“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Websites you need to see:
- Friends of the Israel Defense Forces
- Israel: About Israel, The Israel Project, Tourist Information, the Holocaust, Israel map, Israel’s War of Independence, the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War, the First Intifada, the Second Intifada, Arab-Israel conflict, and anti-Semitism
- The Temple Institute
- Video: The Aaronic Blessing—This is a beautiful video rendition of The Aaronic Blessing (Numbers 6: 24-26) in Hebrew and English, but notice that the title Adonai is used instead of the Name Yahweh. That is in keeping with a Jewish tradition that dates back to the mid-second century B.C., but you can be certain about this fact. Yahweh’s Name is essential to The Aaronic Blessing and should be there.
- Video: He is Yahweh
Scripture Quote of the Day:
Isaiah 11: 1-5—“Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, and a branch from his roots will bear fruit. The Spirit of Yahweh will rest on Him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and strength, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of Yahweh. And He will delight in the fear of Yahweh, and He will not judge by what His eyes see, nor make a decision by what His ears hear; but with righteousness He will judge the poor, and decide with fairness for the afflicted of the earth; and He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked. Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins, and faithfulness the belt about His waist.”
Currently, I am putting up bite sized pieces of His Name is Yahweh in SnyderTalk Commentary. If you haven’t read it, it will be a treat for you. If you have read it, you will probably enjoy reading it again. Don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. You can download the entire manuscript for free at His Name is Yahweh, or you can buy it in Kindle format from Amazon for just $5.
I have left out several footnotes. Please go to the website His Name is Yahweh and download the manuscript. It has all the footnotes, and it’s free.
The Messiah is Called “Mighty God” and “Eternal Father”
Before we leave this topic, consider two additional passages of Scripture to support the argument that the Messiah and Yahweh are One. First, take another look at Isaiah 9: 6-7—“For a Child will be born to us, a Son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His Name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from then on and forevermore. The zeal of Yahweh Sabaoth will accomplish this.”
The Child referred to in this passage is the Messiah, and two of His Names are “Mighty God” and “Eternal Father.” Now ask yourself this question. What Person mentioned in the Bible did Yahweh ever refer to as “Mighty God” or “Eternal Father?” The answer is only One Person—Himself. Therefore, the Messiah is Yahweh!
Second, look at Jeremiah 23: 5-6. I referred to this passage of Scripture before, but I need to do it again here: “Behold, the days are coming, declares Yahweh, when I shall raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely; and this is His Name by which He will be called, Yahweh our Righteousness.”
David’s righteous Branch is the Messiah, and His Name is Yahweh Tsidkenu—or Yahweh our Righteousness. The Midrash accepts this fact without reservation or qualification: “What is the name of the King Messiah? Rabbi Abba, son of Kahana, said: Jehovah (Yahweh); for it is written, ‘This is his name whereby he shall be called, the Lord our Righteousness.’” (Midrash on Lamentations 1: 16)
If you still have doubts about whether the Messiah is Yahweh, you need to remember what Yahweh’s Word says about Abraham: “Then he (Abraham) believed in Yahweh; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.” (Genesis 15: 6)
God’s ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so are His ways higher than our ways and His thoughts higher than our thoughts. We must simply have faith in Yahweh and believe His Word. His Word is incredibly clear. The Messiah is Yahweh. They are One!
News Items of Interest:
- Peres: Israel should ‘pay any price’ for Gilad Shalit
- IAF helicopters fire at two armed Palestinians on Gaza border
- A third intifada would work wonders for Israel’s battered image
- Palestinian aspirations are clear, but what does Israel want?
- Pope’s preacher apologizes for anti-Semitism comparison
- Sarkozy told: Fresh Israel-Syria talks unlikely
- Ahmadinejad mocks U.S., vows to strengthen Iran nuclear program
- Immigration to Israel from North America up by 20% in 2010
- House plans to resurrect law requiring ‘gay’ hires
- Note to Doctors: Now I’m “Entitled” To Your Services
- Obama’s ‘Unilateral Disarmament’ is Neither
- Baghdad suicide blasts target embassies; 32 dead
- Pope hailed as ‘unfailing’ leader at Easter Mass
- Pope’s immunity could be challenged in Britain
- Levada brought back accused priest with conditions
- Justice Stevens to leave while Obama in office
- Afghan leader meets US commander amid tensions
- Pakistan troops repulse attacks, “kill 40 militants”
- Iran to host nuclear disarmament conference
- Hymns and electric guitars: Jerusalem marks Easter
- Christian pilgrims mark Easter in Jerusalem
- Dissident Iranians take refuge in Turkey
- Karzai pledges consultation ahead of new offensive
- Blasts derail Russian train in Dagestan
- The Middle East’s Biggest Con-Game: Claiming Israel is the Cause of the Region’s Problems
- Turkish Islamist Regime Writes New Constitution To Guarantee Its Future Rule
Special Section on Climate Change:
SCIENCE EDITORIAL #10-2010 (April 3, 2010)
By S. Fred Singer, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project
There is now a desperate effort afoot by assorted climate alarmists to explain away the revelations of the incriminating e-mails leaked last year from the University of East Anglia (UAE). But the ongoing investigations so far have avoided the real problem, namely whether the reported warming is genuine or simply the manufactured result of manipulation of temperature data by scientists in England and the United States.
The latest report is by the British House of Commons’ Science and Technology Committee, which largely absolved Philip Jones, head of UEA’s Climate Research Unit and author of most of the e-mails. How can we tell that it’s a whitewash? Here are some telltale signs:
- It refers to the e-mails as “stolen”.
- It did not take direct testimony from scientifically competent skeptics.
- Yet it derives the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with the basic science and that warming is human caused—essentially endorsing the IPCC.
None of the investigations have gone into any detail on how the data might have been manipulated. But this is really the most important task for any investigation, since it deals directly with the central issue: Is there an appreciable human influence on climate change in the past decades?
Instead, much of the attention of newspapers, and of the public, has focused on secondary issues: the melting of Himalayan glaciers, the possible inundation of the Netherlands, deforestation of the Amazon, crop failures in Africa, etc. While these issues demonstrate the sloppiness of the IPCC process, they don’t tell anything about the cause of the warming: natural or anthropogenic.
So what do the e-mails really reveal? We know that Jones and his gang tried and largely succeeded in “hiding the decline” of temperature by using what he termed “Mike’s [Mann] Nature trick.” Most people think it refers to CRU tree ring data after 1960, which do show a decline in temperature. However, I believe that it refers to Michael Mann’s “trick” in hiding the fact that his multi-proxy data did not show the expected warming after 1979. So he abruptly cut off his analysis in 1979 and simply inserted the thermometer data supplied by Jones, which do claim a strong temperature increase. Hence the hockey-stick, suggesting a sudden major warming during the past century.
Only a through scientific investigation will be able to document that there was no strong warming after 1979, that the instrumented warming record is based on data manipulation, involving the selection of certain weather stations, [and the de-selection of others that showed no warming], plus applying insufficient corrections for local heating.
- A Superstorm for Global Warming Research
- Environmental ‘Crisis’ and Government Power
- America’s New Nuclear Option
- Christie Takes Down Global Warming Paranoia
- ‘Cap and Trade’ Loses Its Standing as Energy Policy of Choice
- NASA Data Worse Than Climate-Gate Data, Space Agency Admits
- End-phase of the Climate Wars?
- The mystery deepens: Where did that decline go?
- Public skepticism prompts Science Museum to rename climate exhibition
- ‘I’m not quitting’ says under-fire UN climate boss
- Rajendra Pachauri: Climate scientists face ‘new form of persecution’
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org