“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Facebook Group His Name is Yahweh:
I use the Facebook group His Name is Yahweh to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you are not already a fan, you should consider signing up. Click here to visit the site.
Email Distribution List:
I have created an email distribution list that I use to notify people when I post a new SnyderTalk. If you would like to be on that list, send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know others who are interested in SnyderTalk content, tell them to send me their email address, and I’ll put them on the list.
Websites you need to see:
- Friends of the Israel Defense Forces
- Israel: About Israel, The Israel Project, Tourist Information, the Holocaust, Israel map, Israel’s War of Independence, the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War, the First Intifada, the Second Intifada, Arab-Israel conflict, and anti-Semitism
- The Temple Institute
- Video: The Aaronic Blessing—This is a beautiful video rendition of The Aaronic Blessing (Numbers 6: 24-26) in Hebrew and English, but notice that the title Adonai is used instead of the Name Yahweh. That is in keeping with a Jewish tradition that dates back to the mid-second century B.C., but you can be certain about this fact. Yahweh’s Name is essential to The Aaronic Blessing and should be there.
- Video: He is Yahweh
Today I’ll show where Yahweh’s Name belongs in Romans chapter 11:
- I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
- God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel?
- “Lord, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS, THEY HAVE TORN DOWN YOUR ALTARS, AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY ARE SEEKING MY LIFE.”
- But what is the divine response to him? “I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL.”
- In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s gracious choice.
- But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.
- What then? What Israel is seeking, it has not obtained, but those who were chosen obtained it, and the rest were hardened;
- just as it is written, “GOD GAVE THEM A SPIRIT OF STUPOR, EYES TO SEE NOT AND EARS TO HEAR NOT, DOWN TO THIS VERY DAY.”
- And David says, “LET THEIR TABLE BECOME A SNARE AND A TRAP, AND A STUMBLING BLOCK AND A RETRIBUTION TO THEM.
- “LET THEIR EYES BE DARKENED TO SEE NOT, AND BEND THEIR BACKS FOREVER.”
- I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.
- Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!
- But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
- if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them.
- For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
- If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too.
- But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,
- do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.
- You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”
- Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
- for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
- Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
- And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
- For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?
- For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
- and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, “THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB.”
- “THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS.”
- From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers;
- for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
- For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience,
- so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy.
- For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.
- Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!
- For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF YAHWEH, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR?
- Or WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN?
- For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.
Currently, I am putting up bite sized pieces of His Name is Yahweh in SnyderTalk Commentary. If you haven’t read it, it will be a treat for you. If you have read it, you will probably enjoy reading it again. Don’t hesitate to share it with your friends. You can download the entire manuscript for free at His Name is Yahweh, or you can buy it in Kindle format from Amazon for just $5.
I have left out several footnotes. Please go to the website His Name is Yahweh and download the manuscript. It has all the footnotes, and it’s free.
We Have Salvation in Yahweh’s Name…BUT We Stripped His Name Out of the Bible
Yahweh’s Name was used extensively in Israel until the mid-second century B.C., but during the reign of the Seleucid king Antiochus Epiphanes (175-164 B.C.) its use was abandoned. Epiphanes ruled the Syrian empire (or the Seleucid empire) that included Israel, and he tried to Hellenize the Jewish people (i.e., he tried to turn them into good Greeks) against their will. As a part of his Hellenization program, Epiphanes compelled the Jews under penalty of death to abandon Yahweh’s Law. Additionally, he renamed the Temple of Yahweh and called it Zeus Olympius. Prostitution was commonplace inside the Temple during his reign.
Epiphanes’ actions led to the Maccabean (or Hasmonaean) revolt and that led to the rise to prominence of three Jewish religious sects: the Pharisees, the Sadducees, and the Essenes. With the emergence of these three groups, new religious philosophies began to take hold. The Pharisee sect is the one most responsible for today’s Rabbinic or Talmudic Judaism.
