Jeremiah 12: 14-17
Thus says Yahweh concerning all My wicked neighbors who strike at the inheritance with which I have endowed My people Israel, “Behold I am about to uproot them from their land and will uproot the house of Judah from among them. And it will come about that after I have uprooted them, I will again have compassion on them; and I will bring them back, each one to his inheritance and each one to his land. Then if they will really learn the ways of My people, to swear by My name, ‘As Yahweh lives,’ even as they taught My people to swear by Baal, they will be built up in the midst of My people. But if they will not listen, then I will uproot that nation, uproot and destroy it,” declares Yahweh.
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would any newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
SnyderTalk.com YouTube Channel: I post SnyderTalk video commentaries on the SnyderTalk.com YouTube Channel, and you can see them 24/7 in the column on the right under Pages.
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh: I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up.
Twitter: Follow SnyderTalk video commentaries on Twitter.
Email Distribution List: If you would like to have your name added to my email distribution list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Add Me to Your Distribution List” in the subject line.
Word of Mouth is the Best Advertising: Tell your friends about SnyderTalk.
Jeremiah 8: 10-12—“Therefore I will give their wives to others, their fields to new owners; because from the least even to the greatest everyone is greedy for gain; from the prophet even to the priest everyone practices deceit. They heal the brokenness of the daughter of My people superficially, saying, ‘Peace, peace,’ but there is no peace. Were they ashamed because of the abomination they had done? They certainly were not ashamed, and they did not know how to blush; therefore they shall fall among those who fall; at the time of their punishment they shall be brought down,” says Yahweh.
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4: 6)
News Items of Interest:
The United States: Exceptional Nation, Unexceptional Presidents
Our Founding Fathers knew what they were doing in Philadelphia when they wrote the United States Constitution. It wasn’t quite what it should have been, though, so James Madison drafted the Bill of Rights. They were added and the government they designed has been the envy of the world ever since.
I taught at the University of Virginia for 25 years. Today I’m a chaired professor emeritus at UVA. I was drawn inextricably to that school and Charlottesville, Virginia for everything they represent. Charlottesville is a small town, relatively speaking, but it’s home to 3 presidents: Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and James Monroe. UVA was the brainchild of Thomas Jefferson. He literally gave it birth. For 25 years, my office was in Monroe Hall. It’s next door to Monroe Hill House, a place where James Monroe who is best known for the Monroe Doctrine once lived and practiced law. Meriwether Lewis and William Clark of the Lewis and Clark Expedition were from there too. I lived in Glenmore, a horse farm on the Rivanna River that was designed by Thomas Jefferson for a friend. Glenmore became a country club and residential community. Our practice area looked straight out at Monticello Mountain, the place where Thomas Jefferson built his home – Monticello. In the late fall, winter, and early spring when the leaves were off the trees, you could see Monticello’s white rotunda glistening in the distance while you worked on your golf game.
Each year, millions of tourists from around the world visit the place I called home, and we didn’t live in a museum. We walked the same streets that our Founding Fathers trod; we worked in facilities that they designed, built, and used; and we absorbed some of the spirit that they left behind. Herb Stein is one many UVA faculty colleagues I was honored to work with and get to know. He had been chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors under President Nixon and President Ford. I looked him up and went to meet him as quickly as I arrived in Charlottesville. He was a brilliant man and a great economist. On one occasion while we were eating lunch after he had guest lectured in one of my strategy classes, he said, “Neil, the fact that our nation has survived and prospered despite the quality of presidential leadership we’ve had is a testament to the strength of government bequeathed to us by our Founding Fathers.”
Herb wasn’t castigating our presidents. He was saying that the ideas introduced and instilled by our Founding Fathers are bigger than the people who occupy the Oval Office for 8 years at most. That impromptu remark made to me over a casual lunch in one of UVA’s historic buildings has stuck with me all of these years. I reflect on it every time I see a President of the United States make a foolish decision or when Congress passes legislation that makes no sense. In due course, the people of these United States rise up and put us back on track. The give and take of the political process, including the name-calling, is part of that process. You can see it today, for example, as Tea Party activists and other like-minded citizens are saying enough is enough. When the people of the United States take a stand, even leftwing presidents like Barack Obama rush to the center, and liberal progressive members of Congress do their best to distance themselves from the policies of the past so they can win re-election. That’s what our Founding Fathers knew would happen.
At this critical juncture, the United States has no better friend in the world than Israel, and Israel is under merciless daily attack. Radical Islamists in Hamas, Fatah, the PLO, the PA, Hezbollah, the Muslim Brotherhood, Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, and a host of other Islamist groups with menacing names are doing everything in their power to annihilate that tiny sliver of a nation simply because she exists. Eliminating Israel’s presence in their midst is the motivating force to which they have dedicated their lives and their resources. Our friend, Israel, needs our help. When we stand up as a nation and let our voices be heard, our political leaders will respond. They have no choice. Our Founding Fathers saw to it.
The United States is an exceptional nation not because of our presidents and political leaders. We are an exceptional nation because of our people and our system of government. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by. Let your voice be heard.
