“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to email@example.com. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Websites you need to see:
- Friends of the Israel Defense Forces
- Israel: About Israel, The Israel Project, Tourist Information, the Holocaust, Israel map, Israel’s War of Independence, the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War, the First Intifada, the Second Intifada, Arab-Israel conflict, and anti-Semitism
- The Temple Institute
- Video: The Aaronic Blessing—This is a beautiful video rendition of The Aaronic Blessing (Numbers 6: 24-26) in Hebrew and English, but notice that the title Adonai is used instead of the Name Yahweh. That is in keeping with a Jewish tradition that dates back to the mid-second century B.C., but you can be certain about this fact. Yahweh’s Name is essential to The Aaronic Blessing and should be there.
- Video: He is Yahweh
Today I’ll show where Yahweh’s Name belongs in Hebrews 7:
- For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham as he was returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
- to whom also Abraham apportioned a tenth part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace.
- Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he remains a priest perpetually.
- Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils.
- And those indeed of the sons of Levi who receive the priest’s office have commandment in the Law to collect a tenth from the people, that is, from their brethren, although these are descended from Abraham.
- But the one whose genealogy is not traced from them collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed the one who had the promises.
- But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater.
- In this case mortal men receive tithes, but in that case one receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives on.
- And, so to speak, through Abraham even Levi, who received tithes, paid tithes,
- for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
- Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the Law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron?
- For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.
- For the one concerning whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar.
- For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests.
- And this is clearer still, if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek,
- who has become such not on the basis of a law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life.
- For it is attested of Him, “YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER ACCORDING TO THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK.”
- For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness
- (for the Law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
- And inasmuch as it was not without an oath
- (for they indeed became priests without an oath, but He with an oath through the One who said to Him, “YAHWEH HAS SWORN AND WILL NOT CHANGE HIS MIND, ‘YOU ARE A PRIEST FOREVER’”);
- so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.
- The former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing,
- but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently.
- Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
- For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens;
- who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.
- For the Law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the Law, appoints a Son, made perfect forever.
Currently, I am putting up bite sized pieces of His Name is Yahweh in SnyderTalk Commentary. If you haven’t read it, it will be a treat for you. If you have read it, you will probably enjoy reading it again. Don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. You can download the entire manuscript for free at His Name is Yahweh, or you can buy it in Kindle format from Amazon for just $5.
I have left out several footnotes. Please go to the website His Name is Yahweh and download the manuscript. It has all the footnotes, and it’s free.
Yahweh Speaks to the Children of Israel in the Promised Land
Yahweh told the Children of Israel to destroy all the inhabitants when they entered the Promised Land to avoid being perverted by them, and there were many groups of people already there when they arrived. Each group worshiped false gods, and many of them performed ritualistic sacrifices to their gods that included human sacrifices. It would be fair to say that the early inhabitants of the Promised Land had a smorgasbord of gods from which to choose. Some people interpret this fact to mean that all the people living at that time were pagans, including the Israelites, because they performed sacrifices to many gods. But Yahweh is not a god. He is the One true God, and He does not require human sacrifices.
There is another way to interpret this information, though. You can conclude that Yahweh had been speaking to many people all along and that none of them understood His message correctly. All of them seemed to realize that Yahweh requires a sacrifice, but the animal sacrifices Yahweh required the Children of Israel to make were symbolic of the sacrifice He would make on our behalf.
The people living in the Promised Land when the Children of Israel arrived were so deluded that they were beyond hope. Yahweh told them to clear out the inhabitants so they could build a solid foundation for the nation of Israel based on faith in Him alone.
After they had been in the Promised Land for a number of years, Yahweh appeared to the Children of Israel and said,
“I brought you up out of Egypt and led you into the land which I have sworn to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you, and as for you, you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of the land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed Me; what is this you have done? Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall become as thorns in your sides and their gods shall be a snare to you.’” (Judges 2: 1-3)
Yahweh is telling the Children of Israel what will happen to them because of their lack of faith and their failure to obey Him. It makes no sense for anyone, especially a Christian, to ignore Yahweh’s commands because He expects us to honor Him and His Word. Please keep this fact in mind as you think about the Messiah because He is Yahweh, and He told us to tell the world about Him by Name.
And by the way, the verses quoted above should be a wake-up call for anyone who thinks partitioning the Promised Land as part of a peace deal will solve the problems in the Middle East. It won’t. Peace in the Middle East will not arrive until Yahweh returns, and bargaining with land that Yahweh promised to Abraham’s descendants through Isaac and Jacob is sinful.
