Welcome to SnyderTalk!
Yahweh is Amazing!
On April 2nd, I published an article in American Thinker titled “The American Sociological Association is Off its Rocker”. I think the issue that it addresses is important, but the article itself isn’t the subject that I want to deal with in this editorial. Another writer, Theodore Dawes, published an article in American Thinker on the same day dealing with the same topic but from a different perspective. The title of his article was “Conservatives and Science”. It’s not the focus of this editorial, either.
I liked Dawes’ article a lot. In fact, I could have written it and almost did. As April 2nd wore on, I found myself wishing that I had written the other piece. It’s similar to the things that I used to write while I taught at the University of Virginia full-time, and I’m comfortable critiquing academic work, but I chose another course. For some reason, my regret would not go away, and I woke up at 2:00 A.M. on April 3rd still wishing that I had written the other piece. Then I opened up my emails and read the email below. I’m leaving the sender’s name off, but the email is verbatim:
I just wanted to touch base, Professor Snyder, and thank you for the article you’ve written at American Thinker. I’m a conservative Christian from Montana who is currently doing a PhD in Organizational Behaviour (identity, leadership, multi-cultural processes) at INSEAD Business School in Fontainebleau, France. It is comforting to know that there are conservatives out there in academia who are not ashamed of their beliefs and who are willing to stand proud when surrounded by people who are less open-minded than they would presume to be. Keep standing, and keep the faith–your voice is appreciated.
INSEAD is one of the finest business schools in the world. Most people in the U.S. haven’t heard of it, but it’s one of the top two business schools in Europe and top five business schools in the world. It’s similar to Harvard and Stanford in this respect: INSEAD has a great executive development program. Business executives in Europe and Asia flock to INSEAD the same way that business executives in the U.S. like to gather at Harvard and Stanford to discuss important issues of the day. The Ph.D. program at INSEAD is top tier as well.
When I read that email, it was as though Yahweh was telling me that I had written exactly what I was supposed to write even if it wasn’t exactly what I wanted to write. In my article, I focused on standing up for what you believe in and know is true while the media and so-called “experts” are doing everything that they can think of to ridicule and put down people who have views like the ones that you hold dear. That’s the situation we face today, and the last paragraph in my article explains why I think standing up now is crucial:
More than anything else, the 2012 presidential election is about right vs. wrong, truth vs. lies, and science vs. pseudoscience. We know where the ASA stands. Do you know where you stand?
Yahweh is amazing! If we trust Him and follow Him, He can and will do amazing things through us. Even though we don’t understand all the details, He does. Yahweh has a plan, and we have a role to play in it. Will we do our part and become participants with Him in the completion of His mission, or will we go our own way even if it’s not consistent with Yahweh’s purpose? That’s the question that each one of us must answer.
I wish I could tell you that I’m always in sync with Yahweh, but I’m not. Truth is, I find myself getting out of sync with Him every day, and when I do, I pray about it. Sometimes I get an answer right away and other times the answer comes to me later, sometimes much later—after I’ve had time to think things through. But He always gives me an answer. Actually, I wrote a book about it—What Will You Do with the Rest of Your Life? If you haven’t read it, you should.
Yahweh is a wonderful Father! We can be proud of Him, and we should willingly do our part even if we don’t understand the details. That’s what He wants us to do.
To see other SnyderTalk editorials, click here.
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.”
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “add me to your distribution list” in the subject line. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Jeremiah 51: 4-7
“They will fall down slain in the land of the Chaldeans, and pierced through in their streets. For neither Israel nor Judah has been forsaken by his God, Yahweh Sabaoth, although their land is full of guilt before the Holy One of Israel. Flee from the midst of Babylon, and each of you save his life! Do not be destroyed in her punishment, for this is the Yahweh’s time of vengeance; He is going to render recompense to her. Babylon has been a golden cup in the hand of Yahweh, intoxicating all the earth. The nations have drunk of her wine; therefore the nations are going mad.”
