Jeremiah 12: 14-17:
Thus says Yahweh concerning all My wicked neighbors who strike at the inheritance with which I have endowed My people Israel, “Behold I am about to uproot them from their land and will uproot the house of Judah from among them. And it will come about that after I have uprooted them, I will again have compassion on them; and I will bring them back, each one to his inheritance and each one to his land. Then if they will really learn the ways of My people, to swear by My name, ‘As Yahweh lives,’ even as they taught My people to swear by Baal, they will be built up in the midst of My people. But if they will not listen, then I will uproot that nation, uproot and destroy it,” declares Yahweh. (Jeremiah 12: 14-17)
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would a newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
SnyderTalk.com YouTube Channel:
I post SnyderTalk video commentaries on the SnyderTalk.com YouTube Channel, and you can see them 24/7 in the column on the right under Pages.
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Follow SnyderTalk video commentaries on Twitter – click here.
Email Distribution List:
If you would like to have your name added to my email distribution list, send your email address to email@example.com. Please put “Add Me to Your Distribution List” in the subject line.
Word of Mouth is the Best Advertising:
Tell your friends about SnyderTalk.
Isaiah 63: 3-4—“I have trodden the wine trough alone, and from the peoples there was no man with Me. I also trod them in My anger and trampled them in My wrath; and their lifeblood is sprinkled on My garments, and I stained all My raiment. For the day of vengeance was in My heart, and My year of redemption has come.”
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4: 6)
News Items of Interest:
- ElBaradei to Cairo crowd: Egypt demands the dawning of a new era
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood eyes unity gov’t without Mubarak
- Egypt send tanks into Cairo square as 20,000 protesters gather
- Fighter jets swoop over Cairo protests in show of force
- Clinton: U.S. wants to see orderly transition into Egypt democracy
- Ban Ki-moon again calls on Egypt to respect human rights
- Obama will go down in history as the president who lost Egypt
- New IDF intelligence chief failed to predict Egypt uprising
- Aided by families, 34 members of Muslim Brotherhood flee Egypt jails
- Netanyahu: Israel’s objective is to maintain peaceful ties with Egypt
- Obama calls on Egypt government and protesters to resolve riots peacefully
- Cairo tremors will be felt here
- US, Turkey, Iraq, Switzerland urge citizens to leave Egypt
- Israel keeps embassy in Cairo closed, diplomats ordered to stay home
- Egypt unrest causes fuel shortage in Gaza Strip
- Israel airlifts dozens of nationals out of Egypt
- Concern mounts in Gaza as Egypt shuts down its shared border
- Egypt authorities shut down pan-Arab broadcaster Al Jazeera
- Cyprus recognizes Palestinian states within 1967 borders
- Israeli Arab who spied for Hezbollah jailed for nine years
- Abbas: ‘Al-Jazeera thought that they could finish us off’
- Face of Mideast unrest: young and hungry for jobs
Israeli Uncensored News
- Recognition of Palestine spills over to the EU
- From nuclear tsar to Islamic extremist
- Arab spy sentenced
- Egypt changes for good
“We have the greatest opportunity the world has ever seen, as long as we remain honest – which will be as long as we can keep the attention of our people alive. If they once become inattentive to public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, judges and governors would all become wolves.” (Thomas Jefferson)
The New York Times:
- The Tea Party Wags the Dog
- No Axe to Grind
- Watch Out! The Assault Vehicle Is Loose!
- The Two Abortion Wars: A Highly Intrusive Federal Bill
- The Two Abortion Wars: State Battles Over Roe v. Wade
- Netizens Gain Some Privacy
- What Can the Protests in Egypt Achieve?
- Serious in Singapore
- How Do You Solve a Problem Like Mubarak?
- Is the Old Order Falling?
- Washington’s Financial Disaster
- A Year in Iraq and Afghanistan
The Washington Post:
- George W. Bush was right about the Middle East
- Will we ever find bin Laden?
- Julian Assange is a journalist, too
- After the Orange Revolution
- Among the ghosts of Detroit
- Worst week in Washington?
- Silvio Berlusconi, Italian stallion
- Return of the ‘president for life’
- Confronting the crackdown in Belarus
- Five myths about Davos
- Obama wants to ‘win the future’
- Trine Tsouderos: Parents’ deadly mistake
- On Ronald McNair
- Ban walking with music?
- Where is President Obama’s will to win?
