Newt Gingrich’s surprise victory in the South Carolina GOP primary followed closely on the heels of his performance in the last debate before the election. To refresh your memory, watch the YouTube video of the exchange between CNN’s John King and Gingrich that enabled the candidate to close the door on any hope for a Romney win.
Few would disagree with the conclusion that Gingrich’s performance in that debate was THE factor that mattered most in his South Carolina campaign. It took place just days before the election; it targeted the mainstream media, ABC and CNN specifically; it resonated with voters in the Palmetto State because they recognize liberal bias in the mainstream media as a serious problem; and it demonstrated a side of Newt’s character that they hope to see in a campaign against President Obama — the ability to deliver knockout blows with frontal assaults.
Newt’s feisty side was the subject of articles immediately following the debate and it catapulted him to victory in South Carolina, but after the election, things changed. Suddenly, another side of Newt’s character came into play — his moral side. Although the issue during the debate was whether Gingrich proposed having an open marriage relationship with his second former wife, clearly a moral question, the issue that Newt faced as he entered the final stretch before the Florida GOP primary had to do with his truthfulness, another moral question. The evidence below confirms that fact:
- Newt Gingrich Lied About Offering Witnesses To Rebut “Open Marriage” Claims
- Newt Gingrich lied about offering witnesses to counter open marriage claims
- Gingrich admits ABC claim was false
If Newt’s truthfulness, or more precisely his lack of it, had come into play before the South Carolina GOP primary, I suspect that the outcome would have been different and Romney would have won. But the facts weren’t available, and Gingrich won by a wide margin.
Unless something unusual happens before Floridians go to the polls on Tuesday, it looks as though Gingrich will lose handily. Interestingly, the same debate performance that gave Gingrich a South Carolina victory will most likely cost him a Florida win. Although GOP voters admire Newt’s ability to speak quickly and authoritatively on just about any subject under the sun, they now wonder if he is prone to make things up when he thinks the need arises. Although truthfulness may not matter to Democrats as President Clinton, Senator John Kerry, Senator Harry Reid, Representative Barney Frank, and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, for example, well know, it does matter to most ordinary citizens and to GOP voters.
The most important lesson that GOP candidates can learn from the Gingrich freefall is that honesty counts. Newt Gingrich wasn’t honest, and it will probably cost him the Florida primary and the GOP nomination. President Obama has a propensity to play loose with the facts, too, and with his “performance record” being what it is, you can bet that he will throw out lots of information that won’t pass the truth test. Will it cost him a second term as president? I hope so, but the eventual GOP nominee must be willing to challenge the president’s claims when they are patently false to make sure that it does.
This SnyderTalk editorial was first published as a blog in American Thinker on January 29, 2012.
To see other SnyderTalk editorials, click here.
- News content in SnyderTalk is updated every day.
- To stay informed, simply scroll down and see what’s happening.
- SnyderTalk content includes the best of the best from around the world.
Welcome to SnyderTalk!
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.”
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to email@example.com, and put “add me to your distribution list” in the subject line. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Jeremiah 41: 13-14
Now as soon as all the people who were with Ishmael saw Johanan the son of Kareah and the commanders of the forces that were with him, they were glad. So all the people whom Ishmael had taken captive from Mizpah turned around and came back, and went to Johanan the son of Kareah.
For the last 80 years, Western countries including the United States, Britain, Italy, and Spain to name just a few have habitually spent money they didn’t have on things they didn’t need and couldn’t afford during good times and bad times, and they paid for their excesses with borrowed money. That irresponsible behavior can’t continue. If we don’t put the brakes on spending now, when will we? In the world that Krugman and his liberal progressive followers inhabit, the answer is “never,” but they don’t live in the real world.
