Jeremiah 12: 14-17:
Thus says Yahweh concerning all My wicked neighbors who strike at the inheritance with which I have endowed My people Israel, “Behold I am about to uproot them from their land and will uproot the house of Judah from among them. And it will come about that after I have uprooted them, I will again have compassion on them; and I will bring them back, each one to his inheritance and each one to his land. Then if they will really learn the ways of My people, to swear by My name, ‘As Yahweh lives,’ even as they taught My people to swear by Baal, they will be built up in the midst of My people. But if they will not listen, then I will uproot that nation, uproot and destroy it,” declares Yahweh. (Jeremiah 12: 14-17)
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would a newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
SnyderTalk.com YouTube Channel:
I post SnyderTalk video commentaries on the SnyderTalk.com YouTube Channel, and you can see them 24/7 in the column on the right under Pages.
Follow SnyderTalk video commentaries on Twitter – click here.
Email Distribution List:
If you would like to have your name added to my email distribution list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Add Me to Your Distribution List” in the subject line.
Word of Mouth is the Best Advertising:
Tell your friends about SnyderTalk.
Isaiah 59: 5-6—They hatch adders’ eggs and weave the spider’s web; he who eats of their eggs dies, and from that which is crushed a snake breaks forth. Their webs will not become clothing, nor will they cover themselves with their works; their works are works of iniquity, and an act of violence is in their hands.
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4: 6)
News Items of Interest:
- ‘Katsav lied, manipulated and withheld information’
- Moshe Katsav’s rape victim: Seven worst years of my life are over
- How did Israel go from Albert Einstein to Moshe Katsav?
- U.K. envoy said Israel ready to use nuclear bomb in 1980, newly released cables reveal
- Netanyahu: Palestinians evading negotiations with Israel
- Gaza militant groups agree to halt rocket attacks on Israel
- ‘Mossad, US, UK tried to sabotage Iran nuke program’
- Shin Bet: Iran main supplier of weaponry to Hamas in 2010
- Erekat: Boycott Settlements, not Israel
- Top Middle East story of 2010: The Stuxnet virus
- Israel sees gradual increase in Indian steps against Iran
- UN prepares to condemn Jewish life in Judea and Samaria
- Anti-Israel propaganda becomes mainstream entertainment in US
- U.S. Fears Faster Iran Nuclear Arms Progress
- Obama Names Ambassador to Syria
- U.S. Against Palestinian Anti-Settlement Resolution in Security Council
- Turkish Workers in Israel Protest Turkey’s Refusal to Extend Contract
- Israel’s Economy Expands by 4.5 Percent in 2010
- Hizbullah Fears Attacks from Lebanese Sunnis
- London University Apologizes for Map with No Israel
- PA Detains Journalist for Reporting on Tensions within Fatah Party
- Noble Energy Confirms Israel’s Largest Natural Gas Discovery
Israeli Uncensored News
- Is Iran Three Years Away From a Nuclear Bomb?
- The obligatory “R. Lee Ermey calls Obama a socialist” clip
- Tucker Carlson says Vick should have been “executed” for dog killings
“We have the greatest opportunity the world has ever seen, as long as we remain honest – which will be as long as we can keep the attention of our people alive. If they once become inattentive to public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, judges and governors would all become wolves.” (Thomas Jefferson)
The New York Times:
- Prosperity Starts With a Pea
- Primero Hay Que Aprender Español. Ranhou Zai Xue Zhongwen.
- The Can’t-Do Nation Take: I like this piece. “The most articulate of scolds can warn about how far behind the rest of the world our students are falling, about the frightening implications of a three-fold rise in child obesity, about the importance of a work ethic coupled with American creativity — and the country is barely stirred. But let someone suggest that a football game can’t be played in the snow, and you’ve got real trouble.” Keep in mind that Ed Rendell is a Democrat, so his perspective is warped. Now even the folks at the NYT know it. Will it change their point of view? I doubt it.
- Deficit Hypocrisy
- The Mean Season
- The Messianic Schoolmaster
The Wall Street Journal:
- Popes, Atheists and Freedom
- Internet Government
- ‘Death Panels’ Come Back to Life
- The Midwest Wind Surtax
- Snowblind in Gotham
- A New Model for Corporate Boards
The Washington Post:
- Black as coal
- What’s next for liberals
- No holiday from tyranny
- Say no to ROTC
- Foreign policy predictions
- 2010 – the year without brains
- Gay becomes bourgeois
- Etiquette for an accidental spit
- The ugly side of CFLs
The Los Angeles Times:
- School officials destroy girl’s college plans over knife mix-up
- New Hampshire 2012: The graveyard of RINOs?
