Welcome to SnyderTalk!
Yahweh Initiates the Exodus
The events described in the book of Exodus take place about 300 years after Joseph’s death. As Exodus begins, a pharaoh had come to power in Egypt who had not known Joseph. He was concerned because he thought the Hebrews, who had grown in number to several million people, could turn against Egypt if enemies invaded the country and possibly could help to bring about her defeat. Thus, he decided to enslave the Children of Israel, and he put them to work making bricks to build cities and temples that were needed as Egypt grew and prospered.
The Hebrew people continued to increase rapidly in number despite their difficult circumstances. Thus, Pharaoh decided to kill their male children at birth. Moses was born during this time, and Pharaoh’s daughter spared his life when she found him floating in a basket in the Nile River. She brought him into Pharaoh’s house and raised him as her own son.
Yahweh protected Moses, and He arranged things so that his real mother became his wet nurse. She must have taught Moses about his heritage as an Israelite because when he was 40 years old, Moses decided to forego the life of luxury that he could have lived as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, and he attempted to rescue his Hebrew relatives.
One day he got involved in a dispute between an Egyptian taskmaster and a Hebrew slave, and he killed the taskmaster. When news of the incident reached Pharaoh, he ordered Moses’ execution. Thus, Moses fled to the Land of Midian which is known today as Saudi Arabia.
While living in Midian, Moses married the daughter of the priest of Midian and began raising a family. He worked for his father-in-law (Jethro) as a shepherd of his flocks, and he spent long hours in the wilderness grazing sheep. When he was 80 years old, Moses met Yahweh on Mount Sinai.
Yahweh Meets Moses on Mount Sinai
Exodus 3: 2 says that the Angel of Yahweh appeared to Moses as a blaze of fire in a bush that was not consumed, and Exodus 3: 4 says that the Angel of Yahweh is Yahweh. Keep this fact in mind because the Angel of Yahweh is the personification and manifestation of Yahweh, and we refer to Him as the Messiah.
Moses turned aside to take a close look at the bush. He could have simply looked at it from a distance in amazement, or he could have run away from it since it was such an unusual, and possibly frightening, sight. Instead, he walked right up to the bush, and he got so close to it that Yahweh stopped him and told him to take off his shoes because he was walking on holy ground.[i] The ground was holy because of Yahweh’s presence.
Yahweh called out to Moses from the burning bush and said,
“I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.”[ii]
When he realized who was talking to him, Moses hid his face because he was afraid to gaze at God. Moses’ mother had probably taught him about God’s awesome power and about His absolute purity. He knew that compared to God he was a filthy wretch.
Yahweh told Moses that He was sending him as His emissary to the Children of Israel and to Pharaoh. He also told Moses that He would deliver the Israelites from bondage in Egypt personally and take them to the land He promised to give Abraham and his descendants.
At first Moses was reluctant to assume this responsibility perhaps because he had tried to help his Hebrew relatives 40 years earlier, and they had asked Him, “Who made you a prince or a judge over us?”[iii] When they asked him this question, Moses did not know how to respond.
In all likelihood, Yahweh had been working in Moses’ life at that point, and he understood what he was supposed to do. However, he did not understand the details. He did not know who was giving him the job or when he was supposed to do it. Forty years later on Mount Sinai speaking from a burning bush, Yahweh told Moses about the role he would play in the redemption of the Children of Israel.
[i] Exodus 3: 4-5.
[ii] Exodus 3: 6.
[iii] Exodus 2: 14.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to email@example.com, and put “add me to your distribution list” in the subject line. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Ezekiel 5: 5-12
“Thus says Adonai Yahweh, ‘This is Jerusalem; I have set her at the center of the nations, with lands around her. But she has rebelled against My ordinances more wickedly than the nations and against My statutes more than the lands which surround her; for they have rejected My ordinances and have not walked in My statutes.’ Therefore, thus says Adonai Yahweh, ‘Because you have more turmoil than the nations which surround you and have not walked in My statutes, nor observed My ordinances, nor observed the ordinances of the nations which surround you,’ therefore, thus says Adonai Yahweh, ‘Behold, I, even I, am against you, and I will execute judgments among you in the sight of the nations. And because of all your abominations, I will do among you what I have not done, and the like of which I will never do again. Therefore, fathers will eat their sons among you, and sons will eat their fathers; for I will execute judgments on you and scatter all your remnant to every wind. So as I live,’ declares Adonai Yahweh, ‘surely, because you have defiled My sanctuary with all your detestable idols and with all your abominations, therefore I will also withdraw, and My eye will have no pity and I will not spare. One third of you will die by plague or be consumed by famine among you, one third will fall by the sword around you, and one third I will scatter to every wind, and I will unsheathe a sword behind them.’”
