The Word of Yahweh:
Thus says Yahweh concerning all My wicked neighbors who strike at the inheritance with which I have endowed My people Israel, “Behold I am about to uproot them from their land and will uproot the house of Judah from among them. And it will come about that after I have uprooted them, I will again have compassion on them; and I will bring them back, each one to his inheritance and each one to his land. Then if they will really learn the ways of My people, to swear by My name, ‘As Yahweh lives,’ even as they taught My people to swear by Baal, they will be built up in the midst of My people. But if they will not listen, then I will uproot that nation, uproot and destroy it,” declares Yahweh. (Jeremiah 12: 14-17)
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would any newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
SnyderTalk.com YouTube Channel:
I post SnyderTalk video commentaries on the SnyderTalk.com YouTube Channel, and you can see them 24/7 in the column on the right under Pages.
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Follow SnyderTalk video commentaries on Twitter – click here.
Email Distribution List:
If you would like to have your name added to my email distribution list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Add Me to Your Distribution List” in the subject line.
Word of Mouth is the Best Advertising:
Tell your friends about SnyderTalk.
Jeremiah 5: 17-19—“They will devour your harvest and your food; they will devour your sons and your daughters; they will devour your flocks and your herds; they will devour your vines and your fig trees; they will demolish with the sword your fortified cities in which you trust. Yet even in those days,” declares Yahweh, “I will not make you a complete destruction. It shall come about when they say, ‘Why has Yahweh our God done all these things to us?’ then you shall say to them, ‘As you have forsaken Me and served foreign gods in your land, so you will serve strangers in a land that is not yours.’”
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4: 6)
News Items of Interest:
- Report: Over 50 killed in bloody ‘Day of Rage’ clashes in Syria
- UN human rights body passes resolution condemning Syria crackdown on protests
- EU member states to impose arms embargo on Syria in response to brutal crackdowns
- Lieberman to Ashton: Hamas-Fatah reconciliation opening for Hamas West Bank takeover
- Carter hails Hamas-Fatah reconciliation
- Iran cleric warns Ahmadinejad not to overestimate his power
- Israeli woman and Jewish husband killed in Morocco terror attack
- Haniyeh calls on Fatah to renounce recognition of Israel
- Pro-Gaddafi forces clash with Tunisian military
- The Jewish Conspiracy: A Strategic Weapon to Demonize Jews and Delegitimize Israel
- Fatah and Hamas Agree to Historic Palestinian Reconciliation Deal
- Joseph’s Tomb – Let’s Put an End to This Disgrace
- Christians are Being Kicked Out of the ME Save for Israel
- David Wilkerson, lover of Israel, dies in a car accident
- In Shift, Egypt Warms to Iran and Hamas, Israel’s Foes
- Egypt Shows Signs of New Assertiveness Abroad
- Palestinian Factions Give Differing Views of Unity Pact
- Hamas Leaders Respond to Agreement with Fatah – Deputy Head of Political Bureau Moussa Abu Marzouq: “The Quartet Has Become Obsolete”
- Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad Must Go, Hamas Insists
- State Department Won’t Rule Out Aid to a Fatah-Hamas Government
- Israel: No Talks with Fatah-Hamas Government
- Peres: Palestinian Unity Deal Could Be Barrier to Statehood
- Former Egyptian Envoy Backs Peace with Israel
- IAEA Confirms Syria Secretly Building Nuclear Reactor
- Syria Army Units Clash as Crackdown Intensifies
Israeli Uncensored News
The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs
- The Forgotten Refugees: The Forgotten Jewish Refugees from Arab Countries
- No more voodoo economics!
- This is ACT! for America
- For it or against it?
“We have the greatest opportunity the world has ever seen, as long as we remain honest – which will be as long as we can keep the attention of our people alive. If they once become inattentive to public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, judges and governors would all become wolves.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- The Obama Lie That Drove the Birther Movement
- Just in Time, Obama Changes the Subject
- Obama’s Brand of ‘Greatness’ for America
- Why Isn’t Obama Talking About the Human Skulls?
- Arrogance and Narcissism Reign in King Barack’s Court
- Obama’s Immigration Reform Bluff
- Canadian Showdown
New York Post:
- Richie the recidivist
- The un-American way
- A global fiasco
- Union change or die
- ‘Change’ via executive power grab
The Washington Post:
- Head or heart?
- Citizen Obama
- The Obama Doctrine
- China’s crackdown
- Strong-arming the lawyers
- Nevada Senate vacancy
- Jump-starting growth in Prince George’s
- Get real about gas
- A new national security team
- Trump insults ‘the blacks,’ again Take: You can’t say anything negative about our president without being criticized for “insulting blacks” or worse. President Obama deserves the same treatment that any president gets, and it includes critical analysis. People who lampooned President Bush with lustful glee can’t abide even mild criticism of President Obama, but Obama has done more harm to this country than most of them can imagine. It isn’t insulting or racist to point it out. Yesterday was Kate and William’s wedding day. The Washington Post covered it in detail. Jonathan Capehart must have read about it. Did he ever stop to wonder why President Obama wasn’t invited to the wedding? It’s not racist to say that he wasn’t invited because of the ill will his actions as president have engendered between the US and our staunch ally Great Britain. Obama has thumbed his nose at Israel too, another steadfast US ally, and Israelis find him contemptible. Are the Brits and the Israelis racists too? Hardly.