The Pharisees were justifiably appalled by Epiphanes’ persecution of Law-abiding Jews and by the attempts of Hellenizers to profane anything having to do with Yahweh and His Law. They decided to build “a wall around the Torah” to keep people from violating Yahweh’s decrees. By this I mean they forbade things Yahweh did not prohibit in order to keep Jewish people from even coming close to breaking one of Yahweh’s commands. One of the so-called “walls” they constructed was the prohibition against saying the Name “Yahweh.” To keep people from blaspheming Yahweh’s Name or from using it in vain, the rabbis simply forbade its use except on special occasions—and then only by highly educated, religious Jews. Thus, Yahweh’s Name never was lost. There have been people who knew the correct pronunciation of Yahweh’s Name all along, but over time His Name was lost for most people.
The rabbis in the mid-second century B.C. believed their actions were reasonable and justifiable. The Mishnah explains their rationale:
“In times of emergency it may be right to set aside or amend the commandments of God enjoined in His Law: the Law may best be served by breaking it.” (Mishnah Ber., 9: 5 as translated by Herbert Danby, p. 10, n. 13)
While their motives may have been pure, their ruling made illegal something Yahweh requires and had far-reaching consequences. It prevented people from using Yahweh’s Name at all—the Name He commanded us to declare openly and loudly throughout the world and the Name in which we have salvation. They were not the first people to do this. The false prophets of Jeremiah’s day did something similar, and this is what Yahweh said about them:
“How long are there to be those among the prophets who prophesy lies and are in fact prophets of their own delusions? They are doing their best, by means of the dreams that they keep telling each other, to make My people forget My Name, just as their ancestors forgot My Name in favour of Baal. Let the prophet who has had a dream tell it for a dream! And let him who receives a Word from Me, deliver My Word accurately!” (Jeremiah 23: 26-28 from The New Jerusalem Bible )
Clearly, Yahweh was not pleased with the false prophets of Jeremiah’s day, and He certainly did not condone the actions of the rabbis who took it upon themselves about 300 years later to remove His Name from circulation. Their ruling caused most people to forget Yahweh’s Name, and some very knowledgeable Bible scholars have argued that it locked away the key to properly understanding the Scriptures. Some of them even suggest that Yeshua was addressing this very problem when He said,
“But woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.” (Matthew 23: 13)
In Luke’s Gospel, Jesus’ statement reads this way:
“Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge; you yourselves did not enter, and you hindered those who were entering.” (Luke 11: 52)
According to the Mishnah, “The blasphemer is not considered culpable unless he exactly pronounces the Name,” (Sanhedrin 7: 5) and violating the ban against saying the Name “Yahweh” was considered a capital offense—i.e., punishable by death. The prescribed manner of death for people committing “blasphemy” was a combination of stoning and being hung on a tree. (Sanhedrin 7: 5) As you will see later, the Bible reveals that Yeshua was crucified for violating this prohibition or for simply saying the Name “Yahweh.”
Climate Change Update:
SEPP SCIENCE EDITORIAL #5-2010 (Jan 30, 2010)
By S. Fred Singer, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project
[Note: This is another of a series of mini-editorials on the “junk science” influencing the global warming issue. Other topics will include the UN Environmental Program, and some individuals heavily involved in these matters.]
The Global Mean Surface Temperature (GMST) is largely determined by the Sea Surface Temperature (SST)—since oceans cover 71% of the earth’s surface. So even if the land data are manipulated to show a major warming (as the ClimateGate e-mails suggest), this should not affect the SST data—one would think. Unfortunately, SST has problems of its own: (1) Scarcity of data; and (2) Lack of compatibility of different methods of collecting data.
For much of the twentieth century, data came only from shipping routes—and large parts of the world’s oceans were not contributing data. Data collection came from samples gathered with buckets from sailing ships, first wooden buckets and later canvas ones (which required substantial corrections). After the advent of steamers, temperatures were measured at the inlets for engine cooling water (inlet temperature).
Around 1980, satellites produced major changes: (1) Infrared emission from the sea surface was thought to measure temperature directly, but the method worked only in the absence of clouds and haze, and it responded to ‘skin’ temperature rather than the bulk of the sea surface (as inlet temperatures). (2) The introduction of buoys, first ‘drifters’ and then diving buoys, expanded geographic coverage. But this introduced a new problem: as I have discussed (see also NIPCC 2008 Fig 20), drifters measure temperatures in the upper 50cm, which are usually warmer than the ‘inlet temperatures.’ It is easily shown that the increasing fraction of data from drifters leads to an artificial warming trend.