The Los Angeles Times:
- An immigration reform window opens
- WikiLeaks unplugged
- A British double-dip
- What caused the financial industry meltdown? A congressional task force couldn’t agree
- Is it hard to remember that patriotism used to mean putting a collective good before private profit?
- Global Warming Alarmists in Retreat. Glaciers, Not So Much.
- Pennsylvania Looks at Freezing Prison Construction
- Egypt in flames: Mubarak’s family leaves, army siding with protesters? Update: Restraint urged by … Iran; Update: U.S. response “disappointing” says ElBaradei; Update: U.S. wants “managed change”
- IMF to US: Better start taking care of business
- Progressives Opposing Outrageous Outside Money With …
- Can Flash Mob Technology Spark a Revolution?
- Where Judicial Activism Morphs into Disregard
- The GOP’s Selective Constitutionalism
- In the Long Run, Civility Prevails
- Have American Teachers Moved “To The Left” Of President Obama?
Other Opinion Pieces:
- 7 Lessons from the Holocaust
- Why Kids Need to Fail
- Toward a 21st-Century Regulatory System
- Obama’s Orwellian Language
- Cap and Trade Returns From the Grave
- Is It Really The Warmest Ever?
- 2010 temperature record?
- Learn From China on Solar Policy
- Solar Spectacle
- Cosmic rays contribute 40 p.c. to global warming: study
- As Egypt’s Crisis Grows, So Do the Anxieties in Israel
- Losing the battle against search-result spam
- Davos shows us the instability of a tripartite global economy
- California muni bonds offer a rich, if risky, opportunity
- German Temper Tantrums Reduce Risk of Euro Breakup
- Conservative Austerity Idea Is Failing
- Wall Street’s Collapse to Be Mystery Forever
Obesity is leading this nation to a fiscal cliff.
A few days ago, Dr. Henry Miller wrote an op-ed piece for The Los Angeles Times titled The invisible surgeon general. Dr. Miller is a highly qualified physician. He’s a fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution, and he was the founding director of the Office of Biotechnology at the FDA. His credentials are impressive, but I disagree with Dr. Miller wholeheartedly.
Kudos to Regina Benjamin for trying to do something important. The negative health effects and healthcare costs associated with obesity are leading this nation to a fiscal cliff. Even more, I think obesity is a sign of moral decay in America. Using the surgeon general’s platform to address our obesity epidemic makes perfect sense to me.
Here’s a homework assignment for you. The next time you’re at home on Sunday morning, try flipping from channel-to-channel, and look for preachers. Pay particular attention to the ones who are grossly overweight and obese. Now, imagine them on television in an inebriated state – fall down drunk that is. Why?, you may be wondering. Because gluttony and drunkenness are treated the same way in the Bible. They are both moral problems.
I keep coming back to this question. How is it possible for someone who is morbidly obese to be considered by our government to be living in poverty? Again, I think it’s a sign of moral depravity.
Below is a picture of Dr. Benjamin. As you can see, she needs to practice what she preaches. She will never be an effective advocate for healthy eating if she looks as though she can’t get up from the table. It’s like asking a notorious drunkard to head up a sobriety campaign or appointing a convicted child molester as attorney general. They may be saved by grace, but no one takes them him seriously.
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- Oman uncovers UAE anti-government spy network
- Over 99 pct in Southern Sudan vote for secession
- Clinton says no plans to suspend US aid to Haiti
- 10 killed in German train crash, toll could rise
- Tunisian Islamists show strength at chief’s return Take: No surprise here. The Muslim Brotherhood is about to step up in Egypt.
- Mexicans vote in drug-war state, look to 2012 race
- Chavez’s new threat: Funding at risk for activists
- Thousands in Pakistan rally against American
- Cyclones to hit flood-weary Australia
- Egypt’s Crisis: Tehran Sees Potential Benefit But Nervously
- Egypt’s crackdown on protesters evokes Iran’s heavy hand in 2009 unrest
- Ore. town getting back to normal after manhunt
- Ivy League case tests Rockefeller drug law change
- Man arrested with explosives at Michigan mosque
- House Speaker Boehner warns against debt default
- Major winter storm expected to hit Great Plains, eastern states Take: It’s just global warming. If you don’t believe me, ask Al Gore.
- BP seeks fast track arbitration with TNK-BP
- Giffords husband to decide on space trip in mid-February
- Three Mexican murder suspects turn themselves in
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org