- Give him a chance
- Is it time for more time for city students?
- Abuse and the Catholic Church
- Spring, in perspective
- Pfleger, in suspension
- We don’t need no birth certificate
- When I grow up, I want to change the world
The Los Angeles Times:
- Unions: It’s better to go along with Mayor Villaraigosa’s cost-saving plans
- Obama and ‘the Jewish lobby of one’
- Unlicensed drivers: Impounding is not the answer
- The promise and peril of home genetic test kits
- Federal regulations: Let’s review the rules
- Mitch McConnell Doubles Down on Harry Reid
- Would a “Candidate Paul Ryan” be the second-coming of Goldwater, or a “black swan” President?
- O’Donnell Calls GOP Frontrunner a “Monster” – Blames Network
- History Rhymes at the San Francisco Chronicle
- Marco Rubio to Obama: Can we recall our ambassador to Syria now?
- Michelle Malkin: The Wisconsin Witch Hunt Goes National
- Suzanne Fields: Eichmann’s Evil No Longer Banal
- Diana West: How Will Congress React to the Latest Afghan Shooting?
- Larry Kudlow: Stagflaton: It’s Back
- Linda Chavez: Democrats’ Hispanic Problem
- Kyle Olson: Sanity Continues Losing Ground in the School Culture Wars
- Michael Youssef: The Troubling Past and Frightening Future of Jihad, Part 2
- Donald Lambro: GOP Shouldn’t Play Trump Card
- John Ransom: End of America?
- Jonah Goldberg: A Thorny, Porn-y Issue for N.Y. Public Library
Jewish World Review:
- Caroline Glick: Netanyahu’s time to choose
- Mona Charen: You needn’t be a royal watcher to join whole-heartedly in the rejoicing at a wedding. And we should celebrate
- Paul Greenberg: Enough Drama Already – the Country’s Getting Sick of It
- Rich Lowry: Slip-sliding away
- Cokie and Steve Roberts: Keeping the best and the brightest
- Roger Simon: A Party for Pundits and Politicians
- Lori Borgman: Think tank running on empty
- Huckabee decision will shape GOP presidential race
- Obama shuffles national security team
- Debt limit danger delayed till September?
- Obama discusses immigration policy with actresses and TV personalities
- Reagan’s recovery was robust, Obama’s economy still sluggish
- President Obama, you’re no Ronald Reagan
- Costly ethanol subsidies should be ended now
- American Indians demonstrate how government ‘help’ creates poverty
- Soros attacks the global supremacy of America’s dollar
- Gold slams Bernanke’s plans at the Fed
The Rubin Report:
- U.S. Government, Media Completely Wrong on Egypt, Now Advise on Peace Process
- Why Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Will Speak to Congress
Focus on the Middle East:
- Why Palestinian Unity Won’t Lead to Peace
- The Fatah-Hamas Agreement: Analysis and Initial Consequences
- Handing Victory to Hamas
- The Arab Spring and U.S. Policy: The View from Jerusalem
- Embattled Arab Leaders Decide It’s Better to Fight than Quit
- The Arab Spring and the Palestine Distraction
- No. 1 U.S. Priority in Middle East: Regime Change in Iran
- The Education of an Iranian Revolutionary
- The Middle East Needs More Israels
- The Jewish Conspiracy: A Strategic Weapon to Demonize Jews and Delegitimize Israel
- Holocaust Martyrs’ and Heroes’ Remembrance Day 2011
- Holocaust Martyrs’ and Heroes’ Remembrance Day: Torchlighters 2011
- Fighting Jewish Genocide
- The “Merchants of Peace” Racket
- WikiLeaks: Bin Laden’s Palestinian Helpers
- Arab World: An emerging moderate Islam?
- Growing oil prices boost Exxon earns
- Euro zone inflation rises, points to higher ECB rates
- Questions We’d Like to Hear at Berkshire’s Annual Meeting
- Economic growth slows sharply; new jobless claims rise
- PRECIOUS-Gold set for seventh weekly gain as dollar sags
- Exelon to buy Constellation in $7.9B deal
- BlackBerry maker slashes short-term sales forecast
- Microsoft Net Falls Below Apple’s as IPad Eats Into Sales
- Gas tops $3.90 nationwide
- Caterpillar Boosts 2011 Forecast as First Quarter Net Rises
- Euro Heads Toward $1.49
- DR Horton Posts Unexpected Profit After Booking $59 Million Tax Benefit
- Motorola Solutions 1Q profit beats views
- Total Offers $1.4 Billion for Solar Stake
- NYSE Euronext reports 19 percent gain in Q1 profit
- European Regulators Investigate Banks for Credit Swaps
- 1st yuan shares to trade outside China make debut
- Gov’t to urge food companies to limit ads for kids
Science and Technology:
- Apple, Sony Face Possible Action By EU Data Privacy Regulators
- Sony says stolen PlayStation credit data encrypted
- Droid Charge delayed due to 4G outage
- Engagement Wars: To Pull Users Back Apps Push Notifications
- Elop seen steady hand for shaky Nokia
- Motorola Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab 7: A study in usability
- Apple Isn’t Frittering Away Its Growth Opportunities
- Thicknessgate: White iPhone 0.2mm Fatter than Black iPhone
- Amyris cranks up biochemical production in Brazil
- Amazon Cloud Outage Proves Importance Of Failover Planning
- Is AT&T a wireless spectrum hog?
