“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to email@example.com. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Scripture of the day:
Isaiah 22: 14-19—“But Yahweh Sabaoth revealed Himself to me, ‘Surely this iniquity shall not be forgiven you until you die,’ says Adonai Yahweh Sabaoth. Thus says Adonai Yahweh Sabaoth, ‘Come, go to this steward, to Shebna, who is in charge of the royal household, What right do you have here, and whom do you have here, that you have hewn a tomb for yourself here, you who hew a tomb on the height, you who carve a resting place for yourself in the rock? Behold, Yahweh is about to hurl you headlong, O man. And He is about to grasp you firmly and roll you tightly like a ball, to be cast into a vast country; there you will die and there your splendid chariots will be, you shame of your master’s house. I will depose you from your office, and I will pull you down from your station.’”
Currently, I am putting up bite sized pieces of His Name is Yahweh in SnyderTalk Commentary. If you haven’t read it, it will be a treat for you. If you have read it, you will probably enjoy reading it again. You can download the entire manuscript for free at His Name is Yahweh, or you can buy it in Kindle format from Amazon for just $5.
I have left out several footnotes. Please go to the website His Name is Yahweh and download the manuscript. It has all the footnotes, and it’s free.
What is Your Heart Condition?
Our willingness to obey Yahweh depends on the condition of our heart and our openness to the leading of His Spirit. Yahweh’s message is not too complex for ordinary men and women to understand. He presented it in very simple terms so that in the end no one will have an excuse for disobeying Him. We do not need preachers, rabbis, and other learned individuals to tell us what Yahweh said, even though some of them may want us to believe we do. We need only Yahweh, His Word, and His Spirit to understand His message, and then our heart condition determines whether we get it. What is your heart condition?
Matthew 13: 1-23 is Yeshua’s parable about The Sower. In the parable, He discusses four possible heart conditions, and He uses the fertility of the soil in which the seed is sown as a metaphor for the condition of our hearts in matters pertaining to Yahweh’s Word and the leading of His Spirit. Below are the heart conditions and a brief summary of Yeshua’s comments about them:
- Soil beside a tightly packed roadway (Matthew 13: 4): The soil beside the road is so tightly packed that birds eat the seed before it has a chance to sprout. This soil symbolizes a rock-hard human heart that God’s Word cannot penetrate, and the birds represent Satan snatching away God’s Word before it has a chance to grow and produce fruit. (Matthew 13: 19)
- Rocky soil just beyond the tightly packed dirt (Matthew 13: 5): Seed planted in rocky soil sprouts immediately, but the soil has no depth so the young plants’ roots cannot take a firm hold. Thus, they die quickly. This condition symbolizes people who hear the Word of Yahweh and immediately accept it with gladness, but when they experience hardship or any form of persecution for believing His Word they fall away without delay. (Matthew 13: 20-21)
- Soil infested with thorns (Matthew 13: 7): This soil may be fertile, but it is incapable of sustaining young plants because the thorns choke them out. Yeshua used this metaphor to symbolize people whose hearts are too preoccupied with worldly pursuits to produce fruit for Him. He specifically mentions people with an inordinate desire for creature comforts and financial security, and He calls this thorn the “deceitfulness of wealth.” (Matthew 13: 22) This may be the most difficult problem confronting United States citizens who claim to be Christians.
- Good soil (Matthew 13: 8): Good soil symbolizes a heart that is open to Yahweh’s Word and obedient to the leading of His Spirit. According to Yeshua, people with this type of heart hear Yahweh’s Word, understand it, apply it, and bear much fruit for Him. (Matthew 13: 23)
The message of this book (His Name is Yahweh) is as uncomplicated as Yahweh’s plan of salvation, and it comes directly from Him. Now you have the opportunity to make a decision to obey the only true God. Please do not test Yahweh. By this I mean, please do not require Yahweh to give you more evidence than He has made available in the Bible already to prove something that should be crystal clear. You have all the evidence you need, so decide. As for me and my house, we will trust Yahweh and obey Him. Any other choice makes no sense.
His Name is Yahweh Audio Presentation:
You can download the entire presentation for free at His Name is Yahweh and at the SnyderTalk Page titled His Name is Yahweh—an Audio Presentation. You may copy and share the audio files as often as you want at no cost.
