Make SnyderTalk.com® Your Go To Place
“For here we are not afraid to follow the truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it.” Thomas Jefferson
To see this week’s blog and other blogs, click on “Blogs by Date” under “Categories” on the right.
- Genesis 35: 10-12—“’You shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel shall be your name.’ Thus He called him Israel. God also said to him, ‘I am God Almighty (El Shaddai); be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall come from you, and kings shall come forth from you. The land which I gave to Abraham and Isaac, I will give it to you, and I will give the land to your descendants after you.’” http://www.hisnameisyahweh.org
I believe the United States is engaging in the riskiest behavior anyone can imagine. We’re running trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see, but that’s not it. Gross immorality and callous disregard for human life are commonplace, but that’s not it. Unbridled greed plagues Wall Street…and Main Street, but that’s not it either. The crisis I’m talking about makes those problems look insignificant by comparison. Through our elected leaders, and the president of the United States in particular, we’re positioning this nation to stand between Yahweh and His promises regarding Israel.
If you don’t believe in God, then you may want to tune out right now, but let me make one thing clear before you leave. The fact that you don’t believe in God is irrelevant. Your believing in Him doesn’t make Him real. He IS, and you have nothing to do with it. I tell you this for a reason. Too many people seem to think that Yahweh’s existence is subject to majority rule. The arrogance is mindboggling.
If you do believe in God, pay careful attention because Yahweh’s promises will be fulfilled—every single one of them. Nothing can stop from happening anything that Yahweh said will happen. As you can see from the verses above, Yahweh gave the Land of Israel, Eretz Yisrael, to the Jewish people as a permanent inheritance, so trying to force Israel to surrender land that Yahweh promised to give her is dangerous.
Over the next several days, I will run as features on SnyderTalk promises that Yahweh has made. Many of them have to do specifically with the Land of Israel and the Jewish people’s connection to that land. Please read Yahweh’s promises carefully and think about what they mean, especially now as the U.S. is launching a full-scale assault to make Israel do things that she should not do. Even if Israel is a willing accomplice in our efforts, it won’t matter. Yahweh’s promises do not depend on Israel’s obedience…or ours, thankfully.
In the last few posts, I’ve been critical of President Barack Obama. I’ve implied and said that I think he’s a racist, and let me be perfectly clear. I do think he’s a racist. I’ve also said that he does things in a haphazard fashion. I believe his modus operandi is to shoot from the hip…to fire off at the mouth first and ask questions later. Those are dangerous proclivities for a president of the United States, and I think the evidence supports my beliefs. That said, what he has done so far is not nearly as problematic as what he is about to do. Tampering with Yahweh’s promises is verboten.
I hope I’ve addressed any questions you may have had about my leanings in this blog. I’ll follow Yahweh, and I’ll do my best to warn His people when I think they’re about to make a terrible mistake. I think we’re making a terrible mistake right now, and if we don’t stop it, we’re in for trouble.
Today’s Events Shaping Our World
U.S. and Western Hemisphere
- Democrats press committee action on healthcare
- New jobless claims rise more than expected
- Baby cut from mother’s womb is found, woman arrested
- As recession bites, hopes for Obama fade
- Is healthcare bill too complex to grasp?
- House dems push ahead with healthcare bill
- Senate hits another snag on healthcare
- Nancy Pelosi lashes out against insurance companies
- Microsoft CEO says nobody gets Yahoo deal
- Big banks paid billion in bonuses during crisis
- Cash for clunkers out of business…already?
- Obama is practicing for Middle East diplomacy: beers first, lunch second
If you love pistachios and baklava, try them together. That’ right…pistachio baklava. Gulluoglu Baklava makes the tastiest baklava you’ve ever put in your mouth. Katie and I became acquainted with the company while visiting Istanbul, Turkey, and we loved it. Thankfully, they have a store in Brooklyn, NY so you can telephone them (1-718-645-1822) or order over the Internet and get overnight delivery. If you want to impress some important guests or just want to make your family and friends happy, serve them Gulluoglu pistachio baklava for desert. You’ll be glad you did, and they will too. Surf their website for other mouthwatering treats. For your information, they are opening their second store in the New York area in Manhattan at 982 2nd Avenue. If you live or work in Manhattan, get ready. They should be open in about 10 days.
Israel and Middle East
- Operation Cast Lead was necessary and proportionate
- Obama fails to name anti-Semitism envoy as the U.S. law requires
- No holds barred: when rabbis fail
- Netanyahu freezes Jerusalem construction
- Livni: Mideast monitoring world’s efforts to stop Iran from getting nukes
- As usual, Arabs balk when asked for help with peace effort
- Fatah-Hamas tensions rise over West Bank congress
- Arafat always supported terrorism
- It’s time for the U.S. to declare victory in Iraq and go home, says a U.S. military advisor
- U.S. briefs Israel on new Iran nuclear sanctions
- Iranian police break up graveside demonstration
- U.S. blasts crackdown at graveside rally
- Clashes in Iran gaining steam
Mourners have to hide their faces
Iranian police take charge
China, Russia, India, and Asia-Pacific
- Pakistan case gives glimpse of U.S. terror suspect
- Britain and U.S. defend war in Afghanistan
- China needs new policies after Xinjiang
- India PM too soft on Pakistan?
Europe and Africa