The Dead Sea
Make SnyderTalk® Your Go To Place and Consider Making It Your Homepage
It’s better than a newspaper and it’s free so share it with your friends.
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” Thomas Jefferson
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when a new SnyderTalk has been posted. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site. Eventually, this may be unnecessary, but for the time being it seems to be an effective way to distribute information.
For Your Information and Enjoyment
Debt Clock: The Debt Clock
Israel: About Israel, The Israel Project, Tourist Information, the Holocaust, Israel map, Israel’s War of Independence, the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War, the First Intifada, the Second Intifada, Arab-Israel conflict, and anti-Semitism
Isaiah 52: 3-53: 12 describes the Messiah as the Suffering Servant and the ultimate victor in the battle Yahweh fights with Satan to redeem and save His people. Commenting on this passage of Scripture, Rabbi Elijah DeVidas, a sixteenth century A.D. Jewish sage, said, “The meaning of ‘He was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities,’ is that since the Messiah bears our iniquities, which produce the effect of His being bruised, it follows that who will not admit that the Messiah thus suffers for our iniquities must endure and suffer them for himself.”
I have included Isaiah 52: 3-53: 12 verbatim below, with one exception. I put Yahweh’s Name where it belongs. The Messiah came and died for us, and Rabbi DeVidas was absolutely correct. Unless we have faith in Him to redeem and save us, we will suffer the consequence for our sin. This is what Yahweh told Isaiah about Him:
“For thus says Yahweh, ‘You were sold for nothing and you will be redeemed without money.’ For thus says Adonai Yahweh, ‘My people went down at the first into Egypt to reside there; then the Assyrian oppressed them without cause. Now therefore, what do I have here,’ declares Yahweh, ‘seeing that My people have been taken away without cause?’
Again Yahweh declares, ‘Those who rule over them howl, and My Name is continually blasphemed all day long. Therefore My people shall know My Name; therefore in that day I am the One who is speaking, ‘Here I am.’ How lovely on the mountains are the feet of Him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness, who announces salvation, and says to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!’
Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices, they shout joyfully together; for they will see with their own eyes when Yahweh restores Zion. Break forth, shout joyfully together, you waste places of Jerusalem; for Yahweh has bared His holy arm in the sight of all the nations, that all the ends of the earth may see the salvation of our God.
Depart, depart, go out from there, touch nothing unclean; go out of the midst of her, purify yourselves, you who carry the vessels of Yahweh. But you will not go out in haste, nor will you go as fugitives; for Yahweh will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.
Behold, My Servant will prosper, He will be high and lifted up and greatly exalted. Just as many were astonished at you, My people, so His appearance was marred more than any man and His form more than the sons of men. Thus He will sprinkle many nations, kings will shut their mouths on account of Him; for what had not been told them they will see, and what they had not heard they will understand.
Who has believed our message? And to whom has the arm of Yahweh been revealed? For He grew up before Him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of parched ground; He has no stately form or majesty that we should look upon Him, nor appearance that we should be attracted to Him. He was despised and forsaken of men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; and like one from whom men hide their face He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
Surely our griefs He Himself bore, and our sorrows He carried; yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but Yahweh has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.
He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth; like a lamb that is led to slaughter, and like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, so He did not open His mouth. By oppression and judgment He was taken away; and as for His generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living for the transgression of My people, to whom the stroke was due? His grave was assigned with wicked men, yet He was with a rich man in His death, because He had done no violence, nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
But Yahweh was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief; if He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of Yahweh will prosper in His hand. As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; by His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, as He will bear their iniquities. Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, and He will divide the booty with the strong; because He poured out Himself to death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet He Himself bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.”
Demographic data point to a surprisingly different future. Get ready for some radical shifts. Below are talking points from a presentation I made at a Sukkot gathering in Dallas, Texas a few days ago:
Basic demographic information:
- Any culture requires a fertility rate of 2.11 children per family to sustain itself.
- Never in history has a culture with a 1.9 children per family fertility rate reversed the effect of too few children being born.
- If the fertility rate in a culture falls to 1.3 children per family, the effects are impossible to reverse without Yahweh’s direct intervention.
EU fertility rates:
- France 1.8
- England 1.6
- Greece 1.3
- Germany 1.3
- Italy 1.2
- Spain 1.1
- the entire EU— 1.38
- The population of Europe is growing due to Muslim immigration.