News Items of Interest:
- Shalit camp tensely awaiting impact of Zahar’s exit from talks
- Keep “racist” Israel out of OECD, Arab rights group urges
- UK police in Israel to probe passports used in Dubai hit
- Is Iran inviting Israel to strike its nuclear facility?
- Israel pressing US not to send new envoy to Syria
- Dubai police chief tells Mossad head to be a man
- Jordan activists stage sit-in to protest Israel heritage listings
- Will Obama have an Iraq crisis?
- Hillary Clinton and the Mother Teresa Home for Infant Children
- Wasting time in Washington
- Iraq’s top cleric says aides not to join campaigns
- Iraq vote shows deep divides still facing country
- Opposition leader: dictatorial cult rules Iran
- Iran’s Mousavi calls for new opposition demo
- Iran’s Mousavi warns over system’s legitimacy warning
- Ex-UN nuclear chief: Egypt hungry for change
- Indian PM on Saudi Arabia for talks
- Dubai police chief: Mabhuh killers in Israel
Climate Change Update from Science & Environmental Policy Project:
Science editorial #7-2010 (Feb 27, 2010)
By S. Fred Singer, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project
[Note: This is another of a series of mini-editorials on the “junk science” influencing the global warming issue. Other topics will include the UN Environmental Program, and some individuals heavily involved in these matters.]
Junkscience #9. ClimateGate (CG) and other’Gates’ undermine the credibility of the IPCC and of AGW
The reports of the UN-IPCC have long provided the basis of the so-called ‘scientific consensus.’ Climate statements of assorted national academies of sciences, including the venerable Royal Society, turned out to be nothing more than rehash of the IPCC conclusions, rather than independent assessments. Similarly, the statements issued by various professional societies simply relied on the IPCC – without adding any analyses of their own.
In turn, this apparent consensus misled not only the media and the public but also the wider scientific community, which had remained largely unaware of the ongoing debate and of the work of the many reputable climate experts who disagreed with the IPCC. Thanks to the e-mails of ClimateGate (CG), we now know of the efforts by a small clique to suppress publication of such dissenting views by subverting the scientific peer-review process – often with the connivance of the editors of leading professional journals.
All this is now changing. The e-mails leaked from the University of East Anglia server strongly suggest that the basic temperature data had been manipulated, yielding the reported strong surface warming of the past 30 years. Again, we had long suspected this, because the data from weather satellites showed little warming trend of the atmosphere since 1979. Available proxy data seemed to confirm this result (see “Hot Talk Cold Science”  — HTCS Fig 16). But according to theory – and every greenhouse climate model — tropospheric trends should be substantially greater than surface trends.
This disparity between the trends derived from weather station data and from satellite data was already apparent in 1996 (see HTCS Fig 9), and was amply confirmed in a special study of the US National Academy of Sciences [“Reconciling observations of global temperature change” 2000].
The NAS report could not reconcile the disparity and never explained its cause. But it has become evident now that the cause may be a greatly exaggerated surface trend – brought about by the CG cabal. We will learn the details once we unravel just how the data were manipulated.
The ‘manufacture’ of a ‘man-made’ warming trend, when there is none, likely involved (i) selection of stations that showed a trend, and (ii) inadequate correction for purely local warming influences such as the ‘urban heat island’ effect (see HTCS Figs 7 and 8; and the recent extensive publications of Joe D’Aleo and Anthony Watts).
In a sense then, the other ‘Gates’ discovered since CG – GlacierGate and all the rest – are a distraction from the main story. They were all found in IPCC Volume 2, which deals with climate impacts, i.e. with the consequences of global warming. They indicate a general sloppiness and make a mockery of the much touted IPCC standards and procedures. They have severely shaken the public’s and the media’s faith in the IPCC. But the main story is still CG – because it impacts directly on IPCC Volume 1, which deals with climate science and the causes of climate change rather than with climate impacts. To sum up: CG demonstrates just how the IPCC  arrived at its erroneous conclusion about anthropogenic global warming (AGW) in the latter half of the 20th century. They used bad data. It’s no surprise then that none of the evidence the IPCC put forth in support of AGW can stand up to scrutiny – as already shown in the reports of the NIPCC (“Nature, not human activity, rules the climate” and “Climate change reconsidered”) [2008 and 2009].
- The sound of alarm
- £60m bill for the CO2 of our political class
- Climate change
- Climate change and open science
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org