing, etc) I’m reaching the conclusion that what’s most important is not to oppose or support construction of the mosque but to understand it. In other words, there can be people who passionately favor this project but who can still learn a lot from the whole affair.”
- Tom Purcell: Doing what Osama can’t
“I do know it hasn’t been 10 years since 9/11—and look at the mess we’ve created. If we don’t get beyond this Democrat-Republican bickering—if we don’t come together as Americans to resolve our problems—a real world of hurt lies ahead.”
- Arnold Ahlert: Irresponsible Dems, Incomprehensible Bills
“If the law is unknowable, so is the extent of the power the state may wield to enforce it.”
“One unbridgeable divide between left and right is how each views alternatives to present-day America. Those on the left imagine an ideal society that has never existed, and therefore seek to ‘fundamentally transform’ America. When liberals imagine an America fundamentally transformed, they envision it becoming a nearly utopian society in which there is no greed, no racism, no sexism, no inequality, no poverty and ultimately no unhappiness.”
- Anne Applebaum: In Europe, it’s no longer East vs. West
“We aren’t quite there yet: Europe, led by the Germans, did rescue the Greek economy this year, while demanding massive structural and budgetary changes in exchange for a massive injection of money. But the rescue was not carried out in the name of European solidarity or because the new North feels any responsibility for the new South. It was undertaken grudgingly, reluctantly, on behalf of banks that owned too many Greek bonds. And here is a prediction about such rescues: It won’t happen again.”
- Dave Weinbaum: Official 2010 Dem campaign song: ‘IT WASN’T ME!’
“Notice how Dems are running away from Obama, Pelosi, Reid, et al? Reid’s son, Rory, a Dem candidate for Governor of Nevada, not only won’t mention his party, but has forgotten his last name was “Reid,” at least in his ads.”
- Wesley Pruden: Stealing the strategy to save Nancy Pelosi
“Nancy Pelosi, watching her prospects for continuing as speaker of the House slipping steadily away, cries for somebody to do something, anything. For starters, she’s demanding that Democratic incumbents in safe districts (if any) more or less suspend their own campaigns and send their money to colleagues doomed to having to go home to find real jobs.”
- Thomas Sowell: Political Fables
“President Barack Obama boldly proclaims, ‘The buck stops here!’ But, whenever his policies are criticized, he acts as if the buck stopped with George W. Bush.”
- Cal Thomas: What Revival Looks Like
“What would a genuine revival look like and how did those that have transformed America several times in the past get started? Earlier revivals were not created from the mobilization of large crowds. They occurred when people did something infrequently observed in modern times: humbled themselves.”
- John Hawkins: 25 Reasons to Send the Democrats Packing in November
“1) Remember the stimulus bill? Republicans strongly opposed it and said it wouldn’t work. Democrats said it would revive the economy and keep unemployment under 8 percent. So, what happened? Democrats shoved through a bill that cost $1.1 trillion when you add in the interest. It cost more than the Marshall Plan, the Louisiana Purchase, and putting a man on the moon—combined. The result? The economy didn’t take off, the unemployment rate is still at 9.6 percent, and Democrats are calling for…you guessed it, another stimulus bill.”
- Bill Murchison: The End of Affirmative Action
“It’s a premise very 20th-century American in its origins — and completely nutty in its implications. Affirmative action in electoral politics makes no more sense than it makes on the factory floor or in the corporate office. The content of one’s character, as Martin Luther King Jr. is celebrated for having said, should be what counts. Indeed, it was to embrace this truth that Americans knocked down at last the segregative walls that had divided the citizenry. Show us what you can do, was supposed to become the operative injunction directed at job-seekers and political candidates.”
“White House officials insist these are serious policy initiatives that are not being put forth just so Obama can say he’s doing something about the economy. But that leads to the question: If these are such great ideas, why wasn’t the president pushing them earlier?”