Falsely Accused is a true story about a young woman who was accused of committing a double homicide. It’s about a travesty of justice, and it reveals Yahweh intervening in the life of a believer to rescue her from danger in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. Everyone will enjoy the book, but young people in particular need to read it because the mistakes made that led to the problem could have been avoided. They were the kinds of mistakes that young people are prone to make. As they say, forewarned is forearmed. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
Hosea 4: 6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Stand! is a gripping novel about the subterfuge surrounding the global warming debate. It lays out the facts concerning climate change through an exciting story that pits a college professor and his research collaborator against corrupt university administrators and radical environmentalists. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would a newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
- Voter intensity does not favor Obama
- Bishop: Obama Administration Is Telling Catholics ‘To Hell With You’
- Asked About Plight of Syrian Christians, State Dep’t. Erroneously Blames Regime
- ‘We Stand With You,’ Clinton Tells Syrian People Ahead of Security Council Meeting
- The Path to Victory in November for Barack Obama and the Democrats
- Islamic Awakening is a prelude to uprising against global dictatorship: Leader
- ‘If U.S. makes mischievous move, Iran will not stay silent’
- All options on the table to counter threats: MP
- Israel to Iran: It’s Crunch Time
- Hormuz Hysteria
- Obama’s Dismal Job Performance
- Iran sanctions bring political unity but economic doom to EU
- New Emails Suggest Eric Holder Perjured Himself
- Hamas and the Washington establishment
- Echoes of 1967 in Israel’s Iran Dilemma
- Obama’s ’67 Borders Mistake Haunts Talks
- So, You Think the Palestinians Are Actually Interested in Negotiating?
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood and Its Record of Double Talk
- Experts Say Gingrich Moon Base Dreams Not Lunacy
- Mona Charen: Social Pressure to Marry Is Dead
- Dennis Prager: They Have Islamist Fanatics, We Have Secularist Fanatics
- Political Calculations: Forecasting GDP: Looking Backwards and Forwards
Top 5 diggtm articles yesterday:
- Congresswoman is Outraged she was wiretapped (but she voted for the Patriot Act) [ Video ]
- The Austerity Debacle
- Upper Class Warfare
- The Dirty Thirty – the GOP’s Rights Killing Agenda for America
- Grover Norquist: If Dems get control we’ll “impeach Obama” over not extending Bush tax …
The Jerusalem Post:
- CIA chief: Iran sanctions ‘have been biting’ recently
- Peres: Israel could benefit from ‘Arab Spring’
- UNSC Syria draft refrains from intervention call
- ‘Property dispute behind Jaffa Christian murder’
- Police to open new station on Mount of Olives
- Moscow counting on Syria to keep arms exports high
- Omri Sharon to help Livni in Kadima race
- ‘Germany to pressure China over Iran oil imports’
- Analysis: Media frenzy on Iran contradicts reality
- Palestinians nix plans for income taxes
- ‘Help Iranian people separate from ‘fanatic’ gov’t’
- French lawmakers seek rejection of genocide law
- PLO blames Israel for failure of Amman talks
- Canadian Foreign Minister: “Delegitimization of Israel Is New Anti-Semitism”
- Netanyahu: Israeli Presence Necessary in Jordan Valley
- Iran Renaming Ships to Circumvent Sanctions
- Mossad chief holds secret U.S. meetings on Iran nuclear threat, Senate panel reveals
- Peres: Iran’s ‘evil’ leaders must not be allowed to gain nuclear weapons
- IDF arrests Palestinian prisoner released in Shalit swap
- The only Israel boycott that’s actually working
- Israel to deport South Sudan refugees following formation of independent state
- Iran says completes ‘constructive’ round of talks with UN nuclear officials
- Report: Drone attack kills 11 al-Qaida militants in Yemen
- Palestinian accuses Israel of arranging arrest in Abu Dhabi
- Officials: Israel outsources monitoring of Palestinian media after IDF lapse
- Israel Air Force Commander: Israel’s Aerial Superiority Is in Danger
- ‘Escalating violence in Syria could spill over in the region’
- ‘Israel must act by summer against Iran’s nuclear program’
- Netanyahu expects easy victory as Likud voters head to the polls
- PA to consult Arab League in wake of failed talks with Israel
- Turkey says Mashaal’s stay in the country is ‘out of the question’
- Netanyahu promises Tal Law alternative within 6 months
- Israel leads the world in cyber-readiness against hack attacks
- Mofaz: If elected PM, I’ll appoint Livni to senior position
- Hamas Gaza leader heads for Iran in unity drive
- Chief rabbi urges unprecedented rabbinical court strike
- OPEC official: Iranian oil embargo will raise prices
- US Embassy shelters Americans amid Egypt NGO crackdown
- Ya’alon: Iran Seeks to Enrich Uranium to 90 Percent
- UN Textbooks for Palestinian Children ‘Explosively Anti-Semitic, Anti-American and Anti-Israeli’
- A Second Holocaust?