- God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘Yahweh, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This [Yahweh] is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.” (Exodus 3: 15)
- “Therefore behold, I am going to make them know—this time I will make them know My power and My might; and they shall know that My name is Yahweh.” (Jeremiah 16: 21)
- “Behold, the days are coming,” declares Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely; and this is His name by which He will be called, ‘Yahweh our righteousness.’” (Jeremiah 23: 5-6)
Hosea 4: 6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Stand! is a suspense novel that exposes the lies, corruption, and greed underlying the theory that man-made CO2 emissions are responsible for global warming. Professor Wes Carlyle and Karen Sterling, his research collaborator, carefully scan the audience for their would-be attacker—a member of the enviro-gestapo who has been following them for days. Wes spots his man in the back of the room leaning against the wall. Suddenly, another man in the audience steps forward and moves toward Karen at a menacing pace. With a vicious stroke, he swings a billy club at her head. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
Top 5 diggtm articles recently—read them to see what people are sharing:
- Romney Blasts Supreme Court, Calling Healthcare Act ‘Worst Idea I Ever Had’
- A look at where each of the 50 states stand on implementing the federal health care overhaul
- The Real Winners
- So are you moving to China?
- Rachel Maddow’s Quiet War
- Syria Is the New Sinai
- Experts: Israel Didn’t Kill Hamas Man in Damascus
- Mursi to Tahrir Square: There’s no power above people power
- UNESCO: Nativity Church heritage site in ‘Palestine’
- Israel’s Carmel caves listed as World Heritage sites
- Eritreans protest deportation outside US embassy
- Syria death toll spirals: 170 killed in one day
- Arab World: Staying on the sidelines
- Social Affairs: Back for the summer
- Rhyme and reason on the Middle East
- Tradition Today: Fringes at the Wall
- Likud MK denounces Temple Mount ‘infringement’
- Jerusalem blaze caused by arson, negligence
- Moscow to evict SPNI from ‘Sergei’s Courtyard’
What Will You Do with the Rest of Your Life? deals with a question that every Christian has to consider: what should I do with my life? Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- IDF Preparing for Possible Terror Attacks from Syria
- UNESCO names Church of Nativity as first Palestinian World Heritage site
- UNESCO grants Palestinians full membership
- Israel is not prepared for the next war
- Top Iran official: U.S. threats of military attack against nuclear program are empty
- Founder of IDF’s Haredi battalion blasts ‘arrogance’ of state’s enlistment panel
- Jerusalem’s leading lights bolt for the Tel Aviv coast in a flight of cultural freedom
- Jordan’s king meets Meshal in latest gesture to Hamas
- Erekat: Meeting between Abbas, Mofaz is not a renewal of peace talks
- With Tal law, Netanyahu’s coalition failed its first test
- Turkey slashes Iranian oil imports in May by over 35%
- Six Palestinian prisoners go on hunger strike in PA jail
- At least forty killed in Syria over the past two days, activists say
- How dare Rabbi Amar call Conservative and Reform Jews corrupt?
