“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Websites you need to see:
- Friends of the Israel Defense Forces
- Israel: About Israel, The Israel Project, Tourist Information, the Holocaust, Israel map, Israel’s War of Independence, the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War, the First Intifada, the Second Intifada, Arab-Israel conflict, and anti-Semitism
- The Temple Institute
- Video: The Aaronic Blessing—This is a beautiful video rendition of The Aaronic Blessing (Numbers 6: 24-26) in Hebrew and English, but notice that the title Adonai is used instead of the Name Yahweh. That is in keeping with a Jewish tradition that dates back to the mid-second century B.C., but you can be certain about this fact. Yahweh’s Name is essential to The Aaronic Blessing and should be there.
- Video: He is Yahweh
Scripture Quote of the Day:
Isaiah 9: 6-7—“For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from then on and forevermore. The zeal of Yahweh Sabaoth will accomplish this.”
Currently, I am putting up bite sized pieces of His Name is Yahweh in SnyderTalk Commentary. If you haven’t read it, it will be a treat for you. If you have read it, you will probably enjoy reading it again. Don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. You can download the entire manuscript for free at His Name is Yahweh, or you can buy it in Kindle format from Amazon for just $5.
I have left out several footnotes. Please go to the website His Name is Yahweh and download the manuscript. It has all the footnotes, and it’s free.
Yahweh is One—Yahweh Echad
Deuteronomy 6: 4-5 is known as “The Shema”. Many Jewish people read and recite it daily. “Shema” (shem-ah’) is a Hebrew word that means to hear and to obey what you hear. It should be interpreted as a command. Deuteronomy 6: 4-5 says, “Hear, O Israel! Yahweh is our God, Yahweh is One! You shall love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.”
“Echad” (ekh-awd’) is the Hebrew word translated as “One” in The Shema. The Bible uses “echad” in other ways that make its meaning clear. For example,
- “Echad” appears in Genesis 2: 24 where Yahweh explains the relationship between a man and a woman when they marry: “They shall become one (echad) flesh.”
- In Numbers 13: 23, “echad” is used to describe one cluster of grapes: “Then they came to the valley of Eshcol and from there they cut down a branch with a single (echad) cluster of grapes.”
These two verses make clear that “echad” can be used to describe a compound unity—a single entity with multiple manifestations, and they shed light on the true meaning of Deuteronomy 6: 4-5. Yahweh our God is One (Echad), but He is a compound unity, just as the meaning of “Elohim” indicates.
Yahweh’s compound nature is revealed clearly in Isaiah 48: 16—“Come near to Me, listen to this: from the first I have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place, I was there. And now Adonai Yahweh has sent Me, and His Spirit.”
In this verse, Yahweh refers to Himself as three distinct Beings. First, we are told to come near and listen. Then the Speaker (i.e., the Messiah) explains that He was in the beginning with Yahweh and that Yahweh sent Him and His Holy Spirit to earth. These three manifestations of Yahweh were together in the beginning, and the Father sent the Messiah and His Spirit to earth for a purpose.
Now, take a look at Proverbs 30: 2-6—“Surely I am more stupid than any man, and I do not have the understanding of a man. Neither have I learned wisdom, nor do I have the knowledge of the Holy One. Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His Name or His Son’s Name? Surely you know! Every Word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to His Words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.”
This proverb asks the Name of the Holy One. The answer is “Yahweh.” It also asks His Son’s Name and suggests that the answer is apparent by saying, “Surely you know!” The Son’s Name is obvious. It is Yahweh. God’s Name is Yahweh; Yahweh has a Son; He is the Messiah; His Name is Yahweh; and They are One.
By the way, “Surely you know!” could have been transliterated this way: “Can’t you see this? Surely you can!”
News Items of Interest:
- Obama: Evidence shows Iran is developing nukes
- Despite Obama’s sanctions, Ahmadinejad can keep smiling
- Palestinian PM to Ha’aretz: We’ll have a state by 2011
- Israel deports three Swedish activists with Palestinian roots
- U.S.: Military action will not solve Mideast conflict
- The Pharaoh fantasy
- Exploiting the Crisis
- Fierce debate on Israel underway inside Obama administration
- Politico Story Suggests Dennis Ross is Treasonous
- Slapping Friends
- Obama, Chinese president talk Iran
- Hu Heads for Washington: Will Tensions Ease?
- To Pressure Iran, the U.S. Leans on Dubai
- Federal Court’s Ruling Poses Threat to Terror-Finance Investigation
- No Speech for You
- Technology and the Holy Temple
- Moscow subway bomber was 17, alleged rebel widow
- FBI warns letters to governors could stir violence
- Pope’s preacher: Abuse critique like anti-Semitism
- Obama and Medvedev to sign landmark nuclear arms pact
- Israel, Palestinians must restrain Gaza violence, U.K. says
- Hamas signals it wants to keep Gaza quiet
- Israel warns of new Gaza assault after air strikes
- Christians converge on Jerusalem for Good Friday
- Jerusalem police step up safety measures ahead of Easter
- Israeli unveils tank-defense system of the future
- Obama urges China’s Hu to get behind Iran push
- Iran nuke envoy pushes for dialogue, not sanctions
- ElBaradei takes reform campaign to Egypt’s Nile Delta
- Putin deepens ties with Chavez on Venezuela visit
- 5 gunmen killed in shootout with Mexican soldiers
- Pakistani chief justice’s battle with Zardari threatens stability
- 20 civilians killed in Somali capital
Special Section from Richard Rives author of Time is the Ally of Deceit:
Ephesus, the capital of western Asia Minor, was best known for its temple of Diana.
In the book of Acts we read that the Apostle Paul had persuaded many people, not only of Ephesus, but of all throughout Asia, that the gods and goddesses they were worshipping were as the Bible states: ‘no gods’. Those involved with the worship of these false gods, concerned that their livelihood was in danger, were full of wrath and began to cry out: “Great is Diana of the Ephesians”. We are told that the whole city was filled with confusion.
Today, there are many whose livelihood depends on the propagation of pagan tradition, by pretending that it is in honor of Christ. These teachers know full well that Easter is the name of a pagan fertility goddess that can be traced directly to the goddess Diana or Artemis of the Ephesians. And just as in Ephesus they cry out when they are challenged with the truth. All they can do is create confusion in an attempt to provide explanations as to why once abominable precepts are now acceptable.
The Bible plainly warns of vain talkers and deceivers who teach things which they ought not for filthy lucre’s sake. We are told that these men are identified by the fact that they teach the commandments of men that turn away from the truth rather than the commandments of God.
Bible believers should not stand idly by and allow tradition to replace the truths of Scripture. The Bible says that those who teach people to disobey our Creators commandments should be sharply rebuked, that they may be sound in the faith.
Contending for the faith once delivered to the Saints:
I’m Richard Rives with Just the Facts.
Commonsense: You should read Time is the Ally of Deceit by Richard Rives. You’ll be glad you did.
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org