- God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘Yahweh, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This [Yahweh] is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.” (Exodus 3: 15)
- “Therefore behold, I am going to make them know—this time I will make them know My power and My might; and they shall know that My name is Yahweh.” (Jeremiah 16: 21)
- “Behold, the days are coming,” declares Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely; and this is His name by which He will be called, ‘Yahweh our righteousness.’” (Jeremiah 23: 5-6)
Hosea 4: 6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Stand! is a suspense novel that exposes the lies, corruption, and greed underlying the theory that man-made CO2 emissions are responsible for global warming. Professor Wes Carlyle and Karen Sterling, his research collaborator, carefully scan the audience for their would-be attacker—a member of the enviro-gestapo who has been following them for days. Wes spots his man in the back of the room leaning against the wall. Suddenly, another man in the audience steps forward and moves toward Karen at a menacing pace. With a vicious stroke, he swings a billy club at her head. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
Top 5 diggtm articles yesterday:
- Porn Stars Against Santorum
- Planned Parenthood arsonist: They’re killing babies there
- Judge refuses to block anti-Obama Marine from discipline
- Abortion Protestors Harassing Child of Landlord Todd Stave
- Mitt Romney Doubles Down On Medicare Distortions
The Jerusalem Post:
- Israel Proposes Goals for Iran-West Talks
- Confrontation with Iran May Be Delayed to 2013
- Cabinet Ratifies Economic Agreement with China
- Syria Upgrading Military Capabilities
- Syrian tanks in action four days before pullout date
- Pollard rushed to emergency room
- ‘Israel should trust Obama to stop Iran nukes’
- Security on high alert ahead of Passover holiday
- Beijing steps up pressure to prevent strike on Iran
- MK brings in Pessah advocating Israel abroad
- ‘US not using press to torpedo Israeli Iran attack’
- Danon garners support for emergency Migron meeting
- ‘Israel-Loves-Iran’ campaign raises over $27,000
- Aliya criteria of Orthodox converts comes under fire
- Tunisians sentenced to jail for Mohammed slander
- Challenging Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood from the Inside
- ‘Obama signaled Khamenei that U.S. could accept civilian nuclear program in Iran’
- Israel places IDF forces on high alert ahead of Passover
- Iran has saved Bashar Assad (for now)
- China ups the pressure to prevent a strike on Iran’s nuclear facilities
- New York has Israeli cuisine figured out
- Challenging Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood from the inside
- Iran, Hezbollah significantly increase aid to Syria’s Assad
- Gaza’s Islamic Jihad: We are commited to cease-fire with Israel
- Britain’s Royal Air Force considering purchase of Israeli unmanned aerial vehicle
- IDF chief: Israel will reach all terrorists behind overseas attacks
- Shin Bet: Action against Jewish extremists has reduced attacks on Palestinians in West Bank
- Deputy state prosecutor tapped for top Israel police post
- Teens charged over thrill kill in Israeli city of Ramle
- State to allow export of 50% of gas reserves
- ‘Global effort can delay Iran threat for good many years’
- Just say ‘no’
- ‘We’re obligated to bring down the craziest man in the world’
- Iran, Hezbollah are ‘up to their necks’ in Syria, says Israeli general
- ‘Over 10 terror cells have been exposed in two months in Sinai’
- She did it her way
- WATCH: IDF chief of general staff’s Passover greeting
- CIA report: Iran expanded its nuclear activities in 2011
- Evacuated Hebron settlers pitch protest tent
- Netanyahu: Grass has no right to deny Israel’s right to defend itself
- Police seek closure of haredi news portal over extortion scandal
- Netanyahu fondly recalls sibling rivalry in 1972 rescue operation
- Israeli ‘elements’ reported to be arming South Sudan army
- Official says sanctions forcing Iran to pay attention to US demands
- White House downplays Muslim Brotherhood meeting with officials
- Arab performer sings her way into Israeli hearts
- Israel lauds Lithuanian effort to compensate Jewish community
- Next year in Jerusalem? Mayor aims to triple tourism in 10 years
- Learning from one rabbi’s legacy
- The place where it all began
- Obama’s anti-Israel ‘hot mic’ moment
- David Ignatius: Obama warns Iran
- Israeli settlement happened to be Jewish
- Government denies Israelis the right to natural gas
- Eight Arab kids indicted for murder of a Jew
- Passover Miracles? You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet!
- Top Salafi Candidate Disqualified in Egyptian Presidential Race, Seen as Boost for Muslim Brotherhood
- Syria Sends Helicopters Against Rebels
- UN Security Council to Syria: End Attacks
- Israel’s Iranian Jews grapple with possible strike on their homeland
What Will You Do with the Rest of Your Life? deals with a question that every Christian has to consider: what should I do with my life? Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- Job growth slows sharply in March
- Think JOBS Act Means Wild West Is Back? Think Again
- Real Estate Market to Bloom in 2Q?