- 90% of the population growth in Europe since 1990 has been due to Islamic immigration.
- Islamic immigrants in the EU are very fertile. For example, the fertility rate in France for Islamic immigrants is 8.1 children per family. Similar statistics hold for other European countries.
- By 2050 at the latest, the EU will be predominantly Muslim. This is not speculation. Unless something unusual happens, it’s a mathematical certainty.
Questions and answers:
- Are all Muslims radical Islamists? No.
- How many Muslims are there in the world today? About 1,600,000,000.
- What percent of Muslims are radical Islamists? Very small. Probably in the 1% range.
- How many people is that? 16,000,000.
- Is that a problem? You bet it is.
- Okay, let’s assume that the 1% estimate for radical Islamists is too high. Now let’s assume that only ¼% of Muslims globally are radical Islamists. How many people are we talking about? Roughly 4,000,000.
- For comparison purposes, how many people serve as soldiers in the U.S. military? The answer: Army 507,158; Navy 347,693; Air Force 347,352; Marines 179,762; total DOD 1,381,965; Coast Guard 41,002; total Armed Forces 1,422,967; reserves 1,000,000; paramilitary 53,000; total for US Military 2,475,967.
- How many people are involved with Al-Qaeda? Estimates range from 200 to 30,000.
- What is the most rapidly growing religion in the world today? Islam.
- What is the most rapidly growing religion in the United States today? Islam.
- What is the most rapidly growing religion in United States’ prisons today? Islam.
- Is that a relevant question? You bet it is.
I think you’ll agree with me that these statistics are disturbing. Barring unforeseen circumstances, the world as we know it has changed forever. On the horizon, we see an Islamic Europe. What will that mean? It’s difficult to say, but you can bet it will have a dramatic effect on global politics. Even in the United States we’ve witnessed significant changes already, and I expect to see the rate of change increase as more immigrants enter our country and more people are released from U.S. jails. They have become breeding grounds for radical Islam.
Here are a few additional alarming statistics:
- At the end of 2007, 7.2 million people in the United States were behind bars, on probation, or on parole.
- Of that group, about 2.3 million were actually in jail. The U.S. leads the world in terms of the number of people in jail.
- For comparison purposes, China ranks second globally in terms of the number of people incarcerated. At the end of 2007, about 1.5 million Chinese people were in jail. Because of the population size difference, the incarceration rate for the U.S. is about 5 times the incarceration rate for China. Since China is a totalitarian state, that statistic is amazing.
This is the bottom line. Our prisons are boot camps for radical Islamists, and we have loaded them with potential terrorists. It concerns me that we’ve allowed such a dangerous circumstance to arise under our noses, but we have. I fear the cost of our mistake will be very high. Therefore, we need to be on the lookout for problems as they emerge. Hesitation or delay will be costly.
You need to share this information with your friends and associates. They need to be as well-informed as you are.
Today’s Events Shaping Our World
U.S. and Western Hemisphere
- What happened to global warming
- Global blushing
- Southern California wildfires stalled by record low temperatures
- Earth and its inhabitants need more, not less, CO2
- U.N. pulls hockey stick from climate report
- U.N. climate reports: they lie
- Debunking flawed “climate science”
- Saving the earth by hating humanity
- The biggest news you haven’t heard
- Peruvian glaciers prove Little Ice Age was global
- Copenhagen plan could wreck global economy
- U.N. IPCC scrutinized and found wanting
Video (click title)—EPA’s backdoor energy tax
- Obstacles ahead for Obama’s gay rights goals
- DNC scraps healthcare ad at Dole’s request
- H1N1 taking off in U.S.
- Fed says unemployment rate may rise above 10%
- California lawmakers fail to reach water deal
- Father of NY bomb suspect arraigned
- Gay rights activists march on D.C., divided on Obama
- Wall Street Journal to pass USA Today as top U.S. paper
- Senator: Obama should get Pentagon support on gays
- President Obama’s new defense shield: Jim Jones
The “Liberal” Solution to Your Carbon Footprint
- Pundits batter Nobel Prize Committee
- Mason-Dixon shows McDonnell by 8
- Lindsey Graham backs climate-change effort
His position on climate change puts Senator Lindsey Graham at odds with science, the GOP, the facts, and logic. But it does increase the likelihood of him scoring a Sunday morning news program invitation. I watch those shows. He’s a regular. His motto should be “Lindsey Graham: have mouth, will travel.” I think I’ll give him a new nickname—Mouth. He acts and sounds like a democrat.
