“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Scripture of the Day:
Isaiah 16: 11-14—“Therefore my heart intones like a harp for Moab and my inward feelings for Kir-hareseth. So it will come about when Moab presents himself, when he wearies himself upon his high place and comes to his sanctuary to pray, that he will not prevail. This is the word which Yahweh spoke earlier concerning Moab. But now Yahweh speaks, saying, ‘Within three years, as a hired man would count them, the glory of Moab will be degraded along with all his great population, and his remnant will be very small and impotent.’”
Currently, I am putting up bite sized pieces of His Name is Yahweh in SnyderTalk Commentary. If you haven’t read it, it will be a treat for you. If you have read it, you will probably enjoy reading it again. Don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. You can download the entire manuscript for free at His Name is Yahweh, or you can buy it in Kindle format from Amazon for just $5.
I have left out several footnotes. Please go to the website His Name is Yahweh and download the manuscript. It has all the footnotes, and it’s free.
Everyone Who Calls on the Name of Yahweh Will be Saved
John chapter 12 tells about Yeshua’s return to Jerusalem for Passover the year He was crucified. When the time for His death drew near, He said, “Now My soul has become troubled; and what shall I say, ‘Father, save Me from this hour? But for this purpose I came to this hour. Father, glorify Your Name.’ There came a Voice out of heaven: ‘I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.’” (John 12: 27-28)
In these verses, Yeshua is referring to His own Name—Yahweh, and the Father is alluding to the glorification of His Name brought about by Yeshua’s redemptive work. He is the Son, and He is the One and only personification and manifestation of the Father. That is exactly what Yeshua meant when He said, “He who believes in Me, does not believe in Me but in Him who sent Me. He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me.” (John 12: 44-45)
John chapter 17 is the prayer Yeshua prayed just before His trial and crucifixion. It is especially revealing given our discussion in the last chapter:
- “I have manifested Your Name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world.” (John 17: 6) In other words, Yeshua is the manifestation of Yahweh.
- “….Holy Father, keep them in Your Name, the Name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your Name which you have given Me.” (John 17: 11-12) In other words, Yahweh the Father gave the Name “Yahweh” to His Son— Yeshua.
- “….I have made Your Name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love wherewith You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.” (John 17: 26) In other words, Yeshua is the personification of Yahweh.
Yeshua came to fulfill the Law, to inaugurate the New Covenant, and to make Yahweh’s Name known again. (Dodd, C.H. The Interpretation of the Fourth Gospel, Cambridge University Press, 1958, p. 96) Look closely at John 17: 22-23. These two verses, which are part of the same prayer, capture the essence of Yeshua’s mission on earth: “The glory which you have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are One; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.” (John 17: 22-23)
Below is a depiction of what the Messiah did for us:
Yeshua’s blood sacrifice atoned for our sins, reconciled us with the Father, and restored the intimacy with Him that was lost when Adam sinned. That is the heart and soul of the New Covenant.
Throughout the Scriptures, Yahweh made it clear that we have salvation in His Name. For example, consider these verses:
- Isaiah 12: 2—“Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for Adonai Yahweh is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation.”
- Isaiah 43: 3—“For I am Yahweh your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”
- Isaiah 43:11—“I, even I, am Yahweh, and there is no savior besides Me.”
- Proverbs 18: 10—“The Name of Yahweh is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe.”
- Joel 2: 32, Acts 2: 21, and Romans 10: 13—“And it will come about that whoever calls on the Name of Yahweh will be saved.”
As you can see, in the Bible, we are told repeatedly that we have salvation in Yahweh’s Name. Now consider Acts 4: 12—“And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.” Since the Bible is consistent from Genesis to Revelation, the Name to which this verse refers must be Yahweh, and no other name.
His Name is Yahweh Audio Presentation:
Track 4: Yahweh said He is our only Savior
After you listen to this track, please share it with your friends and family. You can download the entire presentation for free at His Name is Yahweh.
News Items of Interest:
- U.S. Congressman lashes out at Obama over Israel remarks
- Clinton: U.S. won’t impose peace deal, but Israel must do more
- Background to Crisis with Syria
- Surrendering an ally is no strategy at all
Commonsense: President Obama’s missteps in the Middle East have created a tinderbox that could explode into a full-scale conflagration in less time than it takes Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to scream, “Death to the United States.” Congressman Eric Cantor was right to call the president on the carpet because he is putting us at risk. Even more disconcerting, he’s turning his back on our only friend in the region hoping to curry favor with our avowed enemies. It’s time for all members of Congress to speak out.
It’s becoming increasingly obvious that the Obama administration isn’t up to the task of mediating in the Middle East and that they don’t appreciate the gravity of the mess they’ve manufactured. Israel has been seeking peace with its Arab neighbors since 1948. Read the Hamas and Palestinian Charters in the Pages in the column on the right to see what they have gotten in return. Secretary of State Clinton’s remarks are ridiculous, downright laughable. She, Joe Biden, Rahm Emanuel, David Axelrod, and the president himself are leading this nation down a path we don’t want to take. If Congress doesn’t act now, the remainder of President Obama’s term will be loaded with unnecessary and avoidable danger.
Also, take a look at the page in the column on the right titled “Yahweh’s Promises Concerning the Promised Land”. Those promises might not mean anything to our president and his minions, but they matter to Yahweh because He honors His Word. As Yahweh told Jeremiah, “You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it.” (Jeremiah 1: 12)
Taking a stand against Yahweh is idiotic. When leaders of nations do it, lots of innocent people suffer needlessly.
- Olmert’s political career ended in a sad TV announcement
- Lebanese villagers dismantle part of Israel border fence
- Can Obama stop the slaying of Isaac and Ishmael?
- Hezbollah: Our missiles are none of Israel’s business
- Iraq PM: Sunni-backed bloc must be in government
- Iran bars reformist leader from Japan conference
- IDF troops kill Palestinian in clashes at Gaza border
- Malaysia warns Iran after cutting off gasoline supplies
- Far Left Israeli paper manufactures spy scandal to harm Jewish State
- Day Five of a Five-Part Series: Greenlining hits the road, targets private foundations
- Is Greenlining in financial trouble?
- Does Romneycare=Obamacare? Cato says yes
- Are the Actions of Iran’s Leaders Truly Unacceptable to America?
- Obama’s Nuclear Posturing, Part Deux
- We Have Overcome
- Who wins in 2010? Good luck reading the tea leaves
- White House trying to scale back Obama’s pledge on taxes
- Tea Party flocks to DC for Tax Day
- Obama Backs Off “Imposed Settlement” Idea
- Canada: A Case Study on Attitudes Toward Middle East Issues
- UK Bans Western Wall from Israel Tourism Ads
- On to Mars: Obama declares, ‘I expect to see it’
- Obama Renews Call for Bipartisanship, Takes Jab at Tea Partiers
- Rights groups slam Hamas executions
- Pope Benedict calls for Catholic church penance
- Obama Reports $5.5 Million in Income
- Subpoenas Sought for Information on Shootings
- An Imam and Informant Tells Why He Lied
- France, Israel strengthen bilateral relations amid protest
- SEC accuses Goldman Sachs of civil fraud
- March housing starts gain on multifamily building
- British bishop convicted on Holocaust denial charge
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org