Shalu shalom Yerushalayim: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. (Psalm 122: 6)
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would a newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to email@example.com, and put “add me to your distribution list” in the subject line. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Scripture of the day:
Isaiah 45: 10-13—“Woe to him who says to a father, ‘What are you begetting?’ or to a woman, ‘To what are you giving birth?’” Thus says Yahweh, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: ‘Ask Me about the things to come concerning My sons, and you shall commit to Me the work of My hands. It is I who made the earth, and created man upon it. I stretched out the heavens with My hands and I ordained all their host. I have aroused him in righteousness and I will make all his ways smooth; he will build My city and will let My exiles go free, without any payment or reward,’ says Yahweh Sabaoth.”
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4: 6)
News Items of Interest:
- Abbas aides defiant on settlement freeze ahead of Mitchell meet
- PLO: Talks won’t continue unless freeze decision reversed
- Egypt FM: Lieberman’s views do not represent Israel
- EU’s Ashton: Israel must extend settlement freeze to give talks a chance
- Iran puts off Bushehr nuclear plant launch to early 2011
- UN panel backs critical Gaza flotilla raid report
- South African academics reject call to boycott Israeli university
- U.S. sanctions Iran officials over ‘human rights violations’
- Hizbullah to block funding for UN Hariri investigation
- Netanyahu: I am committed to peace with Palestinians
- Dozens march in J’lem to protest gender segregation
- U.S. Asks Israel to Weigh 60-Day Settlement-Freeze Extension
- Gaza’s Troubled Tunnel Trade Swings into Reverse
- Chinese Ambassador: We Support Integrating the Israeli Mind in the Chinese Market to Generate Miracles
- Israel Makes Major Gains in Raising Life Expectancy
- Boycott Turns into “Buycott” for West Bank Lotions
- Palestinians at Work Building Jewish Settlements
- PA Maintains Palestinian Refugees in Ghetto
Israeli Uncensored News
“I’m not a conspiracy buff, never have been, but I haven’t buried my head in the sand either. The old adage says, ‘Where there is smoke, there is fire.’ Well, there’s plenty of smoke so pretending there’s no fire defies logic and common sense.” Neil Snyder
- Video: The New World Order—A Wake Up Call
- Video: Mass chipping in UK has begun
- Video: How the media controls your mind
- Video: Conditioning through entertainment
- Video: A lesson in mind control—Barack Obama
- Video: Obama’s New World Order
- Video: Glenn Beck warns of New World Order
- Video: Henry Kissinger New World Order—2007
- Video: Obama calls for New World Order in Berlin
- Video: The New World Order is here
- Video: North American Union
Ephesians 6: 12—“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” (Anonymous)
- Elliott Abrams: Israeli-Palestinian Peace Talks Are Suspended. So What?
“The sky is not falling. Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations were suspended on Sunday, perhaps briefly and perhaps for months, after Israel’s 10-month moratorium on settlement construction expired. Palestinian officials said they would refuse to talk if construction restarted, and so they did. Yet war hasn’t broken out, nor will it.”
- Uriel Heilman: Why Israel Allowed the Settlement Freeze to Expire
“In the four weeks since direct Israeli-Palestinian peace talks resumed, settlement construction has been identified widely as the most immediate obstacle to the survival of negotiations.”
“Right after the War of Independence, prime minister David Ben-Gurion faced inexorably difficult pressures over the future of Jerusalem. The UN planned to press its case for internationalization. Its grounds were General Assembly Resolution 181, adopted in 1947 and known as the partition plan, which not only advocated the establishment of Jewish and Arab states in former British Mandatory Palestine, but also recommended putting Jerusalem under UN control as a corpus separatum, or separate entity.”
- Rabbi Hillel Goldberg: My least favorite ‘text’ is the Torah
“Is not the Torah the text par excellence? Is not the Torah rich and subtle and rewarding in some places, and obscure in others? The answer is yes, but the Torah is still not a text.”
- Barry Rubin: Arrest Shows What’s Really Going on in Turkey: An Increasingly Repressive Islamist Regime
“The Western media can talk all it wants to about the regime in Turkey as reformist and democratic. Didn’t it just sponsor a referendum that increased freedoms? But this is for show. Here’s an example of the reality.”
- Barry Rubin: Is the U.S. Government and West Generally Starting to Comprehend the Real Issues and Problems in the Middle East?