- Response to Ron Paul: Did U.S. Policy Make Today’s Islamist Iran Hate America?
- The Free Syrian Army Bleeds the Assad Regime
- Almost 100 Killed in Syrian Violence Monday
- In West Bank Meeting, Canadian Ministers Take Firm Line with Palestinians
- Saving Syria Requires Russia’s Cooperation
- Muslim Brotherhood Stepping Out of the Shadows
- Did Syrian Rebels Stop Departure of Assad’s Family?
- Iranian Arms Smugglers Using European Ships
- Al-Qaeda in Iran
What Will You Do with the Rest of Your Life? deals with a question that every Christian has to consider: what should I do with my life? Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- IRS tax fraud crackdown targets identity thieves
- Home prices drop, consumers turn gloomier
- Greek Bondholders Are Said Set to Get GDP-Revival Sweetener in Debt Swap
- Consumer confidence falls in January
- Hackers attack one of Brazil’s largest private sector banks
- BP Must Indemnify Halliburton for Gulf Oil Spill, Judge Says
- Is Freddie Mac Betting Against the American Homeowner?
- McDonald’s scraps controversial ‘pink slime’ beef process
- Watchdog: Auto insurers overcharging the poor
- U.S. Military Archbishop: Far Fewer Christians in Iraq Since U.S. 2003 Invasion
- Report: UN inspection team did not visit Iranian nuclear sites in 3-day mission
- Russia Says UN Resolution on Syria Could Cause Civil War
- Pakistan Repeats Condemnation of Drone Strikes
- China-Africa friendship enhanced by diverse, growing cooperation
- Putin pledges support for Russian livestock farms
- Deaths from Europe Cold Spell Nears 60
- Lib Dems praise David Cameron for EU U-turn
- French Lawmakers Seek Rejection of Armenian Genocide Law
- Egypt sent back US request to lift travel ban
- Military under attack over law on presidential poll
- UK to dispatch warship to Falklands
- Singapore signs pact with Myanmar to modernize its economy
- Former Pak envoy allowed to travel abroad
- Poll: Nearly One-in-Five Adults Would Miss the Birth of their Own Baby to Go to the Super Bowl
- Romney Plan for Replacing ObamaCare Light on Details
- Sen. Nelson Opposes HHS Health Insurance Mandate on Contraceptives
- Election Day? 34 Percent of Likely Florida GOP Primary Voters Have Already Cast Ballots
- Obama: Drones on a ‘Tight Leash’
- Newt Gingrich’s Fear Factor: What If He Loses the Florida Primary?
