Shalu shalom Yerushalayim: Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. (Psalm 122: 6)
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
- Read SnyderTalk the way you would a newspaper.
- Scan the headlines and read the articles that interest you.
- Be sure to check out the pages in the column on the right.
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to email@example.com. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Scripture of the day:
Isaiah 38: 19-20—“It is the living who give thanks to You, as I do today; a father tells his sons about Your faithfulness. Yahweh will surely save me; so we will play my songs on stringed instruments all the days of our life at the house of Yahweh.”
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4: 6)
News Items of Interest:
- U.N. rights body tells Israel to end Gaza blockade
- Arab journalist: Gaza’s problem is not Israel
- ‘Messiah’ attacked on Tel Aviv streets
- Arab League Backs Palestinian Refusal to Immediately Restart Direct Talks with Israel
- Palestinians Hold to Preconditions for Peace Talks
- Why Is Abbas Avoiding Direct Talks with Israel?
- Diplomats: Abbas Preparing to Hold Direct Talks with Israel
- The Palestinian Authority Struggles to Sabotage Any Chance for Peace
- Israel believes Abbas will bide time on direct talks until settlement freeze nears end
- Rocket from Gaza Hits Israeli City
- Israel to UN: Rocket attack on Ashkelon a reminder of the dangers emanating from Gaza
- Rocket Explodes in Heart of Ashkelon
- Gaza Friday Sermon on Hamas TV: Muslims Should Wage Jihad to Liberate the Al-Aqsa Mosque from the Filth of the Jews
- Report: Hizbullah Commander’s Brother-in-Law Prime Suspect in Hariri Killing
- German Spy in the Mideast: “Arab Intelligence Agencies Too Busy Protecting Regimes to Be Effective”
- No “Linkage” of Israeli-Palestinian Dispute to Other Regional Conflicts
- Do We Really Want Direct Talks between Israelis and Palestinians?
- The Nakba Obsession: The Biggest Obstacle to Peace
- Does Jordan Practice Apartheid Against Palestinians?
- Can New York Times Reports on Israel Be Trusted?
- For Biased Critics of Israel, Even Its Defensive Actions Violate Human Rights
- Food Co-op Shows Hatred toward Israel
- Springtime for Jew-Haters
- To the Chorus of Chronic, Compulsive Critics of Israel
- The Kindness of Israelis
- Israeli Sniff-Detector Allows Paralyzed People to Write Messages, Surf the Net and Drive a Wheelchair
- Israel Museum in Jerusalem Reopens After $100 Million Renovation
- Wanted Nazi Suspect Charged in Germany
- Gruesome Charges Detailed Against Suspected Nazi
- Poll: Israeli Jews Oppose Additional Unilateral Withdrawal
Israel’s Security Needs
- Video: Israel’s Critical Security Needs for a Viable Peace
- Video: Full Netanyahu UN Speech 9/24/2009
- Video: Dr. Dore Gold: US should support Israel’s right to defensible borders
- Video: President Obama Meets with President Abbas
- Video: Davos Annual Meeting 2010—Conversation with Jordan’s King Abdullah
- Video: Davos Annual Meeting 2010—Rethinking the balance of power in the Middle East
- The Mount of Olives in Jerusalem: Why Continued Israeli Control Is Vital
The Mount of Olives. You can see evidence of vandalism by Muslims in Jerusalem who desecrate the graves of Jewish people. It happens on a regular basis. Their animosity toward Jews is so strong you can feel it.
- Video: Obama: Nothing new in leaked Afghan documents
- Video: Outrage over huge leak of Afghan war files
- Video: Hundreds Seek Shelter From Crown Fire
- Video: The Woman at the Center of Immigration Debate
- Video: Rangel Likely To Settle, Avoid Public Ethics Trial
- Video: Rangel Still Attempts To Avoid Public Trial
- Video: FBI scrutinized over test cheating
- Video: Elisabeth Hasselbeck Reacts to Obama’s ‘View’
- Video: SEIU’s Shocking Immigration Video
- Video: Brewer: Not Backing Down
- Video: Problems Worsening at Arlington National Cemetery
- Video: O’Reilly’s ‘View’ of Obama’s Daytime TV Appearance
- Video: Beck: Is White House Following a Blueprint?
- Video: Arizona Protesters Chain Selves to Jail
- Video: Garlic Powerful Medicine
- Video: The Boycott Divestment Sanctions (BDS) Movement Seeks the Destruction of Israel
- Video: Palestinian Corruption and Humanitarian Aid
SnyderTalk Commentary: Anthony Weiner should cut back on the caffeine, way back.
- The Enablers of Charlie Rangel
- The Oliver Stone danger
- A Democrat Goes into a Psychiatrist’s Office …
- A Crisis Gone to Waste
- The ‘Watch Me Generation’ Should Watch Out
- Of Arms and the Man
- Growing Up with POTUS
- Hope exists for immigration ‘down payment’
- Can ‘Eurabia’ be far behind?
- Hilarity in the courtroom
- Who hung the President out to dry? (Who ever did this to the President should be fired!) and Gibbs? He makes it worse with his comments!
- A battle between Left and Right — inside the GOP
- Shirley Sherrod unlikely to succeed in court against Andrew Breitbart
- Tea Party not really racist but so what?
- Obama looks to ‘The View’ for elusive popularity bounce
- For someone who disdains polls, Obama sure spends a lot on them
- Biden’s “pretend war” against “corporate interests”
- 2011 W-2 Tax Forms—Surprise, surprise!