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” (Hosea 4: 6)
News Items of Interest:
- Abdullah: Israel playing with fire
- ‘U.S. told Palestinians it would consider allowing UN censure of Israel’
- Israeli officials: Obama to call world summit if Mideast peace talks fail
- Israel’s choice: Make peace or disappear
- J’lem fears PA may ask UN to recognize state on 1967 lines
- ‘One-sided Palestinian state won’t work’
- Wanna buy a bridge, Mr. Mitchell?
Commonsense: As you read about peace in the Middle East, keep in mind that the Palestinian and Hamas charters call for Israel’s total annihilation. You can read both charters in the column on the right under Pages. If you read “Yahweh’s Promises Concerning the Promised Land” (also in the Pages in the column on the right), you will discover that Yahweh’s plan for peace is not at all like what we are hearing about today. In fact, anyone who thinks that peace in the Middle East can be achieved by dividing Eretz Yisrael is moving down a path that leads to war with Yahweh.
- Khamenei aide: Iran will never agree to nuclear fuel swap
- EU: China eyes targeted Iran sanctions
- US warns Iran, Syria on threats
- Who’s Winning So Far? Iran/Syria: 2; United States: 0
- Denial on Thames, sur Seine and Rhine
- Clinton: Syria’s provocations may plunge Middle East into war
- Israel’s best intentions may not be enough to avert war in Lebanon
- Iran rivalry behind Cairo’s Hizbullah tension
- Colombia’s FM: We share your resilience
- Analysis: A harbinger of future resistance?
- Netanyahu beats off right-wing challenge in Likud party ballot
- Republicans, Democrats and Israel
- Reid, Levin demean the Senate
- Rule of law is not for sale in America
- How Obama could lose Arizona immigration battle
- Obama’s new approach is more Rovian than Rove
- Obama’s war on the press gets some ink
- Sen. Arlen Specter, D-Pa., now says maybe he should have ’stayed a Republican’
- Support for incumbents at lowest levels since 1994
- Poll: Ariz. Gov. Brewer gets ‘bounce’ for signing immigration bill
- Bill Clinton has no shortage of time or opinions
Contending for the Faith Once Delivered to the Saints by Richard Rives:
Today, many Christian traditions cannot be found in the Bible, but instead are found within the pagan religions of antiquity. When confronted with the undeniable facts as to pagan practices having been labeled Christian, many people make the statement: ‘But that is not what it means to me.’
The truth is that what it means to us makes no difference. The real question should be: what does it mean to God?
A similar situation, which should serve as an example to us, can be found in Exodus 32. At Mount Sinai, the people, fearful of what might have happened to Moses, broke off the golden earrings which were in their ears and brought them to Aaron. We are told that he took the gold, melted it down and made a golden calf. Not only that, but an altar was built and the proclamation was made: ‘Tomorrow is a feast to the Lord.’ [SnyderTalk note: the Hebrew word used in Exodus 32: 5 is Yahweh.]
The people had attempted to associate elements of pagan religion, that they had become familiar with in Egypt, with the true worship of the Creator. The Bible tells us that they rose up early the next day, made offerings and sat down to eat and to drink. That was not the thing to do!!
The Lord said that the people by proclaiming these pagan practices to be in His honour, had corrupted themselves and had turned away from the commandments which He had given them. These abominable practices had angered the Lord, to the extent, that He spoke to Moses: “Now therefore, let me alone that my wrath may wax hot against them and that I may consume them.”
Today many traditions found in contemporary Christianity can be traced directly to Egyptian sun worship. Just as at Mt. Sinai, an attempt is once again made to associate aspects of paganism with the worship of the LORD. While admitting these facts, many theologians would lead us to believe that somehow it is now acceptable to do so, to disregard our Creators commandments regarding idolatry without corrupting ourselves.
There is no provision in the Old or New Testament that would, in any way, allow that.
Elements of idolatry, defined by scripture to be abominations have no place in the assembly of believers. The God of the Bible does not change His mind regarding the Commandments that he wrote in stone. What things mean to us makes no difference. Our only concern should be, what does it mean to our Creator?
Contending for the faith once delivered to the Saints:
I’m Richard Rives with Just the Facts.
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org