Welcome to SnyderTalk!
No One is Safe under Islamist Regimes—not even Muslims
President Obama, leaders in his administration, and most Democrats in Congress would have us believe that the Arab Spring is good for Arabs in the Middle East and for the rest of the world because it is a prelude to democracy. They fail to recognize these simple facts:
- A sizeable minority of Arabs in the Middle East and North Africa are Islamists.
- Islamists are terrorists in their home countries and elsewhere.
- Islamists intimidate and brutalize until they get what they want. At home they don’t win elections so much as they take them by force.
- Islamists as a group believe that their mission on earth is to subjugate the world and bring it under Sharia law.
As Islamists take control of countries in the Middle East, they will use the resources of those countries to advance their agenda. That’s what the Taliban did in Afghanistan, for instance, before we kicked them out, and that’s what they will do again if/when they regain control. Our bargaining with them and offering to buy them off as we prepare to withdraw our troops doesn’t impress them with our kindness and generosity. It convinces them that we are ignorant, foolish, and afraid. They are biding their time until we leave so they can return to their barbarous ways.
Islamism is on the rise in Libya, Tunisia, and Egypt – the three countries most closely associated with the Arab Spring. It’s gaining strength in Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and other countries as well. Throughout the world, Islamists see what’s happening in Afghanistan, the Middle East, and North Africa as their opportunity to engage in global jihad, and Iran is leading the way with their efforts to obtain nuclear weapons over objections from the West and their immediate neighbors. We suspect that once Iran has those weapons, they will become a frightening menace to mankind because unlike Israel and other nations that have built nuclear arsenals for defensive purposes, Iran will have no compunction about using them offensively. Are we correct? The answer is probably “yes,” but given the risk involved, does it make any sense to wait and find out?
This much we do know: the Arab Spring and the Islamist awakening that it is helping to inspire is leading people in Egypt, Tunisia, Bahrain, and Yemen to feel less safe today than they felt before the uprising began. That’s what a recent Gallup poll revealed, and it’s reasonable to assume that those countries aren’t anomalies. From Indonesia to the Philippines to Pakistan to Europe to the United States, Islamism is a growing threat to safety and security despite what President Obama and his appointees would have us believe. Will the global Islamist threat become a critical issue in the 2012 presidential campaign? I hope so, but time will tell.
This SnyderTalk editorial first appeared as a blog in American Thinker on February 26, 2012.
To see other SnyderTalk editorials, click here.
- News content in SnyderTalk is updated every day.
- To stay informed, simply scroll down and see what’s happening.
- SnyderTalk content includes the best of the best from around the world.
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.”
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to email@example.com, and put “add me to your distribution list” in the subject line. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Jeremiah 47: 5-7
“Baldness has come upon Gaza; Ashkelon has been ruined. O remnant of their valley, how long will you gash yourself? Ah, sword of Yahweh, how long will you not be quiet? Withdraw into your sheath; be at rest and stay still. How can it be quiet, when Yahweh has given it an order? Against Ashkelon and against the seacoast—there He has assigned it.”
- God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘Yahweh, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This [Yahweh] is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.” (Exodus 3: 15)
- “Therefore behold, I am going to make them know—this time I will make them know My power and My might; and they shall know that My name is Yahweh.” (Jeremiah 16: 21)
- “Behold, the days are coming,” declares Yahweh, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; and He will reign as king and act wisely and do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely; and this is His name by which He will be called, ‘Yahweh our righteousness.’” (Jeremiah 23: 5-6)
Hosea 4: 6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Stand! is a gripping novel about the subterfuge surrounding the global warming debate. It lays out the facts concerning climate change through an exciting story that pits a college professor and his research collaborator against corrupt university administrators and radical environmentalists. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would a newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
Top 5 diggtm articles yesterday:
- Israel Won’t Warn U.S. Before Iran Strike
- The terrifying race to the loony right
- Hello ACTA, SOPA, PIPA and NDAA; Anonymous and Occupy are coming for you
- Is Obama Really To Blame For Rising Gas Prices? Do You Really Care?
- Our Anti-Government Hypocrisy
The Jerusalem Post:
- Syrian opposition council ‘open to working with Hezbollah’
- ‘Israeli security depends on keeping Jordan Valley’
- ‘19% of Israelis support non-US-backed Iran strike’
- Netanyahu intervenes to cut fuel excise
- ‘Gaza is choice for Palestinian leaders still in Syr
- Abbas condemns IDF raid of Ramallah TV stations
- ‘Iran actions make need urgent for inspections’
- Which Republican candidate has the Jewish vote?