“After acceding to U.S. requests for nine months by freezing construction on existing Jewish settlements in the West Bank and also not building over the pre-1967 frontier in Jerusalem, Israel got nothing.”
- Thomas H. Maugh II: Heart bypass surgery underused, study says
“Tens or even hundreds of thousands of Americans are having coronary artery angioplasty and stenting every year when they should be having bypass grafts, and the result is an extra 5,000 or more deaths annually.”
- Marybeth Hicks: Finding the source of floating babies
“Social scientists use the parable of the “floating babies” to remind us that we can’t solve a problem until we know its source.”
- Jonah Goldberg: Stephen Colbert: Can’t Handle the Truthiness?
“Stephen Colbert’s ‘testimony’ before Congress last week was a clear sign that ironic rot (if you’ve got a better term, let me know) is sinking into the foundation of our political system.”
- David Zucchino: U.S. military training adjusts its aim
“For the first time in years, Army troops are training for “full-spectrum operations” — mounting large strikes against all types of enemies, not just insurgents.”
- John Stossel: Taxing the Rich
“Progressives want to raise taxes on individuals who make more than $200,000 a year because they say it’s wrong for the rich to be ‘given’ more money. Sunday’s New York Times carries a cartoon showing Uncle Sam handing money to a fat cat. They just don’t get it.”
- Nat Hentoff: Meet my teacher of the year
“For years, there has been an insistent demand for ‘diversity’ – equal access by race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, etc. – in education, employment, health care and other lifelong definitions of being an American. These battles for equal opportunity continue in the courts and legislatures. However, in the accelerating, contentious emphasis on education reform, there is a growing discovery of another crucial meaning of ‘diversity.’”
- Roger Simon: Obama Without the Magic Wand
“’But I guess I started to believe, on some small level, that he had a magic wand,’ she (Velma Hart) said.”
- Dick Morris: The Obliteration of a Generation of Democrats
“The modern record is a loss of 74 seats set in 1922, by the Democrats, at the height of the Harding/Teapot Dome scandals. This year, the Democrats will lose at least 80 House seats and perhaps as many as 100, and will also lose control of the Senate.”
- Michelle Malkin: Big Labor, Not Tea Party, Is Workers’ Worst Enemy
“The Service Employees International Union plans to send 25,000 rank-and-file workers on 500 buses to Washington this weekend to protest the tea party movement, Republicans and Fox News. If SEIU members had any sense, they’d be demonstrating at their own bosses’ D.C. headquarters. It’s the Big Labor Left, not the Tea Party Right, that is flushing rank-and-file union workers’ hard-earned dues down the collective toilet in these hard times.”
“The feds are probing former labor leader Andy Stern – one of the most frequent visitors to the Obama White House last year – in a corruption investigation of the Service Employees International Union, according to sources who have been interviewed and media reports….The White House had no response.”
- Thomas Sowell: Random Thoughts
“I would vote against anyone who plays the race card. Race and politics have been an explosive mixture in countries around the world.”
- Michael Barone: Dems retreat to coasts as GOP rules vast interior
“The map of the Senate races shows Republicans leading over almost all the landmass of America. Democrats are ahead in the three West Coast states and Hawaii (though not by much in California and Washington) and by 1 point in Nevada. They’re also ahead in four states along the Atlantic Coast – Maryland, Delaware, New York, Connecticut – plus Vermont.”
- Brent Bozell: Obama: Not Rough Enough?
“NBC Universal is getting ridiculous with its shameless courting of President Obama. On the morning of Sept. 27, NBC’s Matt Lauer interviewed Obama for a half-hour with no commercials. But it wasn’t just on NBC. Their devotion to El Jefe is so transparent they aired it live on most of their other cable properties, including MSNBC, USA, Syfy, Bravo, Oxygen, Chiller, Sleuth, Universal HD and Universal Sports.”
- Austin Bay: China’s Turbulent Moment
“Chinese ‘workers are becoming harder to find and to keep,’ The Economist magazine recently reported. ‘Strikes have been unusual in their frequency…their longevity and their targets….’ The Economist argued this is ultimately good news for planet Earth.”
- Ben Shapiro: President Obama: He’s Just Not That Into Us
“President Obama’s old sloganeering has worn thin. It’s time for a new motto for the most powerful man in the world. And he’s up to the challenge. Obama’s new slogan: ‘It’s not me, it’s you.’”