- Feds investigating Christine O’Donnell for misusing campaign funds
- The emerging Democratic majority vs. the oncoming train
- Professors launch website encouraging people to donate their tax cut savings to charity
- Can-do billionaire technocrat: Okay, maybe we did a bad job with the snow removal
- Surprise! London arrests did have US connection after all
- Some conservative organizations to boycott CPAC over invitation to GOProud
- BLS to add new category to unemployment measurements
- Chavez dares Obama to cut diplomatic relations after rejecting envoy
- The American 21st Century
- $5 Gas Predicted Under Obama – What, No Pitchforks?
- A Truce in Culture Wars as Voters Focus on Economy
- She Told Us So
- Is Hacking Your Spouse’s E-Mail Truly a Crime?
- Uncle Sam: Hands off the Internet!
- Make Room For This View
- On Holder, Clapper, Escalated Rhetoric, the Chicago Way, Etc.
- 2012 Republican Primary Prognostication
- Another New NIV?
- There Is Always Fidel
- Napolitano Plays Grinch with Pilot’s First and Second Amendment Rights
- Liberals give ‘til it hurts (you)
Other Opinion Pieces:
- New principal shows ‘what a school could be’
- Getting Our Moral Mojo Back
- Man gets probation for killing neighbor after dog urinated on lawn
- Can NASA compete with privatized space program?
- Coffee drinkers get a purr with their buzz
- IHOP restaurant chain drops legal case against International House of Prayer
- Dopes of the Day: Fooled by Syria…Twice
- A fight is brewing in Maryland’s state house over allowing illegal immigrants to pay reduced in-state tuition.
- Why is China growing its navy?
- GOP goes all wobbly on Fannie and Freddie
- Irony alert: New York City creates special agency to help restaurants with bureaucracy
- Society for Professional Journalists says using the term ‘illegal immigrant’ is unconstitutional
- Britain Leads in Israeli Denial Efforts
- Mapping the Organizational Sources of the Global Delegitimization Campaign against Israel in the UK
- Building a Political Firewall against the Assault on Israel’s Legitimacy: London as a Case Study
- Everyone Does Not Know What Everyone Supposedly Knows
- Spain Goes on Mosque-Building Spree
The most important news event in 2010 was …
Picking the single most important news event for an entire year is difficult, and since opinions vary, there won’t be unanimity no matter which one you choose. Even so, the WikiLeaks revelations are at the top of my list.
To reach my final decision, I had to look past
- the obesity epidemic in the US which is getting harder to do every day since it’s an enormous and growing problem – no pun intended,
- Turkey joining the ranks of Islamist states,
- debt and deficit problems crippling European countries and raising hope in the United States that adults will finally take over Congress and the White House,
- death panels,
- abortion on demand with taxpayer support,
- gays in the military and the concomitant push for societal acceptance of the “gay lifestyle” which is anything but joyous as HIV infection rates, suicide, and other empirical data make painfully clear,
- Obamacare and the countless problems associated with it that are just now coming to our attention,
- blatant corruption in Afghanistan at US taxpayers’ expense,
- North Korea behaving badly again and again and again,
- Iran trying to develop nuclear weapons and run the show in the Middle East,
- the nations of the world calling for a halt to Israeli “settlements” in Jerusalem – Israel’s capital city,
- the rapidly growing number of Islamofascist terrorist attacks globally,
- global cooling – or is it warming – the data says cooling,
- and the list goes on.
I finally settled on the WikiLeaks revelations because they prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that government officials across the globe tend to be underhanded, sneaky, duplicitous, double-dealing, and otherwise corrupt. That’s not “news” in a literal sense, but WikiLeaks proved it to all but the most ardent believers in benevolent government control. As we say in the Deep South, there ain’t no such animal.
The Founding Fathers of the United States understood human behavior, and they set up a system of government that’s supposed to protect us from individual excesses. It’s worked well by-and-large for more than 2 centuries, but the liberal progressives among us still think they know better than the rest of us exactly what each one of us needs to do. They are flagrantly wrong on many issues as empirical evidence makes clear, but they continue to insist that they have a perfect monopoly on wisdom. It would be laughable if they didn’t have unswerving political support from about a third of our population.