- Syrian army assaults rebel district in Homs
- Pro-Israel voices want MEK off US terror list
- 5 years for Hamas man who conspired to aid enemy
- Hezbollah: Israeli attack on Iran would set Middle East ablaze
- Syria official vows Homs quarter to be ‘cleaned’ within hours
- Arab justice’s refusal to sing Israel’s national anthem sparks furor among right-wing MKs
- Storm wreaks havoc on Israeli streets, knocking over trees
- Egypt lifts travel ban on American activists in NGO case
- UN nuclear watchdog sees signs of ‘activities’ at Iran site, say diplomats
- Egypt: Top Al-Qaida member arrested in Cairo airport
- Israel, US aim to present united front on Iran ahead of summit
- WikiLeaks: Israel has codes for Iranian anti-aircraft system
- Israeli consumers, MKs outraged as gas prices hit all-time high
- Israel appoints first envoy of Ethiopian origin
- Palestinians invite UN Security Council to ‘see our reality’
- Palestinians: Israel raids television stations, confiscates equipment
- Shabbat public transportation proposal hits snag in Knesset
- With unrest in Egypt, Israel faces possibility of blackouts
- Iran’s political friction adds heat to upcoming elections
- U.N. Chief Sends Greetings, and an Envoy, to Israel-Bashing Conference in Qatar
- ‘Palestine,’ Not Syria, on the Agenda at Annual U.N. Meeting on Status of Women
- Forget the Palestinians; The Future of Land-For-Peace Depends On Egypt
- The US on an Israeli Military Strike against Iran: A Change in Position?
- Israel and Iran at the eleventh hour
- 13 Syrians Die Attempting to Rescue Foreign Journalists from Homs
- U.S. Drafts New UN Syria Resolution
- U.S. General Defends Remarks on Israel
- Israel Protests UN Silence on Palestinian Rocket Fire
- Syrian WMD: Counter-Proliferation Contingency Planning Needed
- More on Syria’s Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Should Harvard Sponsor a One-Sided Conference Seeking the End of Israel?
- Students and Alumni Protest HKS Conference on Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
What Will You Do with the Rest of Your Life? deals with a question that every Christian has to consider: what should I do with my life? Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- Treasuries, Gold Fall, Stocks Flat on Bernanke
- U.S. Federal Reserve Feb. Beige Book Summary (Text)
- Uncle Sam wants you to rent out its foreclosed homes
- US factory, income data support growth outlook
- GM to take Peugeot stake as part of alliance
- ECB hands out $712 billion in loans to banks
- Oil dips as US crude stocks rise sharply
- Bernanke Says Dodd-Frank’s Volcker Rule Won’t Be Ready by July 21 Deadline
- Banks hit pre-recession profit levels in 2011, FDIC says
- Fed’s Fisher says consumers driving US pick-up
- Interpol says 25 suspected Anonymous hackers arrested
- Venezuela says Chavez fine after Cuba surgery
- Iran says making nuclear bombs a “great sin”
- Clinton says Japan, E.U. working to comply with Iran sanctions
- Iran: two worlds meet, over tea
- NATO urges focus on Afghan stability after Koran burnings
- Two-Thirds of U.S. Deaths in Afghanistan Have Occurred Since Obama’s Surge
- North Korea agrees to halt nuclear programme in exchange for US aid
- Syria forces assault Baba Amr quarter in besieged Homs
- IAEA worried about “activities” at Iran site
- If Elected Russian President, Putin Faces Tough Choices
- Egyptian Claims Mistaken Identity in Al-Qaida Case
- Belarus says EU decision to pull envoys a ‘path into a deadlock’
- Guantanamo detainee Majid Khan pleads guilty, promises cooperation
- Controversial French genocide law fails
- In a world without Chavez, analysts see greater potential for turmoil in Venezuela
- China violence: ’20 dead’ in Kashgar city in Xinjiang
- Rural poor in India better off than urban poor: Unicef
- Interpol website suffers ‘Anonymous cyber-attack’
- UK warns Argentina regarding the Falklands
- François Hollande in London
- Romney roars back with two big wins
- Romney sweeps to double Republican primary victory
- Santorum’s Appeal to Michigan Democrats Is ‘Dirty Trick,’ Romney Says; But Reagan Did It, Too
- Will Mitt-mentum help Romney win Ohio next week?