- Angry Birds boss says Apple’s iPhone ‘changed everything’
- Hulu Plus hits Xbox Live April 29, free for a week
- Apple Rejects Immigrant ‘Smuggle Truck’ Game
- Apple’s purchase of iCloud.com domain ‘confirmed’
- On the Call: Motorola Mobility CEO Sanjay Jha
- FBI cybercrime agents say they aren’t up to the job
Obama’s “green energy” fetish and food prices
The effect of President Obama’s “green energy” fetish on food prices shouldn’t be minimized because food and energy inflation are taking a big bite out of US consumers’ paychecks, and they are contributing to world hunger. Consider ethanol, for example. For the 2011-2012 marketing year, the US has mandated that 13 billion gallons of biofuels will be produced – almost all of it coming from corn. At a minimum, 4.65 billion bushels of US corn will be diverted to ethanol production, thus depriving a hungry world of that precious source of nutrients and driving up the price of corn for those who can afford to buy it.
The chart below shows the price of corn in dollars per metric ton between 2000 and 2011. As you can see, the price of corn is skyrocketing, and there is no end in sight.
10-year commodity price chart for Maize (Corn)
Few people know the facts about ethanol:
- “Ethanol is listed as a known human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
- The cost of Reformulated Gasoline with ethanol will increase 3-6 cents per gallons compared to RFG with MTBE.
- Spills of pure ethanol or gasoline containing ethanol from leaking storage tanks can create a benzene plume up to 150% larger than a spill from a non-ethanol fuel.
- Ethanol cannot be shipped by pipeline because of its high affinity for water posing significant distribution costs and hurdles for gasoline blenders.
- According to a study by Cornell University, for every gallon of ethanol produced, 1.4 gallons of energy is consumed in the process, compared to 0.15 gallons used in the manufacture of gasoline.
- It takes 1.5 gallons of ethanol (E-85) to drive as many miles as one gallon of gasoline.
- Every gallon of ethanol removes 53 cents from the Federal Highway Trust Fund because of a special tax break for producers.
- Ethanol increases the vapor pressure of gasoline by 1 psi resulting in higher evaporative emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds, while tailpipe emissions of Acetaldehyde increase 150%.
- Ethanol permeates the hoses and lines of automobile fuel systems resulting in a 50% increase in VOC emissions for pre 1995 cars.
- Ethanol dissolves oxide scale from the walls of pipes and tanks, subjecting the systems to internal corrosion, which leads to leaks.”
Ethanol production reduces tax revenue from the sale of gasoline; it drives up the price of gasoline at the pump and contributes to inflation; it damages vehicles and increases repair costs; and it robs the world of a food staple. The only thing ethanol has going for it is a president with a “green energy” fetish. If the decision to blend ethanol with gas had been made based on the merits of the case, there would no ethanol blend fuel on the US market today.
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- German police arrest three al Qaeda suspects
- Experts examine wreckage of Marrakech cafe bomb blast
- Riots erupt in the streets of Uganda’s capital
- Fatah-Hamas deal fruit of Egyptian revolution: Iran FM
- Asia-Pacific Thai-Cambodia ceasefire breaks down
- Bahrain cleric: Death sentences deepen tensions
- CBS Reporter Recounts a ‘Merciless’ Assault
- 10 killed, 29 wounded in Iraq attacks
- China’s mainland population grows to 1.3397 billion in 2010: census data
- Kenya PM calls for end to African dictatorships, new era of reform
- Massive rally in Yemen urges Saleh to go
- China premier strives for trust, investment with Indonesia
- Defense Department Shakeup
- Is it Racist to Criticize Islam?
- Obama In Alabama: ‘I’ve Never Seen Devastation Like This’
- Donald Trump in Vegas: ‘Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people’
- GOP presidential hopefuls to share stage in NH
- Judge says southern Illinois levee can be blown up
- Feds say NJ must repay $271M for rail tunnel
- The Susquehanna River has crested
- WH distances Obama from new fundraising group
- Obama invites congressional leadership to dinner
- John Edwards to be Deposed Again in Civil Suit Over Sex Tape
- WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning cleared to stand trial
- Groupon Stops ‘Apprentice’ Web Ads After Complaints About Trump
- FAA announces review panel, management shuffle
- Obama’s swing state blues
- Why Are Democrats Playing the GOP’s Game With Debt Ceiling?
- Supporters say Huckabee inching toward 2012 run
- Rick Perry, Texas governor, rips Obama’s trip to tornado-devastated Alabama …
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org