- Report: 400 Al-Qaeda Members in Egyptian Sinai
- Experts Analyze Opening of Gaza-Egypt Crossing
- For Israel, the Silver Lining in Gaza: Shifting the Strip to Egypt
- Gaza activists warn Israel not to block new aid flotilla
- Turkey FM: We can’t stop upcoming aid flotilla to Gaza
- IDF source: Israel bracing for clashes along its borders ahead of planned protests
- Police: Recognition of Palestinian state could ignite violent protests
- Netanyahu: Israel cannot prevent UN recognition of Palestinian state
- Peres to UN: Don’t Mislead Palestinians
- Canada Stands Firm on Mideast Plan
- Canada Blocks Mention of 1967 Line by G8 Summit
- Israel Thanks Canada for Pro-Israel Stance at G8
- Palestinian Statehood Cannot Be Realized at the Cost of Jewish Statehood
- Abbas: Future State Free of All Israelis
- UN Peacekeepers Targeted in Lebanon
- Italy Seeks to Trim Peacekeeping Unit
- Report: Syria Involved in Lebanon UNIFIL Bombing
- Much ado about Bibi and Barack
- Ahmadinejad versus Khamenei: The Revolutionary Guards Win
- Syria forces storm central town of Talbiseh, killing three
- Syrian Protesters Burn Hizbullah Leader Nasrallah’s Pictures
- Al-Jazeera: Syrian Soldiers Shot after Refusing to Fire at Protestors
- Iran Aiding Syrian Crackdown
- Vice PM: Strike on Iran could be necessary
- Jewish worshippers clash with IDF soldiers after infiltrating Nablus
Israeli Uncensored News
“We have the greatest opportunity the world has ever seen, as long as we remain honest – which will be as long as we can keep the attention of our people alive. If they once become inattentive to public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, judges and governors would all become wolves.” (Thomas Jefferson)
The Weekly Standard:
- Our Holiday
- They Who Serve
- Beyond the Folded Flag
- Memorial Day: We Honor Warriors While Surrendering Our Civilization
- Freedom’s Worth
- Obama and Immigration
- America’s Exceptionalism and Destiny
- Will America Suffer the Fate of Rome?
New York Post:
The Washington Post:
- Teenage burnout
- Our Memorial Day duty
- Remembering a local hero
- Memorials to the war on terror
- Greece at the abyss
- Drinking problems
- Is Obama above the law?
- America, outpaced
- Palin v. Bachmann
- Like money growing on trees
- Harassing climate researchers
- Daley 101
- Hoist a glass for Red
- Obama, why belittle Israel?
- The truth about fake military ‘heroes’
- Bridesmaids in real life
The Los Angeles Times:
- The race to succeed Mayor Villaraigosa
- The unhappy white majority
- A U.S. military worth saluting
- When eccentricity and building codes collide
- Leaders of the G-8 want to govern cyberspace. Good luck with that.
- Environment: Ridding the state of foam
- Byron York: GOP Condemns Democrats’ ‘Breathtaking’ Refusal to Produce Budget
- Mike Adams: Crying Rape
- John Ransom: Obama Goes Doh!-for-97, 98, 99, 100!
- Lurita Doan: Obama’s Regulatory Reform Sham Continues
- Star Parker: Tea Party – A Movement in Search of a Leader
- Mike Needham: A Time for Truth
- Mike Shedlock: RomneyCare for Farmers
- Katie Kieffer: Why College is Not For Everyone
Jewish World Review:
- Debra J. Saunders: Soft-on-Crime Cycle Repeats
- Byron York: GOP condemns Dems’ ‘breathtaking’ refusal to produce budget
- Dana Milbank: Hermanator II: No More Mr. Gadfly
- Paul Greenberg: Remembering, We Forget
- Kathryn Lopez: Abortion leads to not-so-sweet emotion
The Rubin Report:
- Why lower Saudi oil prices kill alternative energy
- Crude falls as OPEC pumps more in May
- Greece awaits IMF verdict in shadow of continuing protests
- Lagarde promises Brazil to ‘deepen’ IMF reforms if elected
- Gold steady on Greece debt fear; Shanghai margin weighs
- Russia Surprises With Rate Move
- Who’s to blame when gas costs $1 more than last year?
- Utilities Shares Fall As Germany Scraps Nuclear Energy
- EU Juncker: ‘Total’ Greek Debt Restructuring Not Option
- PC makers step up efforts to combat iPad
- China hikes power prices as shortages loom
- Vladimir Putin announces massive Russian road-building programme
Science and Technology:
- PBS Sites Hacked; Readers’ Data Not Compromised
- Samsung demands to see Apple’s next iPhone, iPad
- Magid: Malware on Macs a wakeup call
- Hackers Use Stolen RSA Information to Hack Lockheed Martin
- Google Wallet Mobile Payments Entice Citigroup, MasterCard, Sprint
- Asus unveils smartphone-tablet combo, the Padfone
- 7 things Microsoft must do to win E3
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- Ratko Mladic ‘will not live to the start of the trial’, lawyer claims
- ‘Scores defect’ from Gaddafi’s army
- Afghanistan insurgents hit NATO base, downtown Herat in coordinated attacks
- Death Toll in Attack on Yemeni Protesters Rises to 57, Al-Jazeera Reports
- E. Coli Outbreak Kills 14 in Germany
- Fukushima workers may have passed radiation limit
- Berlusconi Party Defeated in Key Italian Mayoral Elections
- 5 blasts strike Nigeria following president’s inauguration
- Karzai gives US ultimatum on civilian deaths
- Forget Cate when it comes to climate
- Salehi says is optimistic about Iran-Egypt relations
- French minister quits over sex scandal
- China clamps down on Mongol riots
- Obama picks Dempsey as top military officer
- From Arlington National Cemetery to Facebook, Americans note Memorial Day
- Confusion on day 2 of Palin bus tour
- More rain, snow, National Guard troops for Montana
- As the GOP moves to the right, presidential hopefuls abandon old centrist stands
- Schumer calls for ban on renting cars under recall
- Residents return to flood-damaged homes in Miss.
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org