- Super PAC Adviser Rick Tyler is Newt Gingrich’s Mini-Me
- Romney hits ‘flailing’ Gingrich on eve of Florida primary
- Bid to halt no-camping rule for DC protesters denied
- Intel chief: Al Qaeda hurting, Iran ‘more willing’ to launch attacks in US
- Deficits to decrease – but not for long
- Obama wants Congress to pass small business tax breaks, investment incentives
- Thomas Sowell: The Florida Smear Campaign
- Guy Benson: Newt: Florida “The Very Beginning” of a “Long Process”
- David Limbaugh: Let’s Honor, Not Stretch, the Buckley Rule
- John Ransom: Camp Mittens Duplicity on Allen West Worse than Conspiracy: It’s a Habit
- John Hawkins: Five Reasons So Many Grassroots Conservatives Don’t Like Mitt Romney
- Cal Thomas: War Through Weakness?
- Debra J. Saunders: Let Oakland Protesters Occupy a County Jail Cell
- Daniel J. Mitchell: IRS Code: 72,000 Pages of Corruption and Sleaze
- Larry Kudlow: Obama’s Tax Hike ‘Designed to Come at Me’: Romney
- Michael F. Cannon: Should Everyone Be Required to Have Health Insurance?
- Kyle Olson: Wisconsin Activist Teacher’s Paul Ryan Snub Explained
- Jeff Carter: Truth is MF Global Stole $1.2 Billion
- Charlotte Hays: The NEA’s Plan: Keep Your ‘Kids’ Captive Longer
- Bob Beauprez: Labor Dept. Targets the Family Farm
- Dana Milbank: The end for Gingrich?
- Alexandra Petri: Keep dreaming, Occupy D.C.
- Richard Cohen: Brain-dead GOP can only blame itself
- Byron York: What REALLY happened to the Gingrich ethics case?
- Walter Williams: Obama’s Racial Politics
- Jack Kelly: When abstinence is irresponsible
- With Mitt and Newt, pragmatic vs. epic
- Daughter’s rare illness presents Santorum with wrenching choice
- For film industry, a Capitol hassle
- Experts question whether E.U. treaty will be enough to contain debt crisis
- A plan to save Syria
- A protest that’s not in the bag
- Long-term factors weigh on middle class
- Half of Md. residents back same-sex marriage
- House Republicans to unveil transportation bill
- Fla. highway reopens day after 10 killed in pileup
- U.S. decries Syria violence; Clinton heads to U.N.
- In South Sudan, a wave of tribal killings tests fragile independence
- Tunisia appreciates Iran’s stance on its revolution
- Iran’s former Majlis speaker criticizes S. Arabia’s policies
- ‘Interpol must arrest former Bank Melli managing director’
- Alamalhoda to principlists: Avoid separate list of candidates
- India says won’t cut Iranian oil imports
- Iran’s gasoline consumption cuts by 833m liters
If You Voted for Obama in 2008 to Prove You’re Not a Racist, You Need to Vote for Someone Else in 2012 to Prove You’re Not an Idiot explains why voters in the United States need to elect someone besides Barack Obama to lead them. Whoever is elected President of the United States in 2012 will have to contend with the monumental problems that Obama’s misguided policies have caused both at home and abroad. One thing is certain, though. It should not be Barack Obama. Click here to order the eBook. Click here to order the paperback.
- The Republican Identity Crisis
- President Obama’s Civilian Soldiers
- Our Elective Despotism
- Ron Paul: The Ghost in the Political Machine
- Obama’s Assault on Religious Conscience
- Obama’s Words Again Don’t Match Actions
- Newt and the Florida Primary
- Most. Polarizing. President. Ever.
- Panetta: Iran could have deliverable nukes in 2-3 years
- Is the National Electorate to the Right of Republicans on National Security?
- Hamas denounces Jordan as Palestinian homeland
- Guilty verdict in Muslim honor killings
- The True Face of Occupy Wall Street
- Press Freedom in Peril?