- Asia stocks muted in holiday-thinned trading
- China’s financial system could face more reforms
- Equities fall as ECB liquidity shot wears off
- Gold Prices Gain as U.S. Employers Add Fewer Jobs Than Forecast
- Business And Civic Leaders Push Offshore Wind Bill
- One-fifth of US adults read an e-book in the last year
- Bank of Japan Seen Adding Stimulus on Nominee Rejection: Economy
- Power back on at SC nuclear plant after outage
- March unemployment 8.2%, economy added 121,000 jobs
- Clashes Erupt in Syria, Despite UN Warning
- Russian arms dealer sentenced to 25 years in prison in US
- President of Malawi dies after heart attack
- Egypt Brotherhood u-turn sets agenda for election
- Syria crisis: Turkey tells UN it may need refugee help
- Greek man: Why I set myself on fire
- Myanmar ruling party claims poll irregularities
- Sudan denies report that South Sudan downed its fighter jet
- Gaddafi son ‘attacked in custody’
- Bosnia remembers: Empty chairs laid out in Sarajevo in memory of 11541 killed
- AP Exclusive: Image analysis indicates NKorea rocket may be at site in …
- Pakistani militant rallies supporters, defying US bounty
- Doctored photo of Russian Orthodox Patriarch’s watch causes buzz in Russia
- Hunted for horns worth more than gold, South Africa’s rhinos face worst year …
- Global Warming wipes out all polar bears except the increasing number of them
- Greece to Germany: Only Nazis would give us billions with strings attached
- IRS Commissioner: Paying Taxes Is Pathway to Citizenship for Illegal Aliens
- Obama Administration Applauds Tax Cuts—In People’s Republic of China
- Hot Cross Buns With Islamic ‘Halal’ Symbol Spark Debate
- White House: Meeting with Muslim Brotherhood Reflects Egypt’s New Reality
- Interest on Federal Debt Hit $104B in First Half of FY2012—Despite Low Interest Rates
- Geithner: U.S. Fiscal Situation ‘Unsustainable’–But We Can’t ‘Just Cut Things’
- White House: Obama’s Observation About Supreme Court Was ‘Unremarkable’
- Keith Olbermann Files a No-Holds-Barred Lawsuit Over Firing by Current TV
- Resentment lingers in Pa. after Santorum’s loss
- Calif. pot school founder calling it quits
- Marine sergeant who slammed Obama will ‘keep fighting’
- Obama’s female forum: Just in time for campaign?
- DOJ Reaffirms Court’s Power To Review Health Law Case But Urges Caution
- Detroit teenager left series of disturbing notes on Facebook before double …
- 2 Marines detained in Redondo Beach; explosives allegedly found
- Romney looks for winning combo in narrowing VP field
- Gingrich marches on — as fewer pay attention
- Charles Manson has not been a model prisoner
- Your tax dollars at work, buying GSA staff shrimp for $4 each
- Shrewsbury man charged in “gruesome” murder of wife in home
- It’s looking more and more like Robert ‘we’re going to let you die’ Reich was right
- Holder sends letter to Fifth Circuit: Courts are supposed to presume that laws are constitutional, you know
- DOJ, liberal groups that oppose voter ID require photo ID to enter their buildings
- Nikki Haley echoes Sarah Palin: Allen West would be a “good” VP candidate
- Caroline B. Glick: The eternal liberation movement
- Examiner Editorial: Obama’s budget, not Ryan’s, is ‘antithetical’ to history
- John Hawkins: Why shouldn’t Mexico compensate us for illegal aliens?
- Harvard Health Letters: What to do about high triglycerides
- Greg Crosby: Half of Us Support the Other Half
- Dana Milbank: Mitt Romney, talking to the press, keeps the press at a distance
- Roger Simon: ‘Mah-velous’Mitt vs. ‘Out of Touch’ Obama
- Michelle Malkin: Marion Barry and the Left’s Hatred of Asian Entrepreneurs
- Brent Bozell: MTV’s ‘Savage’ Schoolyard
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama Energy Policy: Very Few of the Above
- David Limbaugh: Obama Has It Backward; Striking Down Obamacare Would Protect Our Republic
- John Hawkins: Five Ways that Barack Obama has Decimated the American Economy
- Mona Charen: Why Not Junk the Nobel Peace Prizes?
