“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Websites you need to see:
- Friends of the Israel Defense Forces
- Israel: About Israel, The Israel Project, Tourist Information, the Holocaust, Israel map, Israel’s War of Independence, the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War, the First Intifada, the Second Intifada, Arab-Israel conflict, and anti-Semitism
- The Temple Institute
- Video: The Aaronic Blessing—This is a beautiful video rendition of The Aaronic Blessing (Numbers 6: 24-26) in Hebrew and English, but notice that the title Adonai is used instead of the Name Yahweh. That is in keeping with a Jewish tradition that dates back to the mid-second century B.C., but you can be certain about this fact. Yahweh’s Name is essential to The Aaronic Blessing and should be there.
- Video: He is Yahweh
Today I’ll show you where Yahweh’s Name appears in Luke 1. I’m skipping chapters because I’m addressing only chapters that should include the Name Yahweh.
- Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us,
- just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word,
- it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus;
- so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught.
- In the days of Herod, king of Judea, there was a priest named Zacharias, of the division of Abijah; and he had a wife from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.
- They were both righteous in the sight of God, walking blamelessly in all the commandments and requirements of Yahweh.
- But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren, and they were both advanced in years.
- Now it happened that while he was performing his priestly service before God in the appointed order of his division,
- according to the custom of the priestly office, he was chosen by lot to enter the temple of Yahweh and burn incense.
- And the whole multitude of the people were in prayer outside at the hour of the incense offering.
- And an angel of Yahweh appeared to him, standing to the right of the altar of incense.
- Zacharias was troubled when he saw the angel, and fear gripped him.
- But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John.
- “You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth.
- “For he will be great in the sight of Yahweh; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb.
- “And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to Yahweh their God.
- “It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for Yahweh.”
- Zacharias said to the angel, “How will I know this for certain? For I am an old man and my wife is advanced in years.”
- The angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.
- “And behold, you shall be silent and unable to speak until the day when these things take place, because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled in their proper time.”
- The people were waiting for Zacharias, and were wondering at his delay in the temple.
- But when he came out, he was unable to speak to them; and they realized that he had seen a vision in the temple; and he kept making signs to them, and remained mute.
- When the days of his priestly service were ended, he went back home.
- After these days Elizabeth his wife became pregnant, and she kept herself in seclusion for five months, saying,
- “This is the way Yahweh has dealt with me in the days when He looked with favor upon me, to take away my disgrace among men.”
- Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee called Nazareth,
- to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the descendants of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
- And coming in, he said to her, “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.”
- But she was very perplexed at this statement, and kept pondering what kind of salutation this was.
- The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God.
- “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.
- “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and Yahweh God will give Him the throne of His father David;
- and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”
- Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I am a virgin?”
- The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.
- “And behold, even your relative Elizabeth has also conceived a son in her old age; and she who was called barren is now in her sixth month.
- “For nothing will be impossible with God.”
- And Mary said, “Behold, the bondslave of Yahweh; may it be done to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
- Now at this time Mary arose and went in a hurry to the hill country, to a city of Judah,
- and entered the house of Zacharias and greeted Elizabeth.
- When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
- And she cried out with a loud voice and said, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!
- “And how has it happened to me, that the mother of my Lord would come to me?
- “For behold, when the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby leaped in my womb for joy.
- “And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by Yahweh.”
- And Mary said: “My soul exalts Yahweh,
- And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
- “For He has had regard for the humble state of His bondslave; for behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed.
- “For the Mighty One has done great things for me; and holy is His name.
- “AND HIS MERCY IS UPON GENERATION AFTER GENERATION TOWARD THOSE WHO FEAR HIM.
- “He has done mighty deeds with His arm; He has scattered those who were proud in the thoughts of their heart.
- “He has brought down rulers from their thrones, and has exalted those who were humble.
- “HE HAS FILLED THE HUNGRY WITH GOOD THINGS; and sent away the rich empty-handed.
- “He has given help to Israel His servant, in remembrance of His mercy,
- As He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and his descendants forever.”
- And Mary stayed with her about three months, and then returned to her home.
- Now the time had come for Elizabeth to give birth, and she gave birth to a son.
- Her neighbors and her relatives heard that the Lord had displayed His great mercy toward her; and they were rejoicing with her.
- And it happened that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child, and they were going to call him Zacharias, after his father.
- But his mother answered and said, “No indeed; but he shall be called John.”
- And they said to her, “There is no one among your relatives who is called by that name.”
- And they made signs to his father, as to what he wanted him called.
- And he asked for a tablet and wrote as follows, “His name is John.” And they were all astonished.
- And at once his mouth was opened and his tongue loosed, and he began to speak in praise of God.
- Fear came on all those living around them; and all these matters were being talked about in all the hill country of Judea.
- All who heard them kept them in mind, saying, “What then will this child turn out to be?” For the hand of Yahweh was certainly with him.
- And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying:
- “Blessed be Yahweh God of Israel, for He has visited us and accomplished redemption for His people,
- And has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of David His servant—
- As He spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets from of old—
- Salvation FROM OUR ENEMIES, and FROM THE HAND OF ALL WHO HATE US;
- To show mercy toward our fathers, and to remember His holy covenant,
- The oath which He swore to Abraham our father,
- To grant us that we, being rescued from the hand of our enemies, might serve Him without fear,
- In holiness and righteousness before Him all our days.
- “And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; for you will go on BEFORE YAHWEH TO PREPARE HIS WAYS;
- To give to His people the knowledge of salvation by the forgiveness of their sins,
- Because of the tender mercy of our God, with which the Sunrise from on high will visit us,
- TO SHINE UPON THOSE WHO SIT IN DARKNESS AND THE SHADOW OF DEATH, to guide our feet into the way of peace.”
- And the child continued to grow and to become strong in spirit, and he lived in the deserts until the day of his public appearance to Israel.
As you read Luke 1, think about how many times the Name Yahweh is used. When people ask you why Yahweh’s Name doesn’t appear in the New Testament, tell them, “Yahweh’s Name doesn’t appear in the New Testament because it was concealed.” You might even suggest that they read Ruach Qadim and the Aramaic English New Testament. If you haven’t read these books, you should. You’ll be glad you did. Hopefully, 2010 will bring a fresh awakening about the importance of Yahweh’s Name.
“Yahweh bless you and keep you; Yahweh make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; Yahweh turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6: 24-26)
News Items of Interest:
- Obama’s 2010 policy and Iran: misconceptions guarantee failure
- 2009 chickens and their 2010 roost
- Former Gitmo detainees help al Qaeda grow in Yemen
- Suicide bomber invited on base
- Obama summons intel chiefs for Washington talks
- Iranian authorities vow no mercy to opponents How about no mercy on the corrupt tyrants who are currently running Iran?
- Iran opposition leaders could be prosecuted for defying god There you have it. Now we know the corrupt tyrants who run Iran think they are gods.
- Iran’s soccer body sends Israeli team a New Year’s greeting
- Gaza militants fire Grad rocket into Netivot
- Abbas: Israel sabotages Palestinian achievements by killing us
- Washington and Israel not discussing Iran strike
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org