- Democracy’s Demons
- Justice Served in Horrific Canadian Honor Murder
- The NYPD Caves to CAIR
- Putting Obama’s Radicalism on the Ballot
- Jihad: When Elections Fail
- High-Speed Rail: Going Nowhere, Very Fast
- Anti-Israel Christians Ponder Divestment
- The Daily Grind: Dueling Cults of Personality
- In Florida, Romney Promises to Protect Medicare
- Romney Sings
- Happy Hour: We Are All Alinsky Now
- Smaller Crowd for Newt Before Primary
- Occupational Hazards
- Poll: Republicans Still Dissatisfied with Field
- Gingrich vs. Romney on the TV
- AEI Summer School
- Gingrich Endorsed Health Care Mandate Following Obamacare Press Conference in May 2009
- Florida Poll: Romney 47, Gingrich 27
- Romney Outspends Gingrich By $12 Million in Florida Ad Wars
- Jeb’s 2012 Role
- Santorum Pulls Up Stakes in Florida, Heads to Caucus States
- Not a Winning Argument
- A deal, but to what end?
- What to do about Greece
- Europe struggles to find a strategy to grow out of its debt crisis
- The IMF’s latest forecast has lessons for Europe
- It looks like civil war
- Looking up
- Republican rivals in Florida vote
- UN action ‘could spur Syria war’
- Euro unemployment hits new record
- Obama confirms US drone strikes
- Skin transformed into brain cells
- China steps up security in Tibet
- Ex-MI6 man sued over rendition
- Europeans hit by deadly cold snap
- ‘Syria on its knees – prelude to NATO invading Iran’
- Opposition to Assad: Game over, you shall die like Gaddafi
- As death toll mounts, time running out for war-torn Syria
- Russia opposes ‘Libyan scenario’ in Syria and will block resolution
- Occupy London outraged as police turning blind eye to aggressor
- Laser-guided smart-bombs: Made in Iran
- Occupy Oakland: Cops bend law in brutal arrest wave
- Belgium shuts down to protest austerity measures (VIDEO)
- Stun gun vs Occupy DC: Cops tase protester in pyjamas (VIDEO)
- China lodges urgent representations to Sudan
- Iranian parliament to study ban on oil exports to Europe
- Eurozone unemployment rate hits record high at 10.4%
- Obama envisions free trade agreement with Georgia
- U.S., Russia conclude joint inspection in Antarctica
- Syrian forces fight “terrorists” near Damascus
- Hunkered Between Santorum and Paul Lies Peace Through Total War
- The Gingrich Rope-a-Dope: Speaker Attacks Romney as Moderate
- When Did the War Start? Or Did It?
- Why Apologies Matter
- Oscar and The Death of Movies
- Gray Lady Down: Has the London Daily Mail Overtaken the NY Times?
- Just read the words
- Free speech – for some
- The 10 Worst Cities for Finding a Job
- 3 Tips to Overcome a Bad Grade in College
- ‘Game of Survivor’
- A Tale of Two Seizures
- Keep Hatch
- Obama’s Silly Buffett Rule
- Understanding Carried Interest
- Wronging Paterno
- Religious Liberty Lost
- Birth Control vs. Religion
- Georgia president hails US relations
- Europe struggles in grip of snow
- Scores killed in fresh Syria unrest
- Tunisian Jews reject calls to leave
- One-minute World News
Yahweh to Jeremiah—Jeremiah 16: 21
“Therefore behold, I am going to make them know—this time I will make them know My power and My might; and they shall know that My name is Yahweh.”
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- Did Romney Eliminate Kosher Nursing Home Food as Governor?
- Breaking Up is Hard to Do
- Obama Should Make More Tough Decisions
- The Real Reasons Conservatives Oppose Gingrich
- Unfair Attacks on Gingrich
- Misguided Alarmism About Sharia Law
- Election Revealing Left’s Xenophobia
- Palestinian TV Celebrates Mass Murderer
- Defining Recovery Down
- You Can’t Take Money Out of Politics
- The Sore Loser Scenario
- Erasing 20 Years of History
- Turkey May Soon Host Hamas
God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘Yahweh, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ This [Yahweh] is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”
Exodus 3: 15