- After losses, Santorum reaches out to women
- Still winless, upbeat Ron Paul vows to keep picking up delegates
- 7 accused in $375 million Medicare fraud scheme
- Obama Claims Unions Not a ‘Special Interest’
- Obama to UAW: ‘Trying to Climb to the Very Top’ Is ‘Greed,’ Not What America’s ‘About’
- Catholic Bishop Eviscerates Contraception Mandate: The Parable of the Kosher Deli
- Romney on Taxes: ‘I Want to Make Sure We Maintain the Progressivity of the Code’
- Landrieu blasts Salazar, White House over drilling moratorium
- 8 dead in storm aftermath, weather threat continues
- Why Rick Santorum really needs Ohio on Super Tuesday
- Number of mosques nearly doubles in decade
- Clinton to Congress: US Moving on Iran Penalties
- Michelle Malkin: The Autoworkers Obama Left Behind
- Walter E. Williams: Equality or Inequality
- John Ransom: Drill, Barry, Drill
- Dennis Prager: What Kids Now Learn in College
- Michael Medved: Unexpected Hope—From Hollywood
- David Harsanyi: Obama’s Union Speech a ‘Load of You-Know-What’
- Dave Ramsey: Dave Says Don’t Lose the Hog, Lose the Debt
- Austin Bay: Syria’s Counter-Information War
- Donald Lambro: Blame For High Gas Prices Lies Squarely in Obama’s Lap
- Daniel J. Mitchell: To Boost Obama’s Redistribution Agenda, OECD Pushes Crazy Assertion that Poverty Is Higher in the U.S. than in Greece, Hungary, Portugal, and Turkey
- Kyle Olson: Company Offers Products to Protect Private Property from Chicago Teachers Union Protests
- George Friedman: The State of the World: Explaining U.S. Strategy
- Mike Shedlock: Damn the Voters, Full Bailouts (and Existing Policies) Ahead
- Michael Youssef: When Will America Wise Up?
- Night Watch: Afghan Endgame After 10 Years of Sacrifice
- Brent Bozell: Obama’s Latino Landslide?
- Dick Morris: Gas prices to cost Obama
- Arizona, Michigan wins give Romney boost
- Rubin: A much needed win
- Milbank: Mitt Romney, in (mostly) his own words
- Bernstein: Romney stays the course in Michigan
- Rogers: Mitt dodges a bullet
- Romney’s Michigan victory: Not how a front-runner is supposed to win
- As Super Tuesday nears, contest in Ohio looms more super than the rest
- Iran’s underground nuclear site more vulnerable than portrayed, experts say
- In a blow to GOP, Senate moderate Olympia Snowe says she will retire
- Saving the Afghan strategy
- A new route forward for Keystone
- N. Korea agrees to nuclear moratorium, U.S. says
- Al-Qaeda leader reportedly arrested in Egypt
- Murdoch steps down from News International
- Prosecutor: Ohio shooting suspect ‘not well’
- Economy grew at 3 percent rate, beating estimates
- Interpol arrests 25 alleged Anonymous members
- U.S. Coast Guard: 1 dead, 3 missing in copter crash
- 1 dead after possible tornadoes hit Midwest
- Tsunami debris could reach West Coast by 2013
- New plan would kill rival bird to save spotted owl
- Hegemons to receive a slap in the face on election day: Leader
- Election day draws closer
- Kofi Annan discusses Syria with Iranian foreign minister
- Salehi expects Iran-IAEA talks to continue
- Iran to send 1-ton satellite into space in 10 years
- Iran has not ruled out granting IAEA access to military sites: ambassador
- 12 MKO leaders on Interpol’s wanted list: report
- Iran to support Syria against all plots: ambassador
- Iran unfazed by oil sanctions
- India mulls to insure Iran oil cargoes
Falsely Accused is a true story about a young woman who was accused of committing a double homicide. It’s about a travesty of justice, and it reveals Yahweh intervening in the life of a believer to rescue her from danger in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. Everyone will enjoy the book, but young people in particular need to read it because the mistakes made that led to the problem could have been avoided. They were the kinds of mistakes that young people are prone to make. As they say, forewarned is forearmed. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- Santorum’s robocall maneuver in Michigan strikes at the heart of his message
- Climate Deniers Are Giving Us Skeptics a Bad Name
- Creative Destruction at the Academy Awards
- Some ‘Splainin’ to do in Chicago
- A Guide to the Liberal Mind
- What Needs to Come Out of the Obama-Netanyahu Meeting
- Culture Wars: Conservative Freedom vs. Liberal Liberation
- The Blood of Religious Liberty Enabled Freedom of Speech
- The House Acts to Protect Private Property
- Did Gingrich Just Win In Michigan?