- McCain says Palin remains strong force in GOP
- Police find no obvious motive in UCLA slashing
- Texas lawmakers leading ethics investigation of Rangel
Video (click title)—Nobel Prize in a new light
Video (click title)—Obama vows to end ban on gays in military
Israel and Middle East
“On your walls, O Jerusalem, I have appointed watchmen; all day and all night they will never keep silent. You who remind Yahweh, take no rest for yourselves; and give Him no rest until He establishes and makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.”
Isaiah 62: 6-7
- The IAEA and Israel
- Abbas endorses kidnapping of more Israelis
- Arab stone-throwers seriously wound Israeli woman
- British paper, The Guardian, omits Israeli Nobel Laureates
- No sign of breakthrough in U.S. Mideast peace mission
- Deadly blasts target police, government buildings in Iraq
- Abbas defends delay of Gaza War crimes report vote
- Clinton warns Iran of need for nuclear progress
The Sea of Galilee
- Turkey bars Israel from military drill
- Israel lifts Temple Mount restrictions
- U.S. envoy leaves Mideast without peace deal
- Israel, U.S. to hold missile exercise
- Russia’s arms sales to Iran and Arab world concerns U.S. and Israel
- Iran says it will boost uranium if talks fail
- Abbas: no peace talks before Israel gets back on track
- Israel will not attack Iran under current circumstances
- 19 killed, 81 injured in Iraq triple car bombings
- Abbas changes mind over vote on Goldstone probe
- Israel hits back at Turkey over scuppered air force drill
- Mitchell: Obama won’t stop until Middle East peace is achieved
- What can the Middle East learn from the phenomenon of Obama?
- In Gaza, only the dying get to see their Israeli relatives
- Rosh Ha’ayin mayor: no chance we’ll be sister cities with Dachau
- Peres to Muslim clerics: Israel will fix injustices at holy sites
- U.K. support for Goldstone Report may backfire
- Hamas incitement fails to ignite West Bank
In the Kidron Valley Beside the City of David
Video (click title)—Ahmadinejad: meeting in Vienna test for West
China, Russia, India, and Asia-Pacific
- Militant leader who led attack on Pakistan army base is one of many defectors
- Azerbaijan condemns Turkish pact
- Partisan divide persists on U.S. troop surge for Afghanistan
- Attacks demonstrate Taliban resurgence in Pakistan
- In 2008 Afghan firefight, U.S. weapons failed
- U.N. chief acknowledges fraud in Afghan vote
- U.N. mission chief denies Afghan fraud cover-up
- Clinton downplays threat to Pakistan nuclear arsenal
- Pakistan nukes safe despite militant threat: Clinton
- Are Obama advisers downplaying Afghan dangers?
- Philippines speeds up relief in typhoon-hit north
- United Russia leading in Moscow City Duma elections
- Turnout modest in Moscow City Duma elections
- 25 hostages freed at Pakistan Army HQ
- China, Japan, and North Korea pledge further trilateral ties
- Russian economy to shrink 7.5%
Video (click title)—Deadly end to Pakistan Army siege
- Headlines in The Moscow Times
- Headlines in Voice of Russia
- Headlines in Xinhua News
- Headlines in The Times of India
- Headlines in The Asahi Shimbun
Europe and Africa
- Clinton upbeat on Northern Ireland devolution
- Czech president last obstacle for EU reform treaty
- How Hillary Clinton’s diplomacy was put to the test
- Iceland looks to serve the world
- Irish Greens back government deal
- Euro economy is out of freefall
Video (click title)— Dodging the Stasi
- Headlines in the BBC
- Headlines in The Times of London
- Headlines in Der Spiegel
- Headlines in Deutsche Welle-World
Statistical Information for SnyderTalk
- 51,254 hits from June 24 through July 31, 2009
- 59,814 hits in August 2009; 2009 total: 111,068
- 111,213 hits in September 2009; 2009 total: 222,281
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org