But the most important reason that I chose the WikiLeaks revelations was because they demonstrate convincingly that we shouldn’t put our hope in man or in man-made systems of government. We have no hope except Yahweh. I’ll follow Him. I hope you’ll join me.
Have a happy new year!
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- Protests intensify in Bolivia over gasoline prices
- Russia’s Khodorkovsky sentenced, West concerned
- Venezuela condemns “imperial” U.S. visa reprisal
- Three charged over plot to attack Danish newspaper
- Europe Learns No Nation is Immune to Terror
- Police: Baby thrown out hospital window in Jamaica
- U.N. advisers fear Ivory Coast ethnic strife
- ‘Genocide’ in Ivory Coast: A real threat, or just politics?
- The Ivory Coast Crisis: A Turning Point for West Africa?
- Pakistan to fight US law suit against spies
- Boy dies after fall into NZ geothermal pool
- Why there’s still no death toll for the Christmas Eve bombings in Nigeria
- Gambian Families Left Homeless by Floods
- Murkowski certified winner of Alaska Senate race
- Storms dump heavy rain, snow on parts of West
- O’Donnell: Spending accusations are ‘thug’ tactics
- Budget woes force state parks to delay maintenance
- What you pay for Medicare won’t cover your costs
- Daughter, wife of AZ official accused in sex case
- Kidney parole condition raises ethical questions
- Rattner settles with Cuomo for $10 million
- Dollar weakens broadly, stocks lose ground
- Minnesota sues 3M over pollution claims
- Ford recalls F-series pickups, Edge, Lincoln MKX
- Groupon eyes IPO by end of 2011: report
- NYC mayor says snowstorm was `unacceptable’
- Ohio child cancers confound parents, investigators
- Securing New Year’s Eve in Times Square
- US teen birth rate still far higher than W. Europe
- Cleanup of oil-tainted Gulf Coast nears end
- Gulf spill fund adviser being paid with BP cash
- Texas, EPA fight over regulations grows fierce
Richard Rives with Just the Facts
In the writings known as Historia Augusta, a collection of the biographies of second and third century Roman emperors, we find that Hadrian’s law against circumcision was the specific cause of the Bar Kokhba rebellion of 132 A.D. Jewish writings state that the rebellion began as a result of the fact that Jews were forbidden to study and practice Torah, the first five books of the Old Testament. Some specifically mention Roman decrees which forbade circumcision and the observance of the Sabbath.
It should have been expected that Jewish people would rebel, and that they did. The devastating revolt, known as the Bar Kokhba rebellion, would see hundreds of thousands of Jewish people slaughtered, exiled or sold into slavery. The name of Judea would be changed to Palestine and most importantly it would cause a final split between Christians and unbelieving Jewish people. Up until that time historical records document the fact that those who believed that Jesus was Messiah studied side by side with unbelieving Jews.
Why the split? A man by the name of Akiba, known today as the father of Rabbinical Judaism would proclaim a man by the name of Simeon ben Kosiba to be the Messiah of Israel. After changing ben Kosibas name to Kokhba in an attempt to fulfill messianic prophesies – by Rabbinical decree Bar Kokhba was proclaimed to be Messiah. Quite a public relations spin all the way back in the second century. Well, Christians could not support a rebellion led by a false Messiah. Yeshua, Jesus Christ the Messiah of Israel, had already come and they were not about to deny it.
During this time period the anti-scriptural oral traditions which Jesus had condemned would become the basis of Talmudic Judaism-a form of Judaism based on the traditions of men that has led many Christians to reject Old Testament precepts which are actually the basis of true Christianity.
For an example: Based on oral tradition – the rules and regulations of the scribes and Pharisees – Jesus was falsely accused of breaking the fourth commandment regarding Sabbath observance. He did not break the commandment – for if He had done so He would not have been a sinless sacrifice. What Jesus broke was the ridiculous man made rules and regulations – the oral tradition. He told them that they were teaching for doctrine the commandments of men and had nothing good to say about them. Just read Matthew Chapter 23 and you will see what I mean.
Today, because of Yeshua’s stand against non scriptural tradition, there are those who would tell us that Jesus taught by His example that the sabbath can be disregarded. As the book of Titus warns: Do not give “heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.”
Contending for the faith once delivered to the Saints:
I’m Richard Rives with Just the Facts.
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org