- Michael Barone: Barney Frank’s response to my column
“The 2009 stimulus package is so unpopular that Democrats have banned the word from their campaign vocabulary. ‘I’m not supposed to call it stimulus,’ Rep. Barney Frank told the Daily Show’s Jon Stewart. ‘The message experts in Washington have told us that we’re supposed to call it the recovery plan.’”
“The floods that have left more than 20 million Pakistanis destitute have also left the ground fertile for Islamic extremists who are hoping to use the crisis to create more recruits for their struggle against the government of President Asif Ali Zardari, Pakistan’s ambassador to the United States Husain Haqqani told The Washington Examiner.”
“The New York Times reports First Lady Michelle Obama’s aides cautioned against her going on the early August European vacation in which she stayed at a 5-star resort in Spain and mingled with royalty. The lavish trip, the aides reportedly argued, could result in harm to her image.”
- Glenn Harlan Reynolds: Who is responsible for Warmabomber’s agenda?
“Lee was a nut, an eco-freak who said he was inspired by Al Gore’s environmental scare-documentary, ‘An Inconvenient Truth.’ His badly written ‘manifesto’ underscores his craziness. He hated ‘filthy human babies.’”
- Rabbi Ahron Lopiansky: Rosh Hashana: Why Judgment Day?
“Although Rosh Hashana is correctly translated as ‘the beginning of the year,’ this term is nowhere to be found in the Torah. Only the Talmud refers to it as such. Even the prayers, whose earliest source stems from the Talmudic era, don’t refer to it as Rosh Hashana, but rather as ‘Yom Hazikaron’—a day of remembrance.”
In Israel, many orthodox Jews have no clue what Yahweh said about the Promised Land.
In Israel, many orthodox Jews have no clue what Yahweh said about the Promised Land, or if they know, they don’t seem to care. They should pick up the Tanach and at least flip through the pages. Do they realize that “Palestine” is the anglicized form of the word Roman’s coined to humiliate the Jewish people following the failure of the Bar Kochba Rebellion in 136 A.D.? Palestine alludes to Israel’s bitter enemy—the Philistines. The people in this video could read about the Philistines in the Tanach if they weren’t so busy celebrating “Palestine”. Paul described them perfectly. “Professing to be wise, they became fools….” (Romans 1: 22)
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- Iran on Brink of Nuclear Weapon, UN Watchdog Warns
- UN Report Says Iran Is Stockpiling Enriched Uranium
- Text of IAEA Report on Iran
- Russian FM tells Iran to cooperate with IAEA
- EU: Plans to stone Iranian woman for adultery ‘barbaric’
- Police raid largest neo-Nazi group in Germany
- Algerian men put to justice for breaking the Ramadan fast
- Syria’s Solidarity with Islamists Ends at Home
- IAEA: Syria Still Stonewalling in Nuclear Probe
- U.S. says not considering NATO Afghan troop request
- Car bomb kills 20 in Pakistan after Taliban threat
- U.S. team to discuss N.Korea in Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing
- Blast rips through Mexico oil refinery, kills one
- Ten million without shelter in Pakistan floods: UN
- Rasmussen Report: Generic Congressional Ballot: Republicans 48%, Democrats 36%
- Doctor’s four-state abortion business under investigation
- Dems Plan Political Triage to Retain House
- US church to go ahead with Sept. 11 Quran burning
- Pressure mounts in U.S. against Koran-burning plan
- Grim outlook for Democrats puts House up for grabs
- AP sources: Former FBI man implicated in CIA abuse
- CO firefighters to step up attack on Boulder blaze
- Chicago Mayor Daley won’t run for re-election
- Congress Republicans wary of Obama economy plan
- Call for Sept 11 truce over New York Muslim center
- Imam behind NYC mosque back in US after Gulf trip
- Hermine lashes south Texas, 3 other storms possible
- Microbes munch oil, haven’t robbed Gulf of oxygen
- Feds: Army base gunman threatened to kill Obama
- Pharmacy heists are up amid popularity of Rx drugs
- WTC steel column installed at 9/11 museum
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org