But don’t the measurements of ocean heat content show a warming? What better authority than the flawed paper by Hansen et al. [Science 308:1431-35 (2005)] that had proudly claimed to be the “smoking gun” for AGW. Its Fig 2 shows hardly any increase in observed stored heat between 1992 and 1996; Fig 3 shows a cooling of the upper layers in the equatorial region. There is poor correspondence to model runs (which strongly disagree with each other).
These are all problems that require detailed corrections before one can accept the published SST results—and therefrom the IPCC’s global surface warming trends. By comparison, the MSU (satellite) data show good agreement between tropospheric temperature over land and ocean (see NIPCC 2008 Fig 13), with little warming over land and even slightly less over oceans.
To sum up: Both the land data and SST data tell us that the claimed rise of global surface temperature between 1979 and 1997, shown by IPCC, is probably much smaller or may even be non-existent.
News Items of Interest:
- Netanyahu leaning toward probe into Gaza war crimes claims
- Killers injected Hamas leader with heart attack drug
- It’s all Obama’s fault
- Dershowitz: Goldstone a traitor to the Jewish people
- Israeli left needs to wake up before it’s too late
Commonsense: The same is true in the US. The good ideas the left does have are dwarfed by the colossal errors they make on just about every front. Leftists (i.e., liberals and progressives) in the Western world are notorious for having tried desperately to appease Hitler while there was still time to stop him, but they wouldn’t be convinced that Hitler was a problem—until it was too late that is. The price we paid for their thoughtlessness was a devastating world war. Will they ever learn? Probably not. I’m focusing so much attention on climate change because leftists are using a lie about global warming right now to try and destroy the global economy. Their pretenses are global equity and saving the planet, but in reality it’s all about control. Al Gore should be proud that Osama bin Laden is now solidly in his camp. It’s not news that bin Laden wants to destroy Western economies. The surprise is that he joined ranks with Al Gore and his breed on climate change, or better yet that Al Gore and his cronies are falling into line with Islamist crazies. What does that tell you? If you’re interested in the truth about climate change, read the articles in the “Climate Change” Page in the column on the right.
- Sea of Galilee water levels rise nearly a meter (about 3 feet) in 2 months
- Dutch pro-Palestinian socialite: Israel plays on Holocaust
Commonsense: It’s true that the Israeli people and Jewish people around the world keep a watchful eye on anti-Semitism. They should. They have first-hand experience with its effects, and they see clearly what’s happening right now. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad isn’t the only demented imbecile out there who wants Israel and the Jewish people destroyed. Just follow what the leaders of Hamas, Fatah, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, etc., etc., etc. are saying and you’ll be concerned too. Problem is most leftists don’t want to bother with the truth. It’s as if they are saying, “To hell with the facts. I have an opinion—not a thoughtful opinion, but an opinion nonetheless.”
- How a leftist-Islamist alliance is subverting democracy in Turkey
- Skyrocketing costs may have doomed NYC trial plan
Commonsense: Following Scott Brown’s election victory in Massachusetts, it is more likely that voter discontent in New York turned the tide.
- Yemeni rebel leader accepts ceasefire conditions
- Opposition in call for protest on Iran anniversary
- Iran warns protesters as post-vote trial starts
- Yemen arrests would-be suicide bomber
- Iran opposition heads condemn execution of dissidents
- So much wasted green for climate change talks
- Maybe I’m getting paranoid…about Obama
- Pakistan checks reported death of Taliban chief
- Watchdog: bailouts created more risk in system
- Davos forum considers world economy on last day
- US beefing up missiles defense in Persian Gulf
- Yemen rejects Shiite rebel’s peace offer
- 3 Americans now held in Iran for half of a year
- Seized North Korea arms were heading for Iran
- Berlusconi warning over Israeli settlements
His Name is Yahweh:
There is a wealth of material available for free download on www.hisnameisyahweh.org including the book His Name is Yahweh. His Name is Yahweh is also available at Amazon on Kindle for just $5. If you haven’t read His Name is Yahweh, you should. The importance of Yahweh’s Name is becoming more apparent with each passing day.
Available on Amazon Kindle and it can be downloaded at www.hisnameisyahweh.org