- Bill Murchison: A Nation Starting (Maybe) to Turn
“A nation of 300 million souls – richest and most powerful in the world, for all its messes and perturbations – needs a turning radius wide as the future. But you know what – realization precedes intellectual assent, which precedes needed action. There’s much to be hopeful about as the nation goes in for its electoral physical.”
- Charlie Spiering: Who is Rush Limbaugh’s ‘most admired’ politician?
“Rush Limbaugh made a rare TV appearance on the Fox News Channel with Greta Van Susteren last night, who asked him the following question: Which politician currently do you admire most or impresses you the most?”
- Mark Hemingway: Global warming and EPA’s threat to regulate … everything
“In 2003, the Environmental Protection Agency concluded that it lacked authority under the Clean Air Act to regulate carbon emissions as the cause of global warming.”
“In May of last year, after several visits to the White House by the trial bar’s top lobbyists, Obama signed an obscure memorandum ordering federal regulators to re-examine rules that make it harder for trial lawyers to sue federally regulated businesses in state courts.”
- Benny Morris: No love for Muslims, unless they’re Palestinian
“Christopher Hitchens, one of the most important journalists in the English-speaking world (a columnist for Vanity Fair, a contributing editor to The Atlantic), is of two minds about the Islamic Arab world. Or, rather, for him it is divided in two – the Palestinians and all the rest.”
Inking a deal that creates an international trusteeship to govern the “Holy Basin” may be difficult, but quelling the violence it will spawn will be impossible.
In an op-ed for the Jerusalem Post, Ehud Olmert, former Prime Minister of Israel and former Jerusalem mayor, suggested turning over governance of the “Holy Basin” to an international trusteeship. (See The terms for an accord.)
What is the “Holy Basin”? The answer to that question will be controversial no matter who tries to define the boundary, but generally it refers to an area that includes the Old City of Jerusalem, the Temple Mount, the Western Wall (i.e., the Kotel), the Kidron Valley (also known as the Valley of Jehoshaphat), and the Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
Inking a deal may be difficult, but quelling the violence it will spawn will be impossible. There are people on both sides who revere the “Holy Basin”. In their minds, turning it over to anyone is totally unacceptable.
It’s interesting to watch men attempt to settle a dispute about this particular piece of real estate because it’s the epicenter of the land Yahweh promised to Abraham and his descendants through Isaac and Jacob, and He talked about it specifically. This is what Yahweh told the prophet Joel:
“For behold, in those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations; and they have divided up My land.” (Joel 3: 1-2)
Yes indeed, we are living in some exciting times.
The Holy Basin from Atop the Hill of Evil Counsel—Current Home of the UN in Jerusalem
In the Kidron Valley Looking Up at the Temple Mount
If you haven’t been there already, you should take the opportunity to visit Natural Healthcare Store. Each product selected for sale at Natural Healthcare Store undergoes rigorous research to make sure that it is the highest quality at an affordable price.
Natural Healthcare Store carries skin care, hair care, and oral care products. Be sure to check out the Dead Sea products imported from Israel and support the Israeli economy with your purchases. Natural Healthcare Store carries makeup, deodorant, and detoxification products. It also carries supplements, weight loss products, and loose leaf tea. Rounding out its product mix, Natural Healthcare Store carries natural household cleaning products.
Katie and I believe strongly in healthy living, and we use the products. We’re proud to say that our daughter Melanie owns the store.
- CIA Steps Up Drone Attacks in Pakistan Amid Fear of al-Qaeda Terror in Europe
- 2 known dead, 12 missing after storm soaks Jamaica
- Terror plot in Europe prompted drone strikes
- 30 Gulf cartel suspects captured in north Mexico
- Europeans protest, strike against austerity moves
- Workers swarm Europe’s streets in anti-cuts protests
- Japan defense chief eyes China talks: report
- BP ousts exploration chief, vows to boost safety
- Congress punts tough choice until after election
- Whitman denies she knew housekeeper was illegal
- Woman pleads not guilty in Wash. in acid hoax case
- Pastor accuser: Sex encounters on church grounds
- Could ‘Goldilocks’ planet be just right for life?
- Palin gets protective order over alleged threats
- Police: Judge hands out condoms hidden in acorns
- House passes bill aimed at Chinese yuan
- Consumer czar says wants banks’ help on rules
- Regulators vow team effort on financial reform
- Ex-President Carter in hospital with virus
- Congress funding fight may delay Wall Street reforms
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org