- Farmers in India Benefit from Israeli Techniques
Oliver Stone May Have Apologized, but I Don’t Buy It
- Oliver Stone Rails Against Jews
- Oliver Stone apologises for claim Hitler was a ‘scapegoat’ in World War Two ‘who did more damage to Russia than Jews’
- Oliver Stone’s foot in mouth disease
SnyderTalk Commentary: I would give Oliver Stone The Dunce Award, but I can’t because he’s not a dunce. A dunce is a person who is incapable of learning. Obviously, Mr. Stone can learn. His off-the-wall movies are proof that he has learned to turn his crackbrained theories into millions of dollars of personal wealth. He’s the consummate Hollywood “Pet Rock” peddler.
Mr. Stone suffers from foot in mount disease as Brent Bozell correctly points out in his article above (Oliver Stone’s foot in mouth disease), but I think he is also deranged. Anyone who can sit down with Hugo Chavez and even pretend admiration is moving toward insanity if he hasn’t already arrived (Oliver Stone and Hugo Chávez: A Love Story). Hugo Chavez regularly demonstrates behaviors that suggest he is a certifiable lunatic. His latest escapade with the bones of Simon Bolivar is an excellent example (Behind exhumation of Simon Bolivar is Hugo Chavez’s warped obsession).
Mr. Stone has reached the point in his ignominious career where he must believe people don’t just care what he thinks. He presumes that they can’t wait to hear his latest wacky interpretation of the facts. That’s a form of megalomania, an affliction common to tyrannical dictators like Adolf Hitler and Hugo Chavez and so-called “movie stars” like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. It must afflict some writers and directors as well. While I can’t give Stone The Dunce Award, I can say that he now lives in the rarified air where absurdity and madness converge. His delusions of grandeur set him apart, and for Tinseltown, that’s saying a lot.
If You Think It’s Just Arizona, Think Again
SnyderTalk Commentary: While Arizona is attracting all the attention, look at what Oklahoma has done:
- Oklahoma will publicly display the Ten Commandments
- Oklahoma will collect DNA samples for a federal database from criminals and illegal aliens
- Oklahoma will deport illegal aliens if arrested for criminal activity
- Oklahoma will declare itself a sovereign state
- Oklahoma gun law confirms the right to bear arms
- Iranian Sanctions Impact Depends on Waivers, Timing
- Iran starts feeling heat
- Sanction Multipliers: New Laws Would Get Tough on Companies that Affiliate with Mullahs
- Iran’s Nuclear Puppet-Master
- The Expanding Business Empire of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards
- How the CIA Got It Wrong on Iran’s Nukes
- China opposes EU’s Iran sanctions
- Palestinian Tycoons with Libya Links behind Tory Donations
- Sarkozy threatens immigrants who target police
- China overtakes Japan as No.2 economy: FX chief
- Floods kill more than 400 in Pakistan’s northwest
- Afghan police fire shots to quell protest after accident
- Syria, Saudi leaders urge Lebanon rivals to avoid violence
- Evidence grows that soldier leaked secret military documents
- In U.S.: 1,211 Anti-Semitic Incidents in 2009
- California Insurers Divest $400 Million in Iran-Related Assets
- US casualties in Afghanistan soar to record highs
- Arizona sheriff not relenting after court ruling
- House investigators recommended Rangel reprimand
- Incoming BP CEO: Time for ‘scaleback’ in cleanup
- Agency weighs skirting Congress on immigration
- BP to try well kill Tuesday
- Imports slow second-quarter growth
- House vote seen close on oil spill bill
- Fire prompts evacuation of 2,000 homes north of L.A
- Democratic congressman fires staffer for ‘Jewish money’ list
Richard Rives with Just the Facts:
About 20 years ago I found out that many of the things that I had been taught in church for most of my life were not based on what the Bible teaches, but rather on traditions that were gradually developed over the past 2000 years. These traditions have become so accepted that few people question them or even think about questioning them. The Bible warns us to beware of such deceptive man made traditions.
Today, believers around the world are realizing that what many of us have been taught in church is not the faith of the believers that walked and talked with Jesus. Having said that, I would like to make it clear that I am not saying that people who go to church are bad people or that Christianity is a bad thing. What I am saying is that most of us who grew up in traditional churches were taught some things that are just not true.
Most people are unfamiliar with the information that I present in these commentaries and many assume that because it is much different from what they hear in church it has to be incorrect, but that is not the case. The theology books that are studied in seminaries are full of information that confirms the facts that I share.
As believers we are responsible. What is our faith based on? Is it based on the Bible; or is it based on the ever changing traditions that theologians have developed over the years? If concepts devised by men do not agree with Biblical concepts, who are we going to believe? Are we going to believe the Biblical record or will we put our trust in man?
In the Book of Jeremiah, we read of a time when the Gentiles will come to the Lord and say, “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.” I encourage you to carefully consider the information that I present each week. Check it out for yourself. Ask questions of those you trust until you get straight answers. When I did that, I was surprised by what I learned. I believe that you will be too.
Contending for the faith once delivered to the Saints:
I’m Richard Rives with Just the Facts.
SnyderTalk Commentary: The quote from Jeremiah mentioned above by Richard Rives is found in Jeremiah 16: 19-21. This is how it reads:
O Yahweh, my strength and my stronghold, and my refuge in the day of distress, to You the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, “Our fathers have inherited nothing but falsehood, futility and things of no profit.” Can man make gods for himself? Yet they are not gods! “Therefore behold, I am going to make them know—this time I will make them know My power and My might; and they shall know that My name is Yahweh.” (Jeremiah 16: 19-21)
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org