- New $750 grand soccer field for Gitmo terrorists
- Striking Iran and the Myth of Regional War
- Genocidal Liberalism: The University’s Jihad Against Israel & Jews
- Romney’s Night, but Tug-of-War Awaits
- Bailout for OWS?
- Making Military Families Pay
- Tawriya: Islamic Doctrine of ‘Creative Lying’
- Why Is Obama in Bed with the Muslim Brotherhood?
- Islamic ‘Honor’ Murder and Leftist Silence
- My Dinner with Mustafa and Marwan
- Sex, Marxism and Fraud
- Israel and Truman’s Lesson for Obama
- Killing for the Qur’an — on The Glazov Gang
- Ohio Poll: Santorum 37, Romney 26, Gingrich 16, Paul 11
- Rick Santorum on the ‘How’ and ‘Why’ of America
- The Daily Grind: A Big Night for Romney
- Morning Jay: How Romney Won Arizona and Michigan
- Romney Regains Frontrunner Status
- Romney’s Victory Speech
- Draghi strikes back, again
- This time is different
- Romney takes two
- Where Romney made it look easy
- Rick Santorum’s “economic freedom agenda” hasn’t much to do with economic freedom
- A post that will settle Mr Santorum’s stomach
- The Chicago way
- Romney secures primary victories
- Who’s backing the candidates?
- Syria troops ‘advancing in Homs’
- N Korea agrees ‘nuclear moratorium’
- US GDP growth is revised up to 3%
- Guantanamo inmate pleads guilty
- Doubts over Cairo militant arrest
- Reef ship pair plead guilty in NZ
- EU bank provides $700bn of loans
- Planes on standby for Costa ship
- SA guides arrested over poaching
- Iran ‘to accept gold for its oil’
- T. rex bite was world’s strongest
- Israel raids West Bank TV stations
- Enough is enough: EU austerity rage in photos
- N. Korea to halt nuke enrichment, missile tests – US
- Privacy betrayed: Twitter sells multi-billion tweet archive
- Al-Qaeda top commander “arrested” in Egypt
- Russian elections: The fight for the regions
- Apocalypse soon: Comet could hit in 2040
- EU wades into Google privacy row
- Spain’s trouble the euro – economist
- Spain braces for further cuts amid national uproar
- Syria welcomes humanitarian work under “umbrella”
- ECB allots 529.5 bln euros in 3-year LTRO
- U.S. presidential candidate Romney bags double wins
- Greece adopts austerity plan as int’l pressure mounts
- Egyptian judges of NGO case drop out
- Adrift Italian cruise liner to reach Seychelles’ Mahe
- Of Political Nausea, Dentists and Fortune Cookies
- GOP Turns Up Heat After Obama’s Keystone ‘Double Back Flip’
- Catching Up with Rep. Allen West
- What American Exceptionalism Actually Means
- How To Get Organized in 5 Easy Steps
- A Strong Night for Mitt Romney
- Obama to UAW: Your Bartender is Depending on You
- Occupy Listmania: Why AIPAC is ‘So Dangerous’
- Maureen Dowd Shows Us Her Id
- Two Words: Rail Gun
- Romney’s Win in Michigan Shows Just How Far the Daily Kos Has Fallen
- Michigan’s Verdict
- Taking Out Dictators
- Obama’s Infanticide Votes
- My Contraceptive Haul
- Hello, Mr. Ranger, Sir!
- BREAKING: Iranian Attempt to Assassinate Israeli Defense Minister Foiled in Singapore
- Behold The Power of His Logic
- Values and Interests
- Obama Administration Misleads on Fiscal Benefits of HHS Mandate
- “Romney’s Great Escape”
- ‘Not So Fast’
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- Sabbath Observing Texas High School Does More for Faith Than Tebow
- Santorum Misses His Chance as Romney Dodges Bullet in Michigan
- Is Santorum’s Chance Slipping Away?
- How Big is Romney’s Money Advantage?
If You Voted for Obama in 2008 to Prove You’re Not a Racist, You Need to Vote for Someone Else in 2012 to Prove You’re Not an Idiot explains why voters in the United States need to elect someone besides Barack Obama to lead them. Whoever is elected President of the United States in 2012 will have to contend with the monumental problems that Obama’s misguided policies have caused both at home and abroad. One thing is certain, though. It should not be Barack Obama. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.