- Clinton urges Latvia to resolve thorny issue of Jewish properties ‘quickly and fairly’
- Poland police probing ‘I Miss You, Jew’ slogan painted on Warsaw building
Blessings in the Book of Revelation is a book that you need to read, especially now. There are blessings throughout the Scriptures but Revelation is the only book in the Bible actually containing a specific blessing for reading it. It’s repeated twice, once at the beginning and again at the end. This is the reason that I believe Revelation should be the first step toward studying biblical prophecy. Though not easy to do, Revelation can be broken down and understood by anyone, not just the academic elite. So, Revelation’s blessings are for everyone. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- ‘Everyone, including Arabs, must serve,’ Netanyahu says
- The battle for conscription
- As Syria implodes, IDF braces for terror along Golan Heights border
- Morsi’s inherited mess
- Netanyahu’s golden opportunity
- Migron residents hope for miracle as Ulpana is evacuated peacefully
- Today’s Air Force is deadlier than ever before, says IAF commander
- Jordanian king meets Hamas leaders in nod to Islamists
- Syria’s Assad says duty to ‘annihilate terrorists’
- Second Temple-era mikveh discovered under Al-Aqsa mosque
- The anxiety of the haredim
Falsely Accused is a true story about a young woman who was accused of committing a double homicide. It’s about a travesty of justice, and it reveals Yahweh intervening in the life of a believer to rescue her from danger in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. Everyone will enjoy the book, but young people in particular need to read it because the mistakes made that led to the problem could have been avoided. They were the kinds of mistakes that young people are prone to make. As they say, forewarned is forearmed. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- IDF to Deploy Observation Balloons along Egyptian Border
- Israel Air Force Shortens Response Time When Sighting Gaza Rocket Cells
- Lebanese Protest Hizbullah’s Arms
- MI-5: Arab Spring Creating New Al-Qaeda Sanctuaries
- Egypt ex-minister jailed 15 years over Israel gas deal
- Report: A Dozen Military ‘Insider Threats’
- Kofi Annan Proposes Syria “Unity Government”
- Tantawi to Remain Egypt’s Defense Minister
- Iran’s Top Asian Oil Buyers Cut Imports 18 Percent
- Saudi Student Convicted in U.S. of Plotting to Make Bomb
- Hamas Presents Israel “Collaborators” in Video
- Raiding Iran Triggers Discussion of When and How
- Arson terror spreads to the south
- Drafting haredim: government seeks penalties against haredim rather than the army
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- Mati Tuchfeld: Lieberman flexes his muscles
- Dore Gold: Morsi and the future of the peace treaty
- Boaz Bismuth: Turkey will not hesitate to avenge Assad’s aggression
- Caroline Glick: About those Jews . . .
- P. David Hornik: The Al Qaeda-Muslim Brotherhood Coalition
- Louis Rene Beres: Death, war, and terrorism: A look behind the news
- Claudia Rosett: Saving Syria from Kofi Annan
- Robert Satloff: Morsi’s Victory in Egypt: Early Implications
- Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi: What to Expect from Egypt’s Morsi
- Elizabeth Arrott: Practical Concerns, Not Ideology, May Keep Egypt-Israel Peace
- Tyler Golson: How Long Can the Free Syrian Army Hold Off Its Islamist Rivals?
- Shahrzad Elghanayan: How Iran Killed Its Future
- Amir Taheri: Book Review: Should Israel Exist?
- Zalman Shoval: Still No Peace Partner
- Yael Teff-Seker and Nir Boms: Incitement or Peace Education?
- Mark Dubowitz: To End Iran’s Nuclear Program, It’s Time for America to Step Up Its Economic Warfare
- Michael J. Totten: Almost the Entire Arab World Is NowJudenrein
- Smadar Peri: Damascus Hit “Too Cruel for Mossad”
- Barry Rubin: In A Few Years China Will LIkely Be the Second-Most Important Country for Israel’
- Jeff Carter: What You Need To Know About the EU Summit
- Mike Shedlock: Eurozone Retail Sales Drop 8th Month
“The scales at my doctor’s office said I weighed 201 when I began drinking the B-Skinny coffee. Today, four weeks later, my scales said I weigh 188. I love this stuff.” Pat Parks
- Take the B-Fit with the Boresha 90-Day B-Fit Challenge
- NuvoGene Tea Now Available!
- Chocolate Crème Protein Shake
- Sweet Berry Meal Replacement Shake
If You Voted for Obama in 2008 to Prove You’re Not a Racist, You Need to Vote for Someone Else in 2012 to Prove You’re Not an Idiot explains why voters in the United States need to elect someone besides Barack Obama to lead them. Whoever is elected President of the United States in 2012 will have to contend with the monumental problems that Obama’s misguided policies have caused both at home and abroad. One thing is certain, though. It should not be Barack Obama. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.