- Scott Rasmussen: And They Wonder Why Voters Are Angry
- Ken Blackwell: Mr. President: ‘Take Care!’
- Suzanne Fields: Mitt Romney’s Rocking Advocate
- Linda Chavez: Americans by Any Name
- Donald Lambro: Obama’s Attack on Republicans Was Unmitigated Gall
- Daniel J. Mitchell: Barbara Boxer Looks to Restrict Travel from US Over Taxes
- Michael F. Cannon: That’s Not a Limiting Principle, Noah Feldman Edition
- Ed Feulner: A Whispering Campaign
- Bob Beauprez: Inspector General Says Solyndra “Rushed”
- Michael Whatley: Are We Really Helpless When it Comes to Gas Prices?
- Stewart Scott: Inside the Toulouse Shootings
- Mike Shedlock: Massachusetts Health Care System: A Model for Failure
- Jeff Carter: The Stimulus and Fear
- Tad DeHaven: Postal Problems: the Role of Government Micromanagement
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama v. SCOTUS
- Michael Gerson: Winning the war against malaria
Blessings in the Book of Revelation is a book that you need to read, especially now. There are blessings throughout the Scriptures but Revelation is the only book in the Bible actually containing a specific blessing for reading it. It’s repeated twice, once at the beginning and again at the end. This is the reason that I believe Revelation should be the first step toward studying biblical prophecy. Though not easy to do, Revelation can be broken down and understood by anyone, not just the academic elite. So, Revelation’s blessings are for everyone. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- A ‘war on women’ or a battle for their votes?
- Romney uses rule to cloak wealth
- Deadlock over debt appears to keep two sides from moving toward solution
- GSA manager wanted to spend $823K for an ‘over the top’ Vegas conference
- Marion Barry, chided, backs off remarks on Asians’ ‘dirty shops’
- Politics soured a $14 billion bet on LightSquared, cellular investor says
- U.S. Coast Guard sinks ghost ship
- Military board recommends Marine’s dismissal
- UAE detains staff of U.S. pro-democracy group
- Mali’s Tuareg rebels declare independence
- Holder agrees courts can strike down federal laws
- Former CIA officer indicted in leaks case
- Porsche, creator of the classic 911, dies
Falsely Accused is a true story about a young woman who was accused of committing a double homicide. It’s about a travesty of justice, and it reveals Yahweh intervening in the life of a believer to rescue her from danger in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. Everyone will enjoy the book, but young people in particular need to read it because the mistakes made that led to the problem could have been avoided. They were the kinds of mistakes that young people are prone to make. As they say, forewarned is forearmed. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- What Happened to Black Pride?
- Mitt Romney, Antihero
- The Rebirth of Birthers?
- Paul Krugman Proves He Doesn’t Understand Scarcity
- Paul Krugman’s History Problem
- Partners in Crime
- Child’s Play: Antisemitic Board Games
- Green Energy Fuzzy Math
- Santorum huddles with supporters while Rubio urges him to quit
- Egypt: Christian Teenager Imprisoned for ‘Blasphemy’
- NY Times’ obsession with settlements
- Faces of Palestine
- The Muslim Brotherhood’s Charm Offensive in Washington
- Taking Back America
- The New York Times’ Charlie Brown
- One Feminist Condemns Another’s Military Empowerment
- The Christian Era in the Middle East Is Over
- Obama Master of Political Deceit
- Courtroom Terror
- Arabs Uniting Again Against Israel
- Marion Barry and the Left’s Hatred of Asian Entrepreneurs
- The Islamist Takeover Of Mali
- Morning Jay: A Sorry Spectacle
- Obama Praised GSA Administrator’s Work Culture in 2010
- McMahon, Shays Trade Barbs Over Spending
- Dempsey and Ryan, Strategy and Budgets, cont.
- Jindal Reforms Education in Louisiana
- Mitch’s Mistake
- Former White House Economist Admits ‘Clean Energy’ Firms Don’t Create Many Jobs (Updated)
- Obama’s Budget: ‘Interest Payments Will Exceed Defense Budget’ in 2019
- Will Obama Defend Freedom in the Americas?
- Christie Plans for Romney-Christie Administration to Take on Enemies in Syria, Lebanon?
- Beating the Tin Drum Against Israel
- GOP Senate Candidate Mack Calls House Budget a ‘Joke’
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- The Lady of all landslides
- The Lady of all landslides?
- The Yangon spring
- Frail links in Myanmar’s reforms
- The general and the Lady
- Change in Myanmar: Follow my lead
- Syrian refugees spill into Turkey
- Assad ‘cannot survive for long’
- Malawi President Mutharika ‘dead’
- Russia furious over Bout sentence
- Profile: Viktor Bout
- Swordsman kills four in Hungary
- Bosnia marks anniversary of war
- ‘Smuggling kingpin’ Lai on trial
- Three Cups of Tea author to repay $1m
- Mali rebels declare independence
- Peru rebels ‘beaten in key region’
- Samsung expects profits to double
- Buenos Aires hit by deadly storm
- Iconic Porsche 911 designer dies
- Gaddafi son’s atrocity: Failing to license camels?
- Torn in two: Tuaregs declare independence from Mali
- Bout sentence ‘unacceptable, politically motivated’ – Russia
- Beyond ICC jurisdiction? Saif al-Islam stuck in Libya, ‘assaulted’ in detention
- Tons of radioactive water spill from Fukushima nuclear plant
- Muslim Brotherhood US charm offensive belies domestic reality
- Chinese officials inhale bribes?
- Anonymous attacks China, govt websites hacked
- Alleged smuggling kingpin Lai Changxing stands trial
- Chinese freighter hijacked by pirates near Gulf
- Russia: U.S. sentence biased, politically motivated
- Russian arms dealer jailed for 25 years
- Int’l peace efforts closely watched in Syria
- French nuclear reactor shuts down due to fire alert
- “No higher priority” than ending Syrian bloodshed: Ban
- China ready for SME private placement bonds
- Book Review: Fast and Furious, Barack Obama’s Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up
- Obama: Don’t Make Me Clean Up Your Mess Again
- Finally, Relief for Wrongly Prosecuted Pro-Lifer
- Tomorrow Belongs to Me
- Face It: Liberals Just Aren’t Very Funny
- Al Gore’s Ill-Conceived Assault on Cable
- Arlen Specter: a Sty in the Public Eye
- Why is the Political Situation so Bleak? Because the Elite Fears Being Unfashionable More Than Being Wrong
- Obama v. SCOTUS
- Defending Fiscal Insanity
- Mitt’s Keystone State
- Very Few of the Above
- Why a Constitution?
- What Do Women Want?
- Passover Rhapsody – A Jewish Rock Opera
- ‘Merchant of death’ jailed for 25 years
- ‘All for nothing’ – Bosnian war at 20
- Is malaria becoming untreatable?
- One-minute World News
“The scales at my doctor’s office said I weighed 201 when I began drinking the B-Skinny coffee. Today, four weeks later, my scales said I weigh 188. I love this stuff.” Pat Parks
- Take the B-Fit with the Boresha 90-Day B-Fit Challenge
- NuvoGene Tea Now Available!
- Chocolate Crème Protein Shake
- Sweet Berry Meal Replacement Shake
- Should U.S. Shoot Down N. Korean Missile?
- Gunter Grass, Iran and Anti-Semitism
- The Future of Defense Spending
- Trayvon Martin Case Highlights Why Americans Distrust Media
- Thug Democracy on Display in Wisconsin
- Obama Not Even Creative in His Deceit
- Democrats Outdo Themselves on Fake “War on Women”
- Gingrich, Santorum Now Mostly a Sideshow
- Another Unforced Obama Error on Egypt
- Desperate Times…A Unity Ticket?
- CIA: Iran Expands Program But No Nukes?
- Will the Media Be More Fair in ’12 Election?
- How Invested Is Russia in Assad’s Survival?
- The President’s Abysmal Record
- Romney Takes the Lead in Pennsylvania
If You Voted for Obama in 2008 to Prove You’re Not a Racist, You Need to Vote for Someone Else in 2012 to Prove You’re Not an Idiot explains why voters in the United States need to elect someone besides Barack Obama to lead them. Whoever is elected President of the United States in 2012 will have to contend with the monumental problems that Obama’s misguided policies have caused both at home and abroad. One thing is certain, though